This game sucks

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

There is just something absolutely off about this game, it’s missing that zing that all the Halos before it has.

The campaign sucked but that’s only a small bit of it. At first, Warzone was fun, then I remembered I played it again in the Summer of 2016. It was absolutely broken. I played on teams that got absolutely dominated. It was always one sided, and every time I joined, I die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die,die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, CORE DESTROYED, DEFEAT, die one more time.

As for the regular multiplayer. Despite having the best movement of any Halo game, the gameplay feels lackluster. The maps are average to terrible. We have maybe the worst attempt at a Blood Gulch style map ever. Then I remember there was those weird maps that look like something straight out of a Gamecube. Actually no, the Gamecube had better graphics than this. I was excited when I saw the Headlong remake, then I immediately lost my excitement when I saw how the original Halo 2 version had better visuals, and the fact that I’m playing Halo 5 and not Halo 2. Can’t do BXR, no Double Shotting or BXBing.

I mean this game has fun moments, but it’s too average. Like I would rather be playing something else like Battlefield 1, any of the old Halos. This game is just nothing special, however every single Halo was special in their own way. That’s what makes me mad, this game is so average it’s not even funny. The only reason I haven’t sold this game is because of the music. The music is its own saving grace. I’ll occassionally pop the disk in just to listen to the music in the main menu.

I mean… alright. I hope venting like that was cathartic. How should we respond? But whatevs, I’ll say first that there’s nothing wrong with you not being able to pull cheap button combo glitches. That should have never been a thing. It also sounds like you need a team, solo-ing can be brutal. I also think the Headlong remake in Halo 5 plays better.

Enjoy Battlefield.

Have fun playing battlefield. Maybe Halo isn’t your thing.

> 2533274972430429;3:
> Have fun playing battlefield. Maybe Halo isn’t your thing.

I’ve been playing Halo since Halo 2 and CE, whereas most people just started with Halo 3, Reach, or 4.

You can’t quit now! Sign up for a job at 343 and make this game better? Or give us a list of things that would make the better not a list of what it lacks?

> 2533274839942580;1:
> We have maybe the worst attempt at a Blood Gulch style map ever.

Basin? Why do you think they were trying to do a Blood Gulch styled map cause I don’t see any resemblance aside from the bases being at opposite ends of the map?

It’s not bad… they just need to get back to a more traditional design philosophy and build cost-saving measures into the way environments are used… environments that double over into different modes and support Halo’s wide variety of gametypes… as Halo has always done.

But I’m saying that they could even take it a step further. BTB maps would support Warzone game modes as well… BUT they could also be designed in a way where they could also support 4v4 Arena.

Now you might wonder HOW… how could BTB maps effectively support Arena/small team games? Think about Noctus or the newer Sanghelios WZ map… the middle sections are essentially enclosed Arena-like structures. Design Arena-ready structures or areas of large maps, where Forge can be used to block off the larger, outside/open spaces of the map.

You could pack a ton of value value into the environments themselves, design them to support many game modes, take a “less is more” approach and INVEST in the design of these maps. Don’t just crank out a ton of similar maps and recycled areas and layouts that are altered a little bit, and then only do it for one sub-community of the game.

Design for ALL communities within the game, allow them to experience content in a more unified way, without segregating game modes and what maps appear where. Modular implementation of content, and PHYSICALLY modular content.

It could be so good, if done correctly. We really need a memorable game with top-tier, creative, multi-faceted playspaces and options to play the gametypes we want and expect out of Halo. All of these rotating playlists and “recycled this, remixed that,” and missing features and watered-down game modes and options really aren’t cutting it for Halo fans.

> 2533274839942580;4:
> > 2533274972430429;3:
> > Have fun playing battlefield. Maybe Halo isn’t your thing.
>
> I’ve been playing Halo since Halo 2 and CE, whereas most people just started with Halo 3, Reach, or 4.

You haven’t even played Halo 5 going by your service record. The only game you have played is Halo 3. How can you judge this game if you haven’t played it?

> 2533274839942580;4:
> I’ve been playing Halo since Halo 2 and CE, whereas most people just started with Halo 3, Reach, or 4.

As have I. I know your frustration. However, I have not once thought this was a bad game. Story-wise… Eh, could be a lot better, no Halo 2, not by a long shot. Warzone… I don’t play it a huge amount so I have no comment. Arena… some maps are bad (Orion 2, Overgrowth, Molten, etc.) most are good (The Rig, Truth, Coliseum, etc.).

So basically you aren’t good at it so you don’t like it?