This is 343's second game

I was one of the people who critizied 343, then it dawned on me, Halo 5 is 343’s Second Game that is a fps. 343 was thrown to the dogs, by competing with COD, a shooter that has the formula down. Unlike bungie, 343 didn’t have any games before entering Halo, Bungie had 3. So they had to experiment with the franchise because they needed to keep the series fresh. They don’t know the formula yet, but they might in Halo 6.

So? 343I is a team made up of people who have already worked on several games. Since someone else already laid the foundation for them that’s even less of an excuse.

The foundation on an older console that didn’t transfer over. It had to be made from scratch

Quite the Frankenstein-ian company with quite the task. Nevertheless, we as fans should expect the best product possible.

Why did you make this post and comment the same thing in a thread?

I’ll say the same thing I said in the thread; this doesn’t matter, it doesn’t change the quality of the game.

> 2533274847880910;3:
> The foundation on an older console that didn’t transfer over. It had to be made from scratch

That’s not my point. My point is the universe, gameplay mechanics, gamemode ideas, story, etc. already exist as a point of reference. They don’t have to make a brand new IP from scratch and hope it sells, they already have someone else’s work to draw ideas from.

> 2533274819302824;2:
> So? 343I is a team made up of people who have already worked on several games. Since someone else already laid the foundation for them that’s even less of an excuse.

Yes, but on halo games, No. It’s different for a new company to take the reins of an older company. It’s like inheriting a business, the person that just got it doesn’t know how to run it the way his predecessor did.

> 2535454723805219;7:
> > 2533274819302824;2:
> > So? 343I is a team made up of people who have already worked on several games. Since someone else already laid the foundation for them that’s even less of an excuse.
>
>
> Yes, but on halo games, No. It’s different for a new company to take the reins of an older company. It’s like inheriting a business, the person that just got it doesn’t know how to run it the way his predecessor did.

Nope, on halo games. 343 people worked on reach.

They only handled some of the post-launch support and maps in Reach, though Certain Affinity created the maps. Same deal with CEA, Saber did the campaign and CA did the maps.

343 has worked on reach with bungie (bungie showed 343 a little since they’d be taking over mid way through), halo CEA, h4, halo mcc, and Spartans strike, and whatever the hell the other stuff is that corella tea to Spartan strike. They’ve had the years to learn, they’ve had the years for feedback on most of the game, plus like one has already said, they could also go off of Bungies work (although that doesn’t mean they have a foundation as new companies live to make their own foundation that differs from whom they’re taking over for)I’d use your excuse for h4 but that’s it. Now it’s been years and they’ve got all kinds of data to go off of. H6 is make or break to a lot of people, h5 has improved off h4 multiplayer wise but regressed story wise, h6 needs to do good at both. I believe in 343, but they’ll still get tough love here and there however. Keep the multiplayer as is for h6, it’s the best and I can relate to h3, however they need to make sure to add variety to the game and up the story side a bit. Delay the game if need be. 343 aren’t new dogs on the block anymore, time for them to now show what they’re capable of doing and man up for their flaws.

> 2560081931056311;8:
> > 2535454723805219;7:
> > > 2533274819302824;2:
> > > So? 343I is a team made up of people who have already worked on several games. Since someone else already laid the foundation for them that’s even less of an excuse.
> >
> >
> > Yes, but on halo games, No. It’s different for a new company to take the reins of an older company. It’s like inheriting a business, the person that just got it doesn’t know how to run it the way his predecessor did.
>
>
> Nope, on halo games. 343 people worked on reach.

Yeah, but they worked on REACH. That’s basically a transition from 3 to 4 imo, but that’s just by the looks of it (never played Reach), so sorry if I’m wrong.

> 2535454723805219;1:
> I was one of the people who critizied 343, then it dawned on me, Halo 5 is 343’s Second Game that is a fps. 343 was thrown to the dogs, by competing with COD, a shooter that has the formula down. Unlike bungie, 343 didn’t have any games before entering Halo, Bungie had 3. So they had to experiment with the franchise because they needed to keep the series fresh. They don’t know the formula yet, but they might in Halo 6.

Are we being trolled by the mother a 343 employee?? LOL
343 is made up of people that were part of Bungie for the original trilogy, so…

> 2556731038472681;12:
> > 2535454723805219;1:
> > I was one of the people who critizied 343, then it dawned on me, Halo 5 is 343’s Second Game that is a fps. 343 was thrown to the dogs, by competing with COD, a shooter that has the formula down. Unlike bungie, 343 didn’t have any games before entering Halo, Bungie had 3. So they had to experiment with the franchise because they needed to keep the series fresh. They don’t know the formula yet, but they might in Halo 6.
>
>
> Are we being trolled by the mother a 343 employee?? LOL
> 343 is made up of people that were part of Bungie for the original trilogy, so…

Very minimally.

> 2533274923562209;13:
> > 2556731038472681;12:
> > > 2535454723805219;1:
> > > I was one of the people who critizied 343, then it dawned on me, Halo 5 is 343’s Second Game that is a fps. 343 was thrown to the dogs, by competing with COD, a shooter that has the formula down. Unlike bungie, 343 didn’t have any games before entering Halo, Bungie had 3. So they had to experiment with the franchise because they needed to keep the series fresh. They don’t know the formula yet, but they might in Halo 6.
> >
> >
> > Are we being trolled by the mother a 343 employee?? LOL
> > 343 is made up of people that were part of Bungie for the original trilogy, so…
>
>
> Very minimally.

I was under the impression it was a good number of Bungie people that went to 343?? Like all the important people for 343 used to be at Bungie. is that wrong?

Far as I know only half a dozen stayed. One of them is a community manager so he’s not worth much. So unless bungie employees have gone back to halo over time after the split then there’s very few original bungie members with 343.

I like the gameplay and mechanics in this one but it should of had more matchmaking maps…There isn’t really in between it’s either warzone or arena…Thats not really a problem either but…As good as warzone is their should be medium sized maps with vehicles and large maps with vehicles still…Even with warzone around.

> 2533274819302824;2:
> So? 343I is a team made up of people who have already worked on several games. Since someone else already laid the foundation for them that’s even less of an excuse.

this. I refuted another guy in another thread who tried to make the same point.

That is no excuse, if it’s only their second game then why the yoink and they making a AAA game? You understand these are industry professionals who are payed to professionally make a game? You understand most big studios require you to have shipped a game or two before the will even consider hiring you.

weren’t 343 halo fan based? halo 5 is alright but halo 2/3/4 are awesome

> 2533274803562826;18:
> That is no excuse, if it’s only their second game then why the yoink and they making a AAA game? You understand these are industry professionals who are payed to professionally make a game? You understand most big studios require you to have shipped a game or two before the will even consider hiring you.

It’s not their choice to make. 343 was made to be a Halo company, they couldn’t make any other game, so they had to make a AAA halo game. Also it’s a lot smaller than bungie.