This is getting really ridiculous

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I hop on the forums everyday when I’m bored and guess what, It’s the same damn threads and polls on being brought back. What I mainly see stupid topic such as “why this, Do they care, Fanbase”, blah blah blah. There is no proper topics anymore. Plus along side this is threads like “how many ____ do you have.” Come on! I want a real topic to talk about and speak for. For instance, For the past 5 days it’s the same threads over and over being brought back. Same ones over and over again.

Theses forums are falling apart in two major ways. Lets start with Monitors. Monitors are here to stop and control threads from getting out of hand. This is a great idea and all but this also means you must take responsibility for bans. When you ban someone you must give a reasons(s), what their banned for and how long. Bans are supposed to be a punishment for disrupting the peace in the forms. For personal example, I was banned and he gave me 2/3. That is a lack of responsibility and leadership. He said that “there were too many to count.” This is really really ridiculous especially if you were given this job. If you were in construction and were ordering planks of wood, you don’t say “too many to count” or “a lot”. You give a shipment order for the type of wood and approximate amount. This said, if you are given a task you do it right, no -Yoink- jobs. along with the ban I went to all of my so called “non constructive posts” I respond with a legitimate post. Every single one was unique. This said, It’s not spam, and shouldn’t be said as such(saying that make your own definition is really dumb).

Second, Halo is a business and with that said, they get paid to make this for you. They don’t have to meet your requirements, you’re on their schedule. Word of advice, If you don’t like how it’s going that just leave halo ,and go to a different game. If you care about halo and what it’s becoming that you can stay, but don’t rant because they will just read and forget because it’s a business. Just another buck in the bucket. All these rants don’t back themselves up, very poor structure, therefore they won’t take you seriously.

Whether you love the game or not you’re still a customer to the parent company of 343i, Microsoft. So if you dearly care about the game as much as you say you do then give a argument with a claim along with evidence to support your claim. Then maybe they will take us seriously and will listen you.
Note: This is my perspective and speak form my view

You are talking about monitors decisions. That’s against the rules.

You would never be a good dev with the mindset your just said. 343 can continue on with the “-Yoink- our fanbase” mentality, I’ll watch as the franchise CONTINUES to decline by the millions. It’s called fan service dude, something that needs to be respected.

> 2535409489305717;2:
> You are talking about monitors decisions. That’s against the rules.

Always room for improvement, yeah? Plus I do agree that I was getting out of hand, I just think there was a lack of effort

> 2533274923562209;3:
> You would never be a good dev with the mindset your just said. 343 can continue on with the “-Yoink- our fanbase” mentality, I’ll watch as the franchise CONTINUES to decline by the millions. It’s called fan service dude, something that needs to be respected.

Again it’s a business. They make money. They don’t have to give you anything. They give you want you want partially to keep you with them, very basic concept. Plus no one owes the fan base anything. You want respect from 343? Have fun dreaming. Open your eyes to the truth not the fantasy

> 2533274949377255;1:
> I hope on the forums everyday when I’m bored and guess what, It’s the same damn threads and polls on being brought back. What I mainly see stupid topic such as “why this, Do they care, Fanbase”, blah blah blah. There is no proper topics anymore. Plus along side this is threads like “how many ____ do you have.” Come on! I want a real topic to talk about and speak for. For instance, For the past 5 days it’s the same threads over and over being brought back. Same ones over and over again.
>
> Theses forums are falling apart in two major ways. Lets start with Monitors. Monitors are here to stop and control threads from getting out of hand. This is a great idea and all but this also means you must take responsibility for bans. When you ban someone you must give a reasons(s), what their banned for and how long. Bans are supposed to be a punishment for disrupting the peace in the forms. For personal example, I was banned and he gave me 2/3. That is a lack of responsibility and leadership. He said that “there were too many to count.” This is really really ridiculous especially if you were given this job. If you were in construction and were ordering planks of wood, you don’t say “too many to count” or “a lot”. You give a shipment order for the type of wood and approximate amount. This said, if you are given a task you do it right, no -Yoink- jobs. along with the ban I went to all of my so called “non constructive posts” I respond with a legitimate post. Every single one was unique. This said, It’s not spam, and shouldn’t be said as such(saying that make your own definition is really dumb).
>
> Second, Halo is a business and with that said, they get paid to make this for you. They don’t have to meet your requirements, you’re on their schedule. Word of advice, If you don’t like how it’s going that just leave halo ,and go to a different game. If you care about halo and what it’s becoming that you can stay, but don’t rant because they will just read and forget because it’s a business. Just another buck in the bucket. All these rants don’t back themselves up, very poor structure, therefore they won’t take you seriously.
>
> Whether you love the game or not you’re still a customer to the parent company of 343i, Microsoft. So if you dearly care about the game as much as you say you do then give a argument with a claim along with evidence to support your claim. Then maybe they will take us seriously and will listen you.

