This is excactly the music I was expecting.

“We needed a music Composer who can bring a mixture of Digital and Organic.” -Sotaro Tojima

Yes. This is perfect. The slight digital sounds bring out the immense danger, while the orchestral sounds bring out adventure and fear.

finally someone with an understanding of how music works is speaking on these forums most people complain about the digital aspect but it has always been in halo from what i have heard i give it four elite thumbs up…

That sounds awesome. I really hope halo 4’s soundtrack will stick in my head like the songs from the other games have… except reach, if there’s something I will say I was truly disappointed about reach it was the music. There just weren’t any songs that truly stuck with me like music from the other games did.

> finally someone with an understanding of how music works is speaking on these forums most people complain about the digital aspect but it has always been in halo from what i have heard i give it four elite thumbs up…

I totally agree.

And from someone who is heavily into the EDM (Electronic Dance Music) genre, trust me. it’s not Dubstep, not Drum and Bass, not anything ridiculous. This is a unique assortment of instruments, mixing old music with new.

> That sounds awesome. I really hope halo 4’s soundtrack will stick in my head like the songs from the other games have… except reach, if there’s something I will say I was truly disappointed about reach it was the music. There just weren’t any songs that truly stuck with me like music from the other games did.

Same. The only song I loved in Reach (which wasn’t even in the game) was the remix of Uphill, Both Ways in the Multiplayer Beta trailer.

I would like a more darker feel to the music. Like if you are getting closer to a corridor with bad aliens the music would get louder and louder till you get to the point.

As long as they have orchestral at the right points and digital at the right point then all’s good. Halo 3 had an amazing soundtrack, very evocative and highlights Halo in my mind. Here’s hoping :slight_smile:

> I would like a more darker feel to the music. Like if you are getting closer to a corridor with bad aliens the music would get louder and louder till you get to the point.

I imagine the first song taking place something like this:

You approach a large, energy-emanating structure, built out of the ground with magnificent awe. As you reach the monument, the music starts to fade in. You look around. Behind you, 2 Forerunners approach. As you start to run, they shoot, knocking you to the ground. You know you’re screwed. Suddenly, a voice speaks to Master Chief in his head; a geas. “You know what to do.”

yeah i think 343 has the music covered for halo 4! lets hope that other things in the audio is taken care of such as the cast of voice actors! Steve downes is playing master chief but we still do not know who is playing cortana! im having my fingers crossed that jen taylor will be recasted to play cortana again.

I am ridiculously excited to hear the whole soundtrack. Massive Attack had such a dark and cinematic edge once Neil started work with them, and hopefully he brings a melodic electronic edge to the Halo 4 soundtrack. Can’t wait!

As a classical musician I’ve always had trouble finding music that I liked outside the Erudite and Jazz music universes. Massive Attack, though, has always fascinated me because of its obsessively rich and experimental sound. It surely is one of the few bands (not erudite or jazz) I really, really like.

The ViDoc surely surprised me and now I know Halo 4 will be incredible sound-wise.
Just check the end of the ViDoc: that last, excruciating chord that builds for 10 whole seconds and then DOES NOT resolve to a glorious, depressurizing D Major chord.

Very nice move on hiring Davidge, 343. Very nice move indeed.

Check it out folks!

Looks like we get to listen to the tracks by themselves. Woo!

I agree it sounds great. It gives off an epic feel. I like how they are using some kind of digitize music elements for the soundtrack. Kinda goes with this new high tech enemy and world we will be encountering.

> I agree it sounds great. It gives off an epic feel. I like how they are using some kind of digitize music elements for the soundtrack. Kinda goes with this new high tech enemy and world we will be encountering.

I always listen to Electronic music while playing Halo. It fits well - too well. I was wondering why they hadn’t done it sooner.

Now, it’s the best of both worlds for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

This was quite unexpected for me, though I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited after hearing more of Neil Davidge’s work. The music with Halo 4 seems to be more of something you’d hear in a movie rather than a video game, which is a direction the Mass Effect 3 score seemed to take, and it worked really well for them, so it should be great here as well.

I like how we can listen to the music and immediately tell that it isn’t Marty’s work, yet is still recognizable as Halo. I look forward to hear more of his music blasting in my ears as I play through the campaign this Holiday season!

yes this music sounds great

OOOO!! I am listening to the sample this is what I wanted! Better than Reach THANK GOD!