This is a new era of Halo

Just saying you see other old games change and evolve. Look at Mario for instance, Look at Super Mario bros and Mario galaxy 2. You can see that Mario began to evolve after its first game. After 4 games of slowly changing Mario finally went 3d in Mario 64. It was a good change for the series. Mario began to build of its new changes but still retaining that Mario feel that made Mario, Mario. So why can’t Halo move forward? Just saying these changes were bound to happen, plus Halo has always been changing ever since Halo:CE’s release. Its what keeps the game fresh, Halo 4 is still Halo but this is a new era of Halo…

If only Frank wasn’t lying to our face that it still feels like Classic Halo, right?

When things become static they are dead.

Hmmmm

> If only Frank wasn’t lying to our face that it still feels like Classic Halo, right?

Well, considering he never said that it felt like classic Halo, no, he wasn’t lying.

> > If only Frank wasn’t lying to our face that it still feels like Classic Halo, right?
>
> Well, considering he never said that it felt like classic Halo, no, he wasn’t lying.

Hmmm kinda true

The dawn of a new age is upon us, greet the new day!

> > If only Frank wasn’t lying to our face that it still feels like Classic Halo, right?
>
> Well, considering he never said that it felt like classic Halo, no, he wasn’t lying.

Very, very true. I can’t speak for others, but I would never say Halo 2 or 3 felt like Halo 1. They all feel like Halo, but all have key changes that make each experience different.

> The dawn of a new age is upon us, greet the new day!

I’d have to say if anything Reach was the beginning of this new era of halo. That’s were most of the changes that we’re building off of in this new game came from.

> I’d have to say if anything Reach was the beginning of this new era of halo. That’s were most of the changes that we’re building off of in this new game came from.

Not really. The onlything Halo Reach really added were loadouts and AAs.

Visible Health and Health packs? Halo 1.
Movement speed? Halo 2.
Jump Height? Halo 1.
Fall Damage? Halo 1
Single Wielding? Halo 1.

Even AAs were an evolution the the equipment that was introduced in Halo 3.

> I’d have to say if anything Reach was the beginning of this new era of halo. That’s were most of the changes that we’re building off of in this new game came from.

I agree

> If only Frank wasn’t lying to our face that it still feels like Classic Halo, right?

> Just saying you see other old games change and evolve. Look at Mario for instance, Look at Super Mario bros and Mario galaxy 2. You can see that Mario began to evolve after its first game. After 4 games of slowly changing Mario finally went 3d in Mario 64. It was a good change for the series. Mario began to build of its new changes but still retaining that Mario feel that made Mario, Mario. So why can’t Halo move forward? Just saying these changes were bound to happen, plus Halo has always been changing ever since Halo:CE’s release. Its what keeps the game fresh, Halo 4 is still Halo but this is a new era of Halo…

Good example. But with those changes came influx changes that altered how people could play certain things. Many of this forum do not enjoy or even like the concept of AA’s or Bloom in any game they play. But further, they don’t like having objects thrown into the games like they were in Reach. I’m all for innovation, but there is such a thing as too much during X timeframe and Reach accomplished that. I myself have admitted I threw out what I learned from Halo 2 and 3 (excluding reflex shifting from one target to another at variational ranges) because I noticed the changes were closer to CE. Having never stopped playing LAN every week or every other week with friends, it wasn’t that difficult to transition the changes and I found a lot of success where others were baffled. Either way, I do agree with you. Halo will be Halo without a doubt…

> > Just saying you see other old games change and evolve. Look at Mario for instance, Look at Super Mario bros and Mario galaxy 2. You can see that Mario began to evolve after its first game. After 4 games of slowly changing Mario finally went 3d in Mario 64. It was a good change for the series. Mario began to build of its new changes but still retaining that Mario feel that made Mario, Mario. So why can’t Halo move forward? Just saying these changes were bound to happen, plus Halo has always been changing ever since Halo:CE’s release. Its what keeps the game fresh, Halo 4 is still Halo but this is a new era of Halo…
>
> Good example. But with those changes came influx changes that altered how people could play certain things. Many of this forum do not enjoy or even like the concept of AA’s or Bloom in any game they play. But further, they don’t like having objects thrown into the games like they were in Reach. I’m all for innovation, but there is such a thing as too much during X timeframe and Reach accomplished that. I myself have admitted I threw out what I learned from Halo 2 and 3 (excluding reflex shifting from one target to another at variational ranges) because I noticed the changes were closer to CE. Having never stopped playing LAN every week or every other week with friends, it wasn’t that difficult to transition the changes and I found a lot of success where others were baffled. Either way, I do agree with you. Halo will be Halo without a doubt…

Thanks and completely agree with your response, I did feel the same way with reach also.

You seem to know that it doesn’t feel like Classic Halo at all. So, since you’ve played the game, how do these “perks” or “loadouts” work?

> Just saying you see other old games change and evolve. Look at Mario for instance, Look at Super Mario bros and Mario galaxy 2. You can see that Mario began to evolve after its first game. After 4 games of slowly changing Mario finally went 3d in Mario 64. It was a good change for the series. Mario began to build of its new changes but still retaining that Mario feel that made Mario, Mario. So why can’t Halo move forward? Just saying these changes were bound to happen, plus Halo has always been changing ever since Halo:CE’s release. Its what keeps the game fresh, Halo 4 is still Halo but this is a new era of Halo…

Amen brother!!!

One word…Playlists

You’ll most likely see every manner of game settings, type and playlist to cater for everyone. Frankly so many posters ignore such simple concepts.

Classic, MLG, new Halo 4 gameplay etc are all likely to have wildly different implementations of the game settings. Some with AA’s, some without, different spawns, loadouts, no loadouts etc.

Please everyone stop complainer about “one type” of Halo. There is no such thing the game engine now caters for many types of games and settings.

Further, not only was Mario64 a ground and genre breaking move but continues to be regarded as a pinnacle of innovation and execution for many games after it to follow.

*Insert generic forum comment about waiting till you play the game before you judge because i am obviously full of originality.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say, this is probably all just Activision propaganda, i won’t listen to a word of it until 343i announces it themselves. Somehow, i dont believe these so called “new features”. I think people have taken names that 343i have hinted at (by purchasing the domain names for spartan ops) and just labeled them. The fact that 343i haven’t jumped in and responded may be an indicator that they are loling about the propaganda and are letting the fans rant and rave before coming in to save the day. At the same time, this could all be true and they might have dropped dead from a sudden panic attack when their planned unravel went awry… along with their community.