I have seen pretty much the same thing. The same threads over and over. It just further confirms what I have noticed. Players are and have moved on to other games. BF1 to be frank is awesome. It’s big team experience blows away Warzone. I have cut back playing Halo to maybe 3 or 4 matches per week, which is basically one hour per week. Player count has dropped. It won’t be returning it will only get worse from here. I love Halo, I have enjoyed H5. However, it has lacked long lasting appeal in BTB and Warzone. I highly doubt I will ever play Warzone again in H5 or in later versions in H6 and beyond. They will have to make major changes to Warzone for me to ever play it again. Giving me a req pack of CE pistols is not going to cut it. Heck I’m not even sure I will buy H6 if it has spartan charge as one of the abilities. I have grown to despise Spartan charge and despise Warzone in its current form. It should be pretty obvious by now I’m not alone in feeling this way.

Im glad this dude aint part of 343 haha id def leave the game then

> 2533274949377255;5:
> > 2533274923562209;3:
> > You would never be a good dev with the mindset your just said. 343 can continue on with the “-Yoink- our fanbase” mentality, I’ll watch as the franchise CONTINUES to decline by the millions. It’s called fan service dude, something that needs to be respected.
>
> Again it’s a business. They make money. They don’t have to give you anything. They give you want you want partially to keep you with them, very basic concept. Plus no one owes the fan base anything. You want respect from 343? Have fun dreaming.

Of course they’re a business, you act like people don’t know that however being a GOOD business also requires good fanservice and a quality product. Something 343 clearly fails at being how they’ve lost 7+million consumers throughout the years. Know why bungie did so great until halo reach? They continuously progressed game by game, held community events, played with their fans, and didn’t rip people off. What does 343 do tho? Launch a broken mcc with the promise to play it “like it was before” that still sits broke to this day even after their “promise” to fix it. That’s some high quality fan service right there buddy. Let’s look at h4 shall we? Decent campaign, but changed way to much on the multiplayer side and continued on what reach did bad on, so they ignored fan feedback to make the game better and kept to their own vision. Then we have h5. The first bad campaign in my eyes, a multiplayer while still better than h4 still continues on the bad of previous games once again showing they don’t listen to fan feedback to improve their game, it also has the lowest sales of the franchise main line games which just shows they’re really not trying and people are getting pissed off and leaving. Should I go on? Bad dedicated servers not friendly to foreign players, the change in the aiming that worked perfectly fine every previous game, delay of btb and forge, still missing game modes, and RNG armor system, no split screen. Most of these weren’t issues when a competent bungie was around lol, why can’t 343? they’re a bigger studio than bungie was, they also have better tech and more funds.

Thing is you dont have the right to tell people how to spend their money on what used to be a quality franchise (one of the best too) and then not complain and bring up the issues when it wasn’t a quality product that they were accustomed to receiving.

