This game needs a ranking system yesterday

I’m losing interest in it already. The trueskill systsm isn’t working. I keep playing a lot lower levels and its bugging me. I want a challenge. That’s what Halo is all about. I have a 1.84 kd and I should usually have around a 1.2 or 1.3 KD if I’m playing people of my own skill level.

Also, I have no incentive to play. I already have the armour I want and nothing comes after that in the progression system for me.

343 is going to lose a lot of customers before their Ranking system update comes in “early 2013”

I’ve waited for this game for 5 years after Halo 3 and in those 5 years 343 didn’t realize it’s the ranking system that keeps people playing? Real geniuses I guess.

I couldn’t agree more. The ranking system is what kept me hooked on halo 2 and halo 3.

343 says they aren’t implementing a ranking system until early 2013, because they want to be sure that the system is perfect. You mean to tell me that over a period of 5 years they couldn’t have improved upon the halo 3 ranking system? I am calling complete bull -Yoink- on that! Sounds more like excuses to me.

Basically they didn’t have a ranking system developed at all, and didn’t think it was going to be a big deal. Then everyone started voicing their complaints (reasonably so) and they realized they needed to make one.

This is completely unacceptable, and I am afraid I will have lost interest by the time this ranking system is in place. Also their ranking system seems weak, considering you need to go on waypoint just to see what your ranking is.

I don’t really care about a number next to my name, but a better matchmaking system would be great. I know the game just came out, but being stuck with terrible teammates while I go up against people my skill and better isn’t what I like to call fun. Especially when the match ends up with them camping my spawn and I can’t do anything about it due to being severely outnumbered.

Yeah where’s my 50 :0

There’s a ranking system coming soon. It’s not ready yet.

I think you’d all be complaining a lot more if the game had been delayed until 2013.

Also 343 are going to decide before they release it whether everyone will start from scratch or whether they’ll use people’s existing Halo 4 stats to determine what rank you should start at. Hopefully it makes you feel better to know that the games you’re playing may actually factor in to the ranking system.

Also you won’t have to go on waypoint to see your rank. They said it would be very visible and detailed in the game.

Halo 3 ranking system was amazing i was literally addicted to the game like many others 343 NEED to bring back the 1-50 system it made the game sooooo fun! gaining xp to rank up is terrible and extremely boring im a sr22 and i destroy everybody. whereas in a game full of 50s in halo would be a challenge.

OH MY GLOB! I HAVE TO WAIT A FEW MONTHS FOR A RANKING SYSTEM? :,(

the fact that halo 4 even has a ranking system to begin with is more than most people expected, if its really that unbearable for you then play halo 3 until they release it.

Im not entirely sure about this but I believe theres already a ranking system in halo 4, case in point the first day my k/d was like 4 or something and now its going farther and farther downhill, this could easily be a result of a ranking system.

its also worth mentioning that your k/d isnt the only thing that decides your skill level, w/l and other things are also good at determining how good you are at a game. a legitimate ranking system would never go OMG this guys k/d is 4 so lets match him up with another 4, a legitimate ranking would use ALL of the information available to determine your skill level.

I like how you said “343 is going to lose a lot of customers”

you do realize that just playing the game doesnt make you a customer right? you buying the game, dlc, or anything else related to 343i is what makes you a customer. if you quit playing the game right now and never played it again then you as a customer would be just as valuable as someone who plays the game until halo 5`s release. you have customers and players mixed up.

you also must realize how content distribution works right? the proper way to distribute content is to do it little by little that way you not only have more content to distribute over a longer period of time, you also provide more longevity to the game by giving people a reason to come back for months and months in advance. Gears of War 3 did a good job of this so you might want to check that game out at some point.

> Halo 3 ranking system was amazing i was literally addicted to the game like many others 343 NEED to bring back the 1-50 system it made the game sooooo fun! gaining xp to rank up is terrible and extremely boring im a sr22 and i destroy everybody. whereas in a game full of 50s in halo would be a challenge.

The ranking system thats coming in the new year will be very similar if not the same as the 1-50 system from Halo 3.

I just hope they decide to make it an in-game number so I don’t have to look at stupid -Yoink- Halo Waypoint every 10 minutes