This is how the Franchise ends.

> Asked if the Journal was considered canon, O’Connor replied “Absolutely.” It’s a significant step forward from Easter Eggs like the Halo 2 LE instruction manual, which was written from the Covenant perspective (and was actually written by O’Connor himself), and is the first serious attempt to meaningfully tie outside contributions into the game proper. It’s doubtful that it will be the last though.
>
> “Halo’s a collaborative process,” O’Connor concludes, "and incorporating other people’s ideas, incorporating the team’s ideas and incorporating our partners’ ideas is something that we’re not opposed to at all. We’ll embrace it when it’s good.

Thanks Frank, it’s nice to know that you don’t give a frack about consistency. You’ll embrace “when it’s good”. Gee, that sounds a lot like George Lucas. And so now you expect me to forget that Nylund’s book ever existed and now want me to believe the BS that’s coming out of the Journal. This is as dumb as having all S-IIs watching John conduct his tests while millions of people are dying on Reach…oh wait, I’m just a stupid illterate who can’t connect the dots.

Remember context my friend. They can’t embrace the Red Vs Blue universe as canon just because it’s there. It’s a process of making something official, approving it, and making sure it fits.

And in context, yeah…about Nylund’s best selling novel, it never happened because we don’t like it anymore. And by the way, in context, stupid things like the Journal, which contains absurd events, they are officially canon.

They’ve already said it’s an inconsistency. For now we just have to speculate and wait for official word. The Fall of Reach still happened. It’s just that last bit that’s been changed. Really if you’d like everything handed to you on a silver platter you should pick a different franchise, some of us like to think about things and to speculate on our own.

And besides, it’s not like this is a franchise killing thing. I mean, Star Wars has had a lot of similar instances happen, and it’s still going strong despite what some people consider less than stellar prequels.

At the end of the day, we need to sit back and see that “Hey, at least there are still other good stories left untouched, like The Return from Evolutions, or Ghosts of Onyx.” There is really no need to get all flustered about this. I’d be more worried if they revealed that Master Chief was a catgirl or something, really.

Congratulations, you’re telling me that did Bungie didn’t thrust this garbage of Halo:Reach down ppl’s throats. And what does O’Connor have to show for it, nothing, nada, not even a re-assuring statement. Total ignorance of the crap that has gone down

And your last statement about a “silver platter”. Some of us have actually invested a large amount of money into this franchise. I’ve spent 10 years reading their novels and playing their games. I’ve already speculated what I can and realize there’s more to add. But you’re a fool if you accuse me of being short-sighted. 10 years is how long the timeline in the novel has stood. ANd now this BS from Bungie and total disrespect shown to Nylund, this is unacceptable.

I can promise I’ve spent just as much time and money on this franchise as you, if not more. Your posts come off as having a sense of self entitlement. As though you deserve Halo 4, 5, and 6 now, plus Johnson’s death certificate. Patience. The Cortana letters didn’t really get used until Halo 3, it’s taken a long time for a lot of the deeper details of this universe to pan out, although things may not iron out perfectly, I’m willing to guarantee that something will be done.

And there’s one thing we have to remember in all of this.

It’s fictional. None of this happens in the real world and it’s not going to affect it in any adverse way. Your dog is not going to catch cold because the Pillar of Autumn is somewhere different now. I highly doubt that a money making franchise like Halo is going to stay in some dis-repaired state for long. You don’t starve the goose that lays the golden eggs, and Microsoft/343i knows that. Things will be done to address this. In the meantime, we have to take a chill pill and show a little patience.

You act as if I wanted something major. And yes, I am entitled to something: an explanation of wtf is going from 343i that isn’t from a useless interview and is more than 5 sentences. IF they can’t give me that, I reserve the right to keep posting my criticism.

And before you keep accusing me of being selfish, you forget that I am part of a business practice called: consumer feedback.

Now it’s up to customer service to provide something competent, which it’s been more than a month.

> Now it’s up to customer service to provide something competent, which it’s been more than a month.

1800-MY-XBOX

If they can’t deal with your issue, they’ll raise a support ticket for you. =)

Thanks, but no thanks. I’m happy enough with this forum of theirs(they need the traffic). It’s not like the admins respond to anybody unless its a general question.

Sometimes it helps to be a little more patient. Meanwhile I would suggest keeping the tone of discussion as civil as possible :slight_smile:

I would like to say sorry then for my overreaction including SirPWnage.

> You act as if I wanted something major. And yes, I am entitled to something: an explanation of wtf is going from 343i that isn’t from a useless interview and is more than 5 sentences. IF they can’t give me that, I reserve the right to keep posting my criticism.
>
> And before you keep accusing me of being selfish, you forget that I am part of a business practice called: consumer feedback.
>
> Now it’s up to customer service to provide something competent, which it’s been more than a month.

As consumers we’re all entitled to something. I was referring to the sense of entitlement this generation of gamers, and the generation in general, seems to have. Look at DLC for example, sure there are companies like Epic that will give things out for free, but not everyone does and not everyone can. Besides, they worked on the content, shouldn’t they get paid?

Being entitled to something is one thing “I bought the game, it should work properly (MW2, I’m looking at you)”, and what many people that I consider, and am old enough to consider, kids, have is another “I bought the game, I should get every update, map, collectors item, and be the best at the game ever.”

I understand your point, yes…and once again, sorry for me lashing out at you. :slight_smile:

This may not be the death of the franchise, but Halo Reach’s events def mean that part of Fall of Reach, and most all of First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx wouldnt have been able to happen.

I’ll still read the books, but there is no way aside from time travel that would explain wtf is going on.

bog of bastsds

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=33630397

This will answer all your questions my friend.

I’m with A Puzzled Mind here.

To those who goes “who cares?” : Since you don’t care, there’s no reason for you to be in this discussion. Let us fight for the canon we bought.