> 2533274923562209;8:
> > 2533274949377255;5:
> > > 2533274923562209;3:
> > > You would never be a good dev with the mindset your just said. 343 can continue on with the “-Yoink- our fanbase” mentality, I’ll watch as the franchise CONTINUES to decline by the millions. It’s called fan service dude, something that needs to be respected.
> >
> > Again it’s a business. They make money. They don’t have to give you anything. They give you want you want partially to keep you with them, very basic concept. Plus no one owes the fan base anything. You want respect from 343? Have fun dreaming.
>
> Of course they’re a business, you act like people don’t know that however being a GOOD business also requires good fanservice and a quality product. Something 343 clearly fails at being how they’ve lost 7+million consumers throughout the years. Know why bungie did so great until halo reach? They continuously progressed game by game, held community events, played with their fans, and didn’t rip people off. What does 343 do tho? Launch a broken mcc with the promise to play it “like it was before” that still sits broke to this day even after their “promise” to fix it. That’s some high quality fan service right there buddy. Let’s look at h4 shall we? Decent campaign, but changed way to much on the multiplayer side and continued on what reach did bad on, so they ignored fan feedback to make the game better and kept to their own vision. Then we have h5. The first bad campaign in my eyes, a multiplayer while still better than h4 still continues on the bad of previous games once again showing they don’t listen to fan feedback to improve their game, it also has the lowest sales of the franchise main line games which just shows they’re really not trying and people are getting pissed off and leaving. Should I go on? Bad dedicated servers not friendly to foreign players, the change in the aiming that worked perfectly fine every previous game, delay of btb and forge, still missing game modes, and RNG armor system, no split screen. Most of these weren’t issues when a competent bungie was around lol, why can’t 343? they’re a bigger studio than bungie was, they also have better tech and more funds.
>
> Thing is you dont have the right to tell people how to spend their money on what used to be a quality franchise (one of the best too) and then not complain and bring up the issues when it wasn’t a quality product that they were accustomed to receiving.

Thank for proving my point about how they give you a partial product. But I think your misconceiving my point of view sir lol Reread please

> 2533274949377255;9:
> > 2533274923562209;8:
> > > 2533274949377255;5:
> > > > 2533274923562209;3:
> > > > You would never be a good dev with the mindset your just said. 343 can continue on with the “-Yoink- our fanbase” mentality, I’ll watch as the franchise CONTINUES to decline by the millions. It’s called fan service dude, something that needs to be respected.
> > >
> > > Again it’s a business. They make money. They don’t have to give you anything. They give you want you want partially to keep you with them, very basic concept. Plus no one owes the fan base anything. You want respect from 343? Have fun dreaming.
> >
> > Of course they’re a business, you act like people don’t know that however being a GOOD business also requires good fanservice and a quality product. Something 343 clearly fails at being how they’ve lost 7+million consumers throughout the years. Know why bungie did so great until halo reach? They continuously progressed game by game, held community events, played with their fans, and didn’t rip people off. What does 343 do tho? Launch a broken mcc with the promise to play it “like it was before” that still sits broke to this day even after their “promise” to fix it. That’s some high quality fan service right there buddy. Let’s look at h4 shall we? Decent campaign, but changed way to much on the multiplayer side and continued on what reach did bad on, so they ignored fan feedback to make the game better and kept to their own vision. Then we have h5. The first bad campaign in my eyes, a multiplayer while still better than h4 still continues on the bad of previous games once again showing they don’t listen to fan feedback to improve their game, it also has the lowest sales of the franchise main line games which just shows they’re really not trying and people are getting pissed off and leaving. Should I go on? Bad dedicated servers not friendly to foreign players, the change in the aiming that worked perfectly fine every previous game, delay of btb and forge, still missing game modes, and RNG armor system, no split screen. Most of these weren’t issues when a competent bungie was around lol, why can’t 343? they’re a bigger studio than bungie was, they also have better tech and more funds.
> >
> > Thing is you dont have the right to tell people how to spend their money on what used to be a quality franchise (one of the best too) and then not complain and bring up the issues when it wasn’t a quality product that they were accustomed to receiving.
>
> Thank for proving my point about how they give you a partial product. But I think your misconceiving my point of view sir lol Reread please

I haven’t proven any of your points, matter of fact you tell lies. How are they giving just enough to get people to come back if they’re losing millions in the process? That’s totally getting people to come back! I’m so amazed! /s

i could give you pages upon pages on the matter. 343 do some things that are good, but so much bad that just outweighs the good while continuously losing players. This game sells on name alone and not the actual product being delivered. it’s funny you just see people as being entitled and that 343 should continue bending people over the table.

