This is DISGUSTING!

The ammount of lag for people who are not specifically from the United States is disgusting. All I do is forge these days because every single game has a latency of between .8 - 1.5 of a second.

I played a total of 15 matchmaking games today. Rage quitted from about 7 of them because JIP would halt the game about 3 or 4 times in a row and give the host to someone in mexico using dial up. and the rest I had to be happy with my grenades coming out half a second later when I hit the left bumper. Its ridiculous, im sick of it, why is every game ridiculously laggy and I can only have 1 in every 20 games lag free? My connection is perfect so it is NOT that :@ And its during the day here in Australia. I’m so over it seriously, I love halo with all my heart but this is unplayable. I never had as much problems in reach as I am having now.

I only lag once every 15 - 20 games and i live in New Zealand.

> I only lag once every 15 - 20 games and i live in New Zealand.

well then you dont know what lag is then. It is harder to tell lag in this game because everything is less sharp so you cant tell from a medium distance if youve hit a person or not so you dont know how long it takes for the damage to register. When i first started plaing halo 4 I thought I was terrible because every game i would go negative, then i realised it was because of lag when I really payed attention.

sure is angry in here…

sure its not you? run a test real quick just in case.

As much as I love halo 4, your right. the lag in this halo vs halo reach is a lot worse. I hope with halo 5 they adjust the servers. I get the same exact lag as you do with bullets.

> As much as I love halo 4, your right. the lag in this halo vs halo reach is a lot worse. <mark>I hope with halo 5 they adjust the servers</mark>. I get the same exact lag as you do with bullets.

There are no servers for matchmaking games. Instead, the game chooses a console to act as a server. Microsoft nor 343i can make adjustments to owned consoles.

> > As much as I love halo 4, your right. the lag in this halo vs halo reach is a lot worse. <mark>I hope with halo 5 they adjust the servers</mark>. I get the same exact lag as you do with bullets.
>
> There are no servers for matchmaking games.

correct its p2p

I would say 1 in 10 games I have lag problems.

> > > As much as I love halo 4, your right. the lag in this halo vs halo reach is a lot worse. <mark>I hope with halo 5 they adjust the servers</mark>. I get the same exact lag as you do with bullets.
> >
> > There are no servers for matchmaking games.
>
> correct its p2p

then they should let us have a good connection search thingo like was in reach!! that helped me and my friends out so much!

whoops my bad :-p. Still I think they need to do something. I love the game, it’s just that the lag can get really annoying.

Dedicated servers would be the best solution, but apparently the multibillion-dollar company called Microsoft can’t afford them.

> Dedicated servers would be the best solution, but apparently the multibillion-dollar company called Microsoft can’t afford them.

If they had dedicated servers that would be insane. I’d be on halo all day lol.

but alas dedicated servers are a pipe dream that will neve come to fruition due to 343’s clear refusal to listen to the communities thoughts or opinions.

That’d be nice to have some dedicated servers, hopefully “Macrosoft” or 343i will get us some dedicated servers…of good-high quality…will it happen…hopefully

Lag is still a problem here in the US. About every 1 of 3 games is laggy for me. I also have a great internet connection so it should not happen, but it does.

I also get a lot of black screen host migrations and the game will go into the toliet lagging afterwards. It’s partially the p2p and the rest is the abysmal netcode for H4.

“I only lag once every 15 - 20 games and i live in New Zealand”.

Your experience is the rarer and more pleasant one. Enjoy it, but don’t give 343 the impression their system works well, because it doesn’t.

> Lag is still a problem here in the US. About every 1 of 3 games is laggy for me. I also have a great internet connection so it should not happen, but it does.
>
> I also get a lot of black screen host migrations and the game will go into the toliet lagging afterwards. It’s partially the p2p and <mark>the rest is the abysmal netcode for H4</mark>.

This

Just read another thread created by the OP and I would just like to point out that latency issues were nowhere near this bad in Halo 3.

Sorry bro :slight_smile:

I’m from New Zealand and I notice the lag big time. For me, there’s about a 1/2 to 3/4 of a sec delay between killing someone and getting points for the kill. I can get 5 head shots in a row and I’ve been killed after that 5th shot before.

I also have noticed that I can get killed as I’m moving behind cover, leading me to believe that where I am on my screen is slightly different to where others see me. It’s not much, and I can still play, but it’s like a skill cap that is out of my hands, which really makes me mad sometimes. Anyways my 2c pz.

they gave gow3 dedicated servers but they can’t give it to halo?