This game will fail if 343 removes sprint

It’s a modern feature that every FPS these days has. People who didn’t already play Halo will never start playing Halo if it doesn’t have sprint. So stop whining about taking it out because (1) that’s stupid, and (2) 343 will never take it out.

What does modern feature mean?

fea·ture
ˈfēCHər/Submit
noun
1.
a distinctive attribute or aspect of something.

> 2533274792768829;1:
> It’s a modern feature that every FPS these days has. People who didn’t already play Halo will never start playing Halo if it doesn’t have sprint. So stop whining about taking it out because (1) that’s stupid, and (2) 343 will never take it out.

Sprint is hardly modern. As far as I can tell modern means copy everyone else. Counter strike go is modern and it doesn’t have sprint. Stop using buzzwords.

The game will not fail if they were to remove sprint… At all…

> 2535448600499399;5:
> The game will not fail if they were to remove sprint… At all…

Unless by fail you mean… fail to suck! Sorry, couldn’t resist. :stuck_out_tongue:

The most common thing I’ve heard from my non-Halo nerd friends who play the original trilogy the first time is: how do I run faster?

> 2533274792768829;7:
> The most common thing I’ve heard from my non-Halo nerd friends who play the original trilogy the first time is: how do I run faster?

Wow so sad. It’s called coping not being given everything you want

> 2533274792768829;7:
> The most common thing I’ve heard from my non-Halo nerd friends who play the original trilogy the first time is: how do I run faster?

Lol I am pretty sure the first thing every person in the world does that tries to play the other halos is try to hit the sprint button. It just feels so ancient and slow not having the sprint. haha

Also don’t worry, sprint is not going anywhere. It will be there for now on. Players have to get used to it or adapt. Or just move on.

> 2533274800913490;8:
> > 2533274792768829;7:
> > The most common thing I’ve heard from my non-Halo nerd friends who play the original trilogy the first time is: how do I run faster?
>
>
> Wow so sad. It’s called coping not being given everything you want

It’s called if this game doesn’t sell like hot-cakes they won’t keep making Halo forever.

thats one of the worst arguments you can make

GUYS DONT REMOVE SPRINT EVERYTHING ELSE HAS IT

yeah who cares if it hurts halos core gameplay, who cares if its viewed negatively by most of the halo community, who cares if sprint is an easy abused mechanic which acts like a get out of jail free card.

AS LONG AS DESTINY, COD, AND BATTLE FIELD HAVE IT ITS A MUST!

/logic

It’s not going to get taken out for Halo 5, it’s too late into development.

So creep… They arent used to halo. They learn “okay, halo doesnt have sprint, thats the game. Im not used to that, but thats what halo does”. I dont get upset about features Other games have or dont have.

Adding sprint: annoys old time players who feel it doesnt belong.

keeping sprint out: annoys people who arent halo fans.

As a company who would you rather annoy; longer fans, or people who arent your fans…?

(Yes i understand some long time fans want sprint but they wouldnt have been furious if it were added. Just slightly annoyed. Adding it infuriates other players. Also as a company which would u prefer; to slightly annoy fans or infuriate other fans)

Sprint

> 2533274792768829;7:
> The most common thing I’ve heard from my non-Halo nerd friends who play the original trilogy the first time is: how do I run faster?

Your point? A lot of games have it, so they thought Halo might. They were wrong; big deal.

Sprint is a feature. Not all games have the same features, and Halo didn’t need to incorporate sprint. The people that want to play Halo will play it; expecting a game you didn’t play yet to change something seems kinda selfish to the people who enjoyed it the way it was.

You certainly can’t argue that it doesn’t change the style of gameplay Halo traditionally has.

> 2533274828236493;14:
> Sprint
>
> > 2533274792768829;7:
> > The most common thing I’ve heard from my non-Halo nerd friends who play the original trilogy the first time is: how do I run faster?
>
>
> Your point? A lot of games have it, so they thought Halo might. They were wrong; big deal.
>
> Sprint is a feature. Not all games have the same features, and Halo didn’t need to incorporate sprint. The people that want to play Halo will play it; expecting a game you didn’t play yet to change something seems kinda selfish to the people who enjoyed it the way it was.
>
> You certainly can’t argue that it doesn’t change the style of gameplay Halo traditionally has.

Well worded! Thank you! Ha same point i was trying to make above.

> 2533274895275962;11:
> thats one of the worst arguments you can make
>
> GUYS DONT REMOVE SPRINT EVERYTHING ELSE HAS IT
>
> yeah who cares if it hurts halos core gameplay, who cares if its viewed negatively by most of the halo community, who cares if sprint is an easy abused mechanic which acts like a get out of jail free card.
>
> AS LONG AS DESTINY, COD, AND BATTLE FIELD HAS IT ITS A MUST!
>
> /logic

Whether it hurts the core gameplay is debatable.

I didn’t make an argument, I made a statement. More of a prediction. I didn’t say if it was better for the game or worse. Please read carefully before you jump to conclusions.

As a long-time Halo fan (since 2001), I think it makes it better - but hey, that’s just my opinion.

Lets think back to 2002…

HALO COMBAT EVOLVED WILL FAIL!!!.

You have rebounding health. It doens’t center on health and shield pick ups.

You can only hold TWO weapons! Two. That’s crazy.

You don’t even need to toggle to grenades. Grenades have their own button! There’s going to be so much grenade spam.

No FPS game does these things. Nobody is going to like this game.

Oh baby…

From a gameplay (not lore, gameplay) perspective, there is literally no reason for sprint to even exist in Halo. Forcibly integrating it into Halo as a “new” mechanic on the premise of every other shooter doing it does nothing but strip the series of uniqueness. It’s this mindset that has led to the FPS genre’s stagnancy.

> 2535441634768829;17:
> Lets think back to 2002…
>
> HALO COMBAT EVOLVED WILL FAIL!!!.
>
> You have rebounding health. It doens’t center on health and shield pick ups.
>
> You can only hold TWO weapons! Two. That’s crazy.
>
> You don’t even need to toggle to grenades. Grenades have their own button! There’s going to be so much grenade spam.
>
> No FPS game does these things. Nobody is going to like this game.
>
> Oh baby…

That’s the opposite of the point I made. It’s not that NO FPS has sprint, it’s that all of them do. Imagine if Halo CE didn’t have jumping. I don’t think it would have done nearly as well (but it might, ala Timesplitters - for all my old-school FPS fans)

Oh look, the argument that gets thrown out when all else fails. Right, literally every other Halo 5 change could remain, but somehow no new players would join up simply because sprint is gone.

Its amazing how little credit the “Halo needs to modernize” crowd gives modern audiences. Remove one feature and suddenly the masses won’t touch it because it didn’t make all the marks on the arbitrary ‘modern shooters’ checklist. I swear some of you treat the potential audience like complete morons. I maintain that consumers would want their games to play differently from one another and not have the same suite of mechanics carry over from one game to another. That they might enjoy different games for different reasons and will buy/play a game because it is fun to play, polished, and full of content.

Let’s also ignore the fact that millions of people were already playing Halo and only started to decline after we started to get these oh so ‘modern’ features.

I’m not saying that a traditional Halo game would save/boost the franchise, I have no idea, but at the same time no one has given any concrete evidence that it would not sell very well and/or maintain a population.

Halo not being the #1 shooter on xbox does not mean it still cannot be very successful. CoD being popular does not mean that Halo cannot also be popular without ‘modernizing’.