This is going too far!

A throwing knife??? really community???

This is Halo! not everything about CoD is bad, but this is taking it too far!

i think that people want there Call of Duty in our Halo…

You’re getting deeper by answering them, just ignore them.

no matter i have to agree. The thing is halo is changing to much. Instead of changing a lot, improve and change a little. thats what made halo 1,2,3 amazing games and halo reach had too many changes so it didnt do “AS” good as its predecessors. Cod does the same thing… it every new cod game they dont change dramatic factors like gameplay and online, and controls. They keep them the same and change some small things like some weapons and maps, but in the end every cod game is an advancement to the last, so people buy the next game because they know what to expect, the same thing from the last cod, but hopefully better. (im no cod fan, but i know why its so successful)

the OP times a million

Halo was, and still should be, a bare fps at its roots in which skill with a mouse (or now, gamepad) was what won games, not kids getting out of jammy situations with armour abilities and managing to kill you in situations that you would have clearly emerged victorious in any other, earlier iteration of Halo.

I remember back with Halo CE where the team DM and LAN parties were all fun, who was the best at the headshots, the sticks, etc…

Halo has always been about skill, it’s pretty much the console equivalent of unreal tournament and should stay that way, not just cater to the masses of children who come to it expecting a futuristic COD.

Bravo, OP

Call of Duty Futuristic Warfare hahahah

> A throwing knife??? really community???
>
> This is Halo! not everything about CoD is bad, but this is taking it too far!

I vomited in my mouth after reading this.

If these gimmicks are in Halo 4, count me out!

Yeh. You know what Halo 4 needs?

Hats and a Trading System…

Exactly.

The core of Halo is in no need for change. The only thing needed is to make Halo much more deeper than it has ever been before. Changing the core of Halo will completely wreck it and possibly drive away the people who fell in love with it because of its classical core.

I really hope 343 knows this, and recreates the Halo we all fell in love with 10 years ago, but adding competent elements, some that fits the Halo core.

Agree completely.

look I think 343 is smarter than what we try to make them. look they know what true halo fans want… hint: why do u think they made halo anniversary…plus Frankie is with 343 and i don’t think he is going to just let 343 change the whole aspect of Halo.

The community is really getting flooded with 12 year olds an CoD fanboys. Halo is Halo. Spartans are Spartans. We don’t need airstrikes, airstrikes need us! And in reality, (Halo reality, not modern day reality) a knife would bounce harmlessly off a fully sheilded and armored Spartan. I would rather throw rocks instead of knives…

> The community is really getting flooded with 12 year olds an CoD fanboys. Halo is Halo. Spartans are Spartans. We don’t need airstrikes, airstrikes need us! And in reality, (Halo reality, not modern day reality) a knife would bounce harmlessly off a fully sheilded and armored Spartan. I would rather throw rocks instead of knives…

Not saying I support throwing knives in Halo (it’s a very cool idea, but I don’t think it factors into Halo), but it could just be a Forerunner object that can pierce a Spartan’s armor. It doesn’t have to be human, and if we are fighting Precursors or whatever, then make it their weapon.

Basically, this community doesn’t know what’s best for the franchise.

Don’t take them seriously. 343i will NEVER add a throwing knife in Halo.

> You’re getting deeper by answering them, just ignore them.

Sometimes it’s good to notify things like this, so that people know were the line is drawn, because unfortunately some people can not use their own initiative and understand when enough is enough.

I highly doubt that they actually take these forums seriously . . .

> I highly doubt that they actually take these forums seriously . . .

The more dumb threads we see, the more likely they will stop paying attention to what we say, it’s really sad, because there’s people who give serious, and brilliant ideas, then you get people that come out with utter rubbish…

I mean really, I cannot believe some people actually want kill streaks in halo, that is one of the silliest idea’s ever.

As much as I enjoy playing CoD, I do not want my Halo to have anything from it in there. Throwing knives and kill streaks should stay in CoD. Don’t worry though, I think 343i is smart enough to realize that too.

And at everyone of you in this thread who can’t accept something just because it’s in CoD: how closeminded can you actually be? If you saw any further than your obvious hate towards CoD and had at least some knowledge of how the Halo gameplay works and what kind of impacts certain things would have on it, you could possibly even realize that the knife is one of the few gameplay mechanics from CoD that could actually have positive impact on gameplay.

And especially at JSA343: If you really assume I’m a twelve year old CoD fanboy, congratulations for coming up with the wrong answer. I hate CoD, but at least can objectively judge what would be good in Halo and what wouldn’t. Airstrikes would obviously strike down the whole concept of map control and end gameplay balance as we know it. They obviously would have such an impact on core gameplay that it wouldn’t be anywhere near what it once was.

But if we look at the throwing knife, properly balanced, it could be a very nice tool in hard situations. It wouldn’t be something that you can use excessively to get lots and lots of kills. It would be something you are only granted once per every death, you can’t get it back after throwing it. And reduced aim assist would guarantee that you won’t hit unless you have super accurate aim.

So I ask: if anyone has valid reasons why throwing knife shouldn’t be in Halo 4, could you be so nice and share it with me? I’d be happy to hear it.