This game was developed for 3 years? I LOLd

Please dont tell me that this was in development for 3 years, because thats a bad lie.

If so, please tell me what they have done in 3 years.
Actually ill just say it:

• Good graphics;
  • Campaign and Multiplayer scenarios and maps;
  • Voice acting;
  • Theater (Copy paste from Reach and they removed campaign features);
  • Custom games (Which really doesnt take much time since you have all the coding from Halo 3, not to mention they removed some of those);
  • New gametypes;
  • Spartan Ops (Copy Paste from Campaign and MP levels, 3 years huh?);
  • A campaign that is based on some epic parts but its nothing but pressing a button to activate stuff (im sure they could have made a more epic campaign on 3 years, and longer, by far);
  • Ridiculous launch bugs on maps like Complex (takes 3 years to NOT notice that obvious jump);
  • Forge;
  • A fileshare system which is not working (must take more than 3 years to make it work);
  • No ranked system (they give the excuse it will come out later, must be a crappy ranked system as an excuse or rage control);
  • Weapon balancing (although I dont think this game is balanced);
  • A new User Interface (it took time but, I prefered the old one. This one looks like I just opened a pack of cards on my FIFA 13 Ultimate Team);
  • Join in progress.

I cant remember anything else for now but im sure there are more.
Was all of this really made for 3 years? I dont think so, really.
This is a good game, but… 3 years?

EDIT: No im not a game designer. Just saying that for 3 years, this game should be alot better.

You must not understand how hard it is to program a game for online gaming.

Oh sorry, I didn’t realize you were a professional game designer who knows how long it takes to program games.

Hey it takes a long time to get the IT dept up and running let alone a good HR dept with the right temperament.

> Oh sorry, I didn’t realize you were a professional game designer who knows how long it takes to program games.

3 years seem pretty long for a game that has multiplayer, campaign, and copy pasted gametypes and features from previous games.

Watch out we have got a professional game designer over here

> > Oh sorry, I didn’t realize you were a professional game designer who knows how long it takes to program games.
>
> 3 years seem pretty long for a game that has multiplayer, single player, campaign, and copy pasted gametypes and features from previous games.

Why would you copy and paste from a game as buggy as Halo 2 or Halo 3.

There’s a difference between what you believe to be the truth and what the truth actually is.
Yes, Halo 4 has been in development for 3-4+ years. Technical development started in 2007 when the studio was established.

> > > Oh sorry, I didn’t realize you were a professional game designer who knows how long it takes to program games.
> >
> > 3 years seem pretty long for a game that has multiplayer, single player, campaign, and copy pasted gametypes and features from previous games.
>
> Why would you copy and paste from a game as buggy as Halo 2 or Halo 3.

Custom game options, forge and theater were based on past games. What was so buggy from Halo 3? It had obvious campaign bugs but I didnt see anything on multiplayer (besides theater).

Please OP, link us all to the superior game you developed, I’d love to play it sometime! :slight_smile:

I just don’t get it. I can make a word document and all I have to do to make a new one is copy and paste it and then put on a new title and that’s all it takes. Why does it take game industries three years to do the same thing with their game? I mean, we have had tanks and warthogs and gametypes in the other Halos, so all they really have to do is copy and paste the codes over to a new game, right? (Sarcasm)

OP, I want you to make me a game. I want it to have a new campaign, a new multiplayer, a forge mode, a new way of playing, new weapons, new enemies, new graphics, original sounds and music, along with all of the planning and coding each of those takes. And make it playable by thousands of people at the same time online. Then be sure to eliminate any totally game breaking bugs in your coding (keep in mind that any changes you make can potentially lead to even more bugs and working on those can lead to more bugs and so on). Then test it and market it. While you are at it, create another campaign. And go ahead and start on three map packs. And I want it in one year.

Not another pro game designer…

> Please dont tell me that this was in development for 3 years, because thats a bad lie.
>
> If so, please tell me what they have done in 3 years.
> Actually ill just say it:
>
> - Good graphics;
> - Campaign and Multiplayer scenarios and maps;
> - Voice acting;
> - Theater (Copy paste from Reach and they removed campaign features);
> - Custom games (Which really doesnt take much time since you have all the coding from Halo 3, not to mention they removed some of those);
> - New gametypes;
> - Spartan Ops (Copy Paste from Campaign and MP levels, 3 years huh?);
> - A campaign that is based on some epic parts but its nothing but pressing a button to activate stuff (im sure they could have made a more epic campaign on 3 years, and longer, by far);
> - Ridiculous launch bugs on maps like Complex (takes 3 years to NOT notice that obvious jump);
> - Forge;
> - A fileshare system which is not working (must take more than 3 years to make it work);
> - No ranked system (they give the excuse it will come out later, must be a crappy ranked system as an excuse or rage control);
> - Weapon balancing (although I dont think this game is balanced);
> - A new User Interface (it took time but, I prefered the old one. This one looks like I just opened a pack of cards on my FIFA 13 Ultimate Team);
> - Join in progress.
>
> I cant remember anything else for now but im sure there are more.
> Was all of this really made for 3 years? I dont think so, really.
> This is a good game, but… 3 years?
>
> EDIT: No im not a game designer. Just saying that for 3 years, this game should be alot better.

They took 3 years to make pretty graphics.

this is what happens when you put graphics< gameplay

H4 is still a great game though, but there is no excuse for the many actual bugs and the exclusion of features that have been done before

If you notice, 343 never really developed a game to begin with. I’m pretty sure that everyone is aware of 343’s initial purpose of creation was to ensure the minimal continuance of the Halo franchise once Bungie walked out. They’re first project was Halo Waypoint, which is not a game, but an app based on Media/Statistics. I think Waypoint was an excellent idea, but not a place I would of placed the team who’s supposed to replace the creators. Then they got handed the task of remaking Halo CE. Easy job and a job well done. Give them the “History” lesson they need, with karate kid like exercises - “skin on, skin off…”. Looking good right? Shortly there after they were given another challenge with the last couple of map packs in Reach, and server control. Last step in the chain as Bungie finishes packing. So now it looks as if they’re on the right track and got all they’re bases covered. Stats and Media, check. Halo basic training, check. Creative control & intelligence applications, check. They graduated from Halo High, and got a 3 game scholarship from Microsoft, THEN BAM!..Pregnant with a baby called Halo 4 first semester in and no one who want’s to be called the father. I actually believe that Microsoft & Halo in general would of been much better of if they’d of sold the rights to dare I say EA/Activision. Nothing would’ve change. They haven’t changed CoD, just tweaked. Halo would of had the same, with population to support it, and a more battle-savy Dev to juice it full of roids. Just saying…Time line makes sense to why there was 3 years of development and why we got this stillborn thing called Halo 4

When the coding is different you have to completely rewrite everything. and sometimes you can’t do exactly what the previous engine could exactly the same way, their for you have to find a work around. Coding in general is a -Yoink- you can’t just copy paste done when working with a different system/different game or you’ll have more problems then if you just rewrote the code all together

People, if you don’t have any knowledge in how developing a game works, then go study it, THEN come back and claim that it doesn’t take 3 years to make a title like Halo 4. Ignorance and assumption of how these things work is only going to make you look embarrassing.

It was rushed.

Just like Bungie, 343 also had had a bunch of ideas that would take too long to implement.