This is my review of the November update.

Hey all! So, obviously BTB just came out. I’ve decided that every time an update for the game comes out, I’ll review it. Hopefully, I get to review something each month.
I do these in video form, but I’ll also do a quick sort of text version of the review.

Click here for video form.

Basically, I feel like this update is more impactful than it probably seems like at first.
A few balance tunings and 4 Forge maps might not seem like a lot, but it is.
The balance turnings (Warzone, Aiming) in my experience, enhanced the gameplay so much more than I could have hoped.
Warzone Assault is now more varied and exciting, and shooting feels great in all modes with all weapons.

-The inclusion of BTB, though ranked, provides a more social and laidback Arena experience. Warzone is good, but it’s just not the same.The only other social playlists I could ask for are Infection, Action Sack, and Squad Slayer.

-Surprisingly, the new REQs are the weakest and most uninteresting part of this update. At least for me. Shinobi is a cool armour set, but I feel like nothing else stands out. I’m also not a fan of the Green Machine skins.

-Some of the new forge maps are great, while others lean towards “meh”. But, because they are forge maps, I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw improvements made to them over time.

warzone assault is indeed a blast, but we need more incentive to play regular warzone. Regular warzone can last a solid 20 minutes and I feel that mode should grant at least 400 more req points. Those matches can really drag on, I don’t mind the slower pacing but the rewards for seeing the match through…especially if you’re losing all the way…should be a bit higher.

The only thing that sucks about this update is the extra skins for maverick jester and void dancer…both of which are ugly and really don’t deserve to be legendary. Same with the extra venture/freebooter skin. The tracer stuff is nice because it’s a whole new set, and shinobi is awesome…but after this update…please no more reskins of the same damn armor. We need mk IV, V , EOD, CQB…legit actual cool armors…not the same sets again and again with slightly different color placements and white markings.

The sensitivity/acceleration is fixed and for that I am thrilled. It was a real killjoy for me. The maps need work, they’ve improved rotation greatly, but I’m not impressed with the Forge maps. I wish someone at 343 could explain the need to use Forge for these maps instead of proper developer tools. Is it a budgetary thing? Is it a time thing? This game has to have a production budget in the high tens of millions if not low triple digits, how can they not have the resources to make proper maps? I’ll continue to play the game and buy REQ packs (because I’m a sucker). 343 has nailed the gameplay so there’s that!

> 2533274831364893;2:
> warzone assault is indeed a blast, but we need more incentive to play regular warzone. Regular warzone can last a solid 20 minutes and I feel that mode should grant at least 400 more req points. Those matches can really drag on, I don’t mind the slower pacing but the rewards for seeing the match through…especially if you’re losing all the way…should be a bit higher.
>
> The only thing that sucks about this update is the extra skins for maverick jester and void dancer…both of which are ugly and really don’t deserve to be legendary. Same with the extra venture/freebooter skin. The tracer stuff is nice because it’s a whole new set, and shinobi is awesome…but after this update…please no more reskins of the same damn armor. We need mk IV, V , EOD, CQB…legit actual cool armors…not the same sets again and again with slightly different color placements and white markings.

Agreed! They’re already talking about boosting RP for BTB, so It’s possible that they’ll increase RP for vanilla Warzone if we push for it.