This is how Halo 6 can become successful

Now we all want Halo 6 to do well. Most of us want Halo 6 to become the best out of the franchise. I certainly do and I also seem to think I have a good idea on how 343i could potentially make Halo 6 become the most successful Halo since Halo 3. I’ll break it down as a list making it a lot easier to put my ideas across.

1.) Campaign: make the campaign a lot easier to understand. If you want new players coming aboard the Halo hype train, make the campaign be easily understandable for newer players. Make it so you don’t necessarily need to read story arcs outside of the game for people to get attached. Keep it simple yet captivating. That’s how Halo CE was so successful.

2.) Splitscreen: I think anyone would agree that splitscreen in Halo made it more enjoyable for a lot of players simply because you were able to play it side by side with a buddy, relative, gf/bf, your dog, cat, or whoever else without the need of an internet connection. Splitscreen to me is a pinnacle feature that should be included in every Halo. Have splitscreen for campaign, firefight, and multiplayer. Enough said.

3.) Multiplayer: In my honest opinion I feel 343 got Halo 5’s movement mechanics perfect. The faster gameplay also appeals to the younger audience who have pretty much grown up to playing games such as Battlefield/CoD despite what you might believe. So keep it like Halo 5’s but improve on some things that could be tweaked a bit more. Make Halo 6 not be so focused on how competitive it should be. It’s good Halo 5 had the competitive vibe to it and H6 should get the same treatment but don’t completely abandon non-competitive players. Have a healthy selection of social playlists and not have MMR be a factor in those playlists either.

4.) Playlists: This is a big one. Now I honestly don’t care about population numbers keeping a specific playlist healthy in the long run. What matters is having a solid playlist count on launch and once you have that, people will tend to stick with the game and play their preferred playlist keeping the population healthy early on. Halo 3 had the perfect system when organizing playlists. They had Ranked and they had Social. Halo 6 should use this exact system and would be set up like this;
Ranked- Team Arena, Team Slayer, FFA (6 man), SWAT, Doubles, Team Snipers
Social- Team Slayer, Team Objective, FFA (8 man), Infection, Fiesta, Action Sack, BTB, Grifball, Multi-Team
I think I got them all.

5.) Customization: I love the customization options Halo 5 had. The stances, visor colors, emblems, emblem colors, weapon skins, armor colors, etc. The one thing I don’t want in H6 are the vast amount of armor and helmet options. Sometimes less is more and if you had some of the most popular armors and helmets in each game but were able to customize each aspect of your spartan like your knee pads, arms, chest, legs, shoulders, head and be able to mix and match, it would honestly be the best customization since Reach. Oh, and be able to have the option of putting your emblem on your armor.

6.) Playable Elites: Come on now 343, a lot of players want them. might as well include them. With the same amount of customization options of that of Spartans.

7.) Theater: Have theater in every gamemode including campaign.

8.) The U.I.- The UI in H5 wasn’t my favorite. What I do believe though is that I felt Halo Reach’s UI was one of the best in the franchise and feel that Halo 6 should adopt it. Would also be cool if you had challenges you had to complete. You have Daily and Weekly and each one will give you set amount of RP and XP.

9.) Firefight: I absolutely loved ODST’s and Reach’s Firefight modes. The set amount of lives you had to take into account, the intensity when more and more enemies start spawning in with heavier arsenals, the skulls that activate each round, and the reduced amount of players you play with. 4 player firefight is better than 8 man. Sorry. If they had maps specifically made for Firefight instead of taking some from Warzone assault, this mode would already be 10x better. Have little objectives you need to complete on each map as well that feel like you’re accomplishing something in the lore of Halo instead of “Kill x amount of jackals” and so on. Oh, and have the Flood be an enemy on Flood themed firefight maps playing this song while fighting them on the last round in a set. Also make it so you can either play it locally in custom games with customization options w/ splitscreen or online.

10.) Warzone: Warzone was a great addition in H5. Keep it as it is but improve on some things that need to be addressed. Not sure how I feel about microtransactions though.

11.) Marketing: Have an amazing marketing plan. I feel Halo 5’s marketing could’ve been a lot better. Halo 3 had some of the best marketing to a game I have ever seen. They had commercials, billboards, slurpees, Mountain Dew gamefuel, Doritos, trailers playing in the movie theaters, toys, etc.
Halo 5 had it very close with the marketing but for me, it just wasn’t getting me all that hyped unlike how Halo 3 did. Take note 343.

12.) Custom Games: Have additional options from that of Halo 5’s and just improve, that is all.

13.) Forge: It’s absolutely essential to have Forge be ready on release. The lack of Forge from Halo 5’s release had me a little disappointed and I’m not even a forger. I couldn’t imagine how let down top forgers felt when they realized H5 wasn’t going to have Forge on release. When forge was finally available, it was amazing. Honestly the best Forge out of any Halo to date. I can’t wait to see what Forge will be like in H6.

So there, the top reasons I feel would help Halo 6 become one of the best Halo’s to date. Halo 5 is great game and I feel 343 can only improve upon what they have already set in motion. What do you guys think? Do you agree? Disagree? Share your thoughts.

I agree and I think an offline mode should also be considered because an online forge is not only pointless but problematic. Even if that is the only thing capable of going offline I would take it in a heartbeat!

> 2535435095884856;2:
> I agree and I think an offline mode should also be considered because an online forge is not only pointless but problematic. Even if that is the only thing capable of going offline I would take it in a heartbeat!

Yes I wholeheartedly agree.

You forgot two critical things: a better art style that doesn’t look like bright plastic, and a classic playlist for the no-sprinters out there

Agreed

> 2533274974748788;4:
> You forgot two critical things: a better art style that doesn’t look like bright plastic, and a classic playlist for the no-sprinters out there

Yeah a classic playlist would be a needed addition. I also agree the art style needs to be improved upon. Make it a bit grittier like Reach’s art style.