This has to be said...

first: to all the threads saying “if there is a quitter I shouldn’t rank down.” Please use your head and realize this would be so easily exploited by one friend leaving if they are losing and none of his other 3 teammates rank down. Stop asking. Make friends.

#2 343 please make match making fair by only matching team of 4s against other team of 4’s. Same for team of 3’s. Solo or duo search players should only match with other solo and duo players except the obvious random on each team when there are 2 team of 3’s . Shouldn’t be that hard… Halo 3 did this 8 yrs ago flawlessly.

They should remove the option to quit and add a rejoin system.

agreed.

on #2 h3 had this thriving population, tbh I think 343 is afraid that this feature would extend the searchtimes

First I could care less if my rank goes up or down, it’s just a game and I’m not here to impress anyone. Nor am I really concerned if people quit; yeah it sucks and you primarily lose afterwards but you’ll win another game down the road.

What really matters is whether I’m enjoying myself or not…and so far I’ve been enjoying my time, especially in BTB.

Other FPS games let you join multiplayer games mid match if theres a free slot why can’t H5 do that?

On your #2 point (fitting, btw)…lol, “flawlessly”. That’s some fuzzy memory you got working there. The playlists that had these search qualifiers enabled had terrible search times.

And the “solo players getting matched with matched 2s and 3s” kinda defeats the whole purpose of all that mechanic.

This is one of those “great in theory, horrible in practice” ideas.

> 2533274819303871;1:
> first: to all the threads saying “if there is a quitter I shouldn’t rank down.” Please use your head and realize this would be so easily exploited by one friend leaving if they are losing and none of his other 3 teammates rank down. Stop asking. Make friends.
>
> #2 343 please make match making fair by only matching team of 4s against other team of 4’s. Same for team of 3’s. Solo or duo search players should only match with other solo and duo players except the obvious random on each team when there are 2 team of 3’s . Shouldn’t be that hard… Halo 3 did this 8 yrs ago flawlessly.

I see your point on #1, but this shouldn’t be a issue of the quitting bans were done right. Quitting shouldn’t be a “oh well, I’ll just quit” thing. I talked about this in another thread, but I think there should be a 10 minute “stability timer” on any quit that locks you out of multiplayer. If you quit to take care of something around the house, 10 minutes isn’t that much, but if you’re quiting to get into a better match, this would be infuriating. Anyways, it’s just a thought.

I couldn’t agree with #2 more. I don’t think they’d have to worry about 2 people teams though. Those are very common and the teamwork involved can be replicated by good randoms. 3 and 4 teams should be matched though.

> 2533274807207504;5:
> Other FPS games let you join multiplayer games mid match if theres a free slot why can’t H5 do that?

Because then if they join at the end of a game and win or loose because of how their team was doing it would be unfair.
Also, the arena matches are so short that its not worth it!

> 2533274828579121;4:
> First I could care less if my rank goes up or down, it’s just a game and I’m not here to impress anyone. Nor am I really concerned if people quit; yeah it sucks and you primarily lose afterwards but you’ll win another game down the road.
>
> What really matters is whether I’m enjoying myself or not…and so far I’ve been enjoying my time, especially in BTB.

I understand where you are coming from but don’t forget, you won’t be able to enjoy the game if you are playing against players that can’t land a shot, or against people who can shoot you the second the shred of your head appears on your screen, trust me, i played a match on breakout in gold and got 15 kills in that one game

Agree with #1, think they should include a “join in progress” although maybe just put some parameters with it. Something like only bringing in players before the match is half over and not into a complete blowout. Or maybe something along the lines of not counting losses for those players who joined in progress.

Disagree with #2 though. Think this would make the matchmaking searches way too complicated. It would extend all search times significantly

> 2535460752631391;8:
> > 2533274807207504;5:
> > Other FPS games let you join multiplayer games mid match if theres a free slot why can’t H5 do that?
>
>
> Because then if they join at the end of a game and win or loose because of how their team was doing it would be unfair.
> Also, the arena matches are so short that its not worth it!

agreed, but we should be able to join in warzone if the score is below 700

> 2535420190203686;10:
> Agree with #1, think they should include a “join in progress” although maybe just put some parameters with it. Something like only bringing in players before the match is half over and not into a complete blowout. Or maybe something along the lines of not counting losses for those players who joined in progress.
>
> Disagree with #2 though. Think this would make the matchmaking searches way too complicated. It would extend all search times significantly

number 2 is complicated, but we are running on next gen consoles, this should be no issue considering GTA 5 can run more dense files without a loading screen

> 2535420190203686;10:
> Agree with #1, think they should include a “join in progress” although maybe just put some parameters with it. Something like only bringing in players before the match is half over and not into a complete blowout. Or maybe something along the lines of not counting losses for those players who joined in progress.
>
> Disagree with #2 though. Think this would make the matchmaking searches way too complicated. It would extend all search times significantly

Not our fault that h5 has a significantly smaller population than h3… Right?

> 2533274805497312;6:
> On your #2 point (fitting, btw)…lol, “flawlessly”. That’s some fuzzy memory you got working there. The playlists that had these search qualifiers enabled had terrible search times.
>
> And the “solo players getting matched with matched 2s and 3s” kinda defeats the whole purpose of all that mechanic.
>
> This is one of those “great in theory, horrible in practice” ideas.

All ranked playlists matched teams together. The other search qualifiers based on skill or region or language didn’t work so well and did take forever yes.

matching teams shouldn’t be hard unless the population is already way too low

I agree with number two 100%, 1,000 Phaeton reqs for you.

> 2535460752631391;8:
> > 2533274807207504;5:
> > Other FPS games let you join multiplayer games mid match if theres a free slot why can’t H5 do that?
>
>
> Because then if they join at the end of a game and win or loose because of how their team was doing it would be unfair.
> Also, the arena matches are so short that its not worth it!

I see your point there but what about Warzone?? I’m not going to make my friend quit their game just so we can be matched up. I see the argument in arena, but warzone should have a join in progress option due to the fact that Warzone games are longer and have more people.

> 2533274812438213;15:
> I agree with number two 100%, 1,000 Phaeton reqs for you.

Yessss I haven’t got one in warzone yet…

> 2533274821094908;16:
> > 2535460752631391;8:
> > > 2533274807207504;5:
> > > Other FPS games let you join multiplayer games mid match if theres a free slot why can’t H5 do that?
> >
> >
> > Because then if they join at the end of a game and win or loose because of how their team was doing it would be unfair.
> > Also, the arena matches are so short that its not worth it!
>
>
> I see your point there but what about Warzone?? I’m not going to make my friend quit their game just so we can be matched up. I see the argument in arena, but warzone should have a join in progress option due to the fact that Warzone games are longer and have more people.

but there is JiP in warzone… happens all the time

I agree with point 2 however i agree with the other commentators i don’t think halo 5 has the community to implement a system like this. Personally i think their needs to be more communication between randoms…

I once joined a game of warzone and immediately lost when I spawned in. It’s only happened once but damn that really annoyed me. I’m sorta glad they don’t have join in progress for most playlists. But that’s just my opinion