This is my gun. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

I think a neat little feature to have in Halo 4 is to make every weapon feel different. I’m not talking about an AR feeling different to the Plasma Rifle, but an AR feeling different to the AR. No gun will look the exact same anymore, but still look very similar to each other. For the sake of this thread (and my hands) I will only refer to DMR or BR and the AR. As I said before the guns will look different, but will still possess the same stats and will use the same amount of screen space. Here are some examples of out I’m talking about

The DMR or BR.

(Exclude the sniper and assault rifle designs.)

The assault rifle.

How I think this could work is that in MM, Firefight, and campaign, every time you spawn or respawn you will always get a different version of these guns, sometimes they may possess scratches or a different paint job. If you find a different version of the DMR/BR or AR on the battlefield you will be able to pick up the different variant if you so wish. However, the case could not be the same with plasma weaponry because you cannot pick up spare ammo. I’ve had this idea since I saw the concept art and thought I’d share with you guys to see if you feel the same.
(I might add onto this later.)

TL;DR: Random textures for weapons!

Random textures is what you mean?

> Random textures is what you mean?

Yeah, I guess. I’ll add that as a tl;dr in the OP.

> > Random textures is what you mean?
>
> Yeah, I guess. I’ll add that as a tl;dr in the OP.

Or do you mean the gun will behave slightly differently?

> > > Random textures is what you mean?
> >
> > Yeah, I guess. I’ll add that as a tl;dr in the OP.
>
> Or do you mean the gun will behave slightly differently?

No. I said in the OP the gun will behave the same way so nobody gets an immediate advantage. This was just to support aesthetics and design.

> > > > Random textures is what you mean?
> > >
> > > Yeah, I guess. I’ll add that as a tl;dr in the OP.
> >
> > Or do you mean the gun will behave slightly differently?
>
> No. I said in the OP the gun will behave the same way so nobody gets an immediate advantage. This was just to support aesthetics and design.

I’d like to carry around a different looking AR to everyone else.

Approval given.

> > > > > Random textures is what you mean?
> > > >
> > > > Yeah, I guess. I’ll add that as a tl;dr in the OP.
> > >
> > > Or do you mean the gun will behave slightly differently?
> >
> > No. I said in the OP the gun will behave the same way so nobody gets an immediate advantage. This was just to support aesthetics and design.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uzmoDaPjDM

Yeah, Pretty much this, but guns instead of sheep. XD

Lulz.

I like the center column middle assault rifle with the iron sights.

Right column, bottom rifle is awesome also.

Bump in the name of feedback!

i like the idea and they kinda did that in reach in a few ways so ya good idea hope they do it to add some variety to the same old same old style of each gun

Instead of just randomly generating, a player might like if they can select which style they like over another. I know some people have suggested have different colored skins like in Gears, but I think something like this might be a better choice because I’m sure some people don’t want to pick up someone else’s bright pink assault rifle, but a slightly different styled one probably would be more acceptable.

I think it would make more sense to have the different weapon skins (which is what they essentially are) to be unlocked, like armour. Weapons on the floor would be default, and when you pick them up they change to your custom skin.

It’s pretty cool, instead of just having different camos on your weapons, you could have different designs too. Pretty neat.

> I think it would make more sense to have the different weapon skins (which is what they essentially are) to be unlocked, like armour. Weapons on the floor would be default, and when you pick them up they change to your custom skin.
>
> It’s pretty cool, instead of just having different camos on your weapons, you could have different designs too. Pretty neat.

hate to say it but this sounds alot like a copy off of call of duty :stuck_out_tongue: but good idea just the same

Being able to just slightly customize the appearance of basic weapons while keeping the stats the same would be awesome.