This is a serious question

I already own Halo CE, play through it occasionally, and find it perfect just the way it is.

Should I blow $40 on CEA with the economy the way it is? Or should I pay my rent instead?

Pay your rent and buy it another time.

Don’t compare Halo: CE with Halo CE:A. They are the same campaign, but have different features. If you want to be able to play CO-OP over XBox Live, or play in the extra 7 maps, then yeah, buy it.

Also, don’t compare gaming with life. I normally say don’t ask a stupid question, but c’mon.

EDIT: And also, where the hell do you rent? I want to pay $40 a month. o.O

duh, rent is more than $40 dollars

What new features? Also, I don’t play Reach, so the maps are useless.

Im not the kind of guy to blow money on just anything especially on something I already own, however halo was a great part of my childhood. now its coming out again with updated graphics new maps, achievments, terminals and other secrets their not yet telling us, so yeah as a halo fan I will gladly blow away 40 bucks.

If $40.00 is the difference between paying your rent or buying a video game then you do not have your priorities lined up. If you can’t afford full price, wait a couple of weeks and you’ll surely find it used.

Well…

1: better graphics

2: Terminals are being added for 343 guilty spark story

3: Skull are added as well

4 : You get 7 new maps for Reach multiplayer. (I guess that dousnt matter for you.)
5: online 2 player Co-op

If it has AAs, don’t waist your money. But if it doesn’t, get it.

EDIT: You could always return it for a full refund if it turns out to be sucky.

$40 affects whether you could pay your rent? I think you have bigger worries than HCEA.

> If it has AAs, don’t waist your money. But if it doesn’t, get it.

What are talking about?
The anniversery is all orignial gameplay.
The multiplayer is on reach so it will have AAs

> duh, rent is more than $40 dollars
>
> What new features? Also, I don’t play Reach, so the maps are useless.

Halo CE:A has a new little… eh, I wanna say gimmick called Grunt Funeral. Where when you kill a grunt, that grunt explodes like a plasma grenade. Capable of causing massive explosion reactions.

Also, they have added terminals where, I believe Guilty Spark tells a story about the forerunners. Looking forward to that, myself.

Matchmaking wise, it has the same Reach matchmaking, but it will be including the TU for those that don’t have Reach. Such as yourself. It will also include maps from Halo 1 and 2 (I think). They hinted something about matchmaking being more classic. Still to be seen.

As time progresses, there will be more information given to us, but this is as far as I know of.

if 40 dollars is really gonna make you go broke, then no.

Oh, the Economy… Pay rent, then buy it if you want. But seriously, do what makes you happy; tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.

> > If it has AAs, don’t waist your money. But if it doesn’t, get it.
>
> What are talking about?
> The anniversery is all orignial gameplay.
> The multiplayer is on reach so it will have AAs

I know that, but if 343i happens to pull a bungie that’s what he should do.

> > > If it has AAs, don’t waist your money. But if it doesn’t, get it.
> >
> > What are talking about?
> > The anniversery is all orignial gameplay.
> > The multiplayer is on reach so it will have AAs
>
> I know that, but if 343i happens to pull a bungie that’s what he should do.

Bungie didnt pull anything, they made the game how THEY wanted to.
343 already said everythings original. Campaign play wise beside the added gimicks and graphics. I dont know where your going with this?

C’mon its 40 doll hairs, you will enjoy it guaranted :smiley:

> > > > If it has AAs, don’t waist your money. But if it doesn’t, get it.
> > >
> > > What are talking about?
> > > The anniversery is all orignial gameplay.
> > > The multiplayer is on reach so it will have AAs
> >
> > I know that, but if 343i happens to pull a bungie that’s what he should do.
>
> Bungie didnt pull anything, they made the game how THEY wanted to.
> 343 already said everythings original. Campaign play wise beside the added gimicks and graphics. I dont know where your going with this?

He’s only skeptical about it all.

But you’re right, campaign’s coding is all the same. All they did was added the little function where you can switch the graphics back and forth while in game. Grunt Funeral skull doesn’t affect AI.

I personally can’t wait to play and explore the updated graphics with my friends online. Nostalgia, here I come. :slight_smile:

the moment you neglect your real life responsiblities for a game then thats the moment you have an addiction, pay your rent and get the game when you can. Gaming is a Hobby and should be treated as such.

> Im not the kind of guy to blow money on just anything especially on something I already own, however halo was a great part of my childhood. now its coming out again with updated graphics new maps, achievments, terminals and other secrets their not yet telling us, so yeah as a halo fan I will gladly blow away 40 bucks.

This. Nostalgia is my drug. I’m 19 and having a hard time accepting growing up. Any game company that will update a game from my childhood with better graphics will have my money. But on topic, there is obviously the new and updated graphics, terminals, skulls, co-op of LIVE, and plenty of other new features that haven’t even been announced yet.

im pretty sure they said something about playing MP on the CEA disk, not 100% on that but would be an incentive… but buy if you want and if you can, dont let it affect your life in that big of a way, considering if you cant pay your rent.

Buy the game. Who needs a house anyway? We Canadians up north sure don’t. We live in igloos year round, rent free, and we still manage to play Halo on our wall-mounted widescreen TVs, with Xbox LIVE too. We just stick an antenna on the top of our igloos and have at her. Once you’ve played Halo in an igloo, you never go back…