> 2533274949377255;5:
> > 2533274923562209;3:
> > You would never be a good dev with the mindset your just said. 343 can continue on with the “-Yoink- our fanbase” mentality, I’ll watch as the franchise CONTINUES to decline by the millions. It’s called fan service dude, something that needs to be respected.
>
> Again it’s a business. They make money. They don’t have to give you anything. They give you want you want partially to keep you with them, very basic concept. Plus no one owes the fan base anything. You want respect from 343? Have fun dreaming. Open your eyes to the truth not the fantasy

While I agree that 343i/ Microsoft is a business, and a lot of fans do give way too much crud to them, I kind of agree with UEG ShadowAngel. You’re right that 343 doesn’t have to give us anything, but that would be a mistake on their part. It’s better for business for them to listen to their consumers and find out what they want, rather than just throw a game out there from left field just because they felt like it.

Since so many people were critical of Halo 4, and MCC, I think 343 tried a more conservative approach with H5 by releasing content slowly and seeing what consumers liked and wanted. The playlists at launch were limited, but the model was very similar to what Bungie did with Destiny. They had a few core gametypes and have been adding to the list slowly. Now we have a ton of game types that weren’t available at launch. We also now have the best Forge that any console game has ever had.

There is still plenty that could have been added in my opinion, but I’m not a developer and I don’t know what goes into all of that stuff. They have to worry about keeping the original fanbase pleased with their product, as well as bring in new consumers. That means that 343’s Halo is also competing with other FPS games like Destiny, Titanfall, CoD, and Battlefield to name a few. It’s a competitive business, but as part of business it is a mistake to ignore your consumer. That’s how titles like CoD start to die.

Of course this is all just my opinion. Sorry to hear you had a rough go with one of the Monitors. I’ve been banned once, but I sent a message asking why and the monitor I spoke with was very forthcoming and honest. I totally understood. So I would hope that you would not condemn all of the monitors because you had a bad experience with one.

The monitors do a great job.

I have no idea what your talking about with regards to that, I’ve been banned twice and I know exactly why I got banned.

I did multiple things wrong and the montior told me what I did kinda. They did not mention every point, however, if you do something wrong, don’t pretend you don’t know why you’ve been banned.

You know why, and the monitors aren’t the police. they work for free and should not have to go through every single thing you did wrong.

I’ve followed the rules since and had no issues.

Your point about people complaing, I feel myself people complain over stupid things, however, 34es job is to sale games. So if people are complaing , if 343 fixes the issue, this in turn down the line leads to better sales anyway.

Lol this isn’t Hello games, this is the company that made xbox what it is today. So if your honesty this angry about this topic (don’t get me wrong I hate when people complain over nothing) maybe instead of telling people not to play the games, you should not vist the forums.

Just my opinion though

Honestly, I think the forums are fine for now. And, I think the monitors are doing a great job and are always on it when something bad is happening. Also, what you’re saying is against the rules.

inb4lock

> Theses forums are falling apart in two major ways. Lets start with Monitors. Monitors are here to stop and control threads from getting out of hand. This is a great idea and all but this also means you must take responsibility for bans. When you ban someone you must give a reasons(s), what their banned for and how long.

But they already do that. They provide a statement as to why you were banned in a message, a link to the post that got you the ban, and your profile page is marked with a banner stating the reason for the ban as well as the duration.

And if you want a count of offenses, I can go through your post history and count.

EDIT: I counted 46 offenses. Mostly bumping and not contributing to the discussion.