This game needs a balancing change.

I have been playing this game every day since midnight launch, and in my time playing this game, I have found the DMR to dominate most of the other precision weapons. The DMR currently has about a 1.4 second killtime, with the Carbine and Battle Rifle at 1.6 and 1.8 seconds, respectively. These weapons simply can’t compete with the DMR at any range, and the DMR can be used without any repercussion at any range unless facing a Storm Rifle or Suppressor.

While that may sound like a cry for the DMR to be nerfed, it isn’t, that is nonsense. The problem with the DMR in this game is that the other weapons can’t compete. Before launch there was a thread about making the BR a 4 shot kill. In this thread, many players complained that making the BR a 4 shot would “make all the other weapons meaningless.” Well… look at where we are now; a 5SK BR that is worthless against every other weapon.

To remedy this, it is imperative that the BR is made a 4 shot kill so it can actually go against a DMR in its intended range. To further cement the BR into a close-to-medium range niche, add more recoil to the weapon so it is much more difficult to land shots at range. The same should be done to the Carbine; making it a 7 shot kill, with slight recoil so it isn’t a spray and pray laser.

Nerfing the DMR will help nothing. The DMR is the perfect Halo weapon, and should stay as is. Nerfing the DMR will make the game Reach 2. I want Halo 4, not Reach 2.

Oh boy, here we go again.

Sounds like to me you need to go MAKE and PLAY your OWN Halo game. Halo 4 is fine the way it is. Stop trying to destroy it.

> Sounds like to me you need to go MAKE and PLAY your OWN Halo game. Halo 4 is fine the way it is. Stop trying to destroy it.

No it isn’t. The BR and Carbine are grossly underpowered and need a buff.

I noticed you left light rifle out of your comparison. Does that mean you think it’s fine as is or needs to be really finely tweaked?

> I noticed you left light rifle out of your comparison. Does that mean you think it’s fine as is or needs to be really finely tweaked?

Light Rifle is perfect as is.

If you make it 4SK wouldn’t that break all the other weapons because now they are weaker than DMR and BR? Doesn’t really make sense to break everything else just to have a 4SK BR.

> I noticed you left light rifle out of your comparison. Does that mean you think it’s fine as is or needs to be really finely tweaked?

Light Rifle is fine with the staying in scope when shot, it is a four shot.

> If you make it 4SK wouldn’t that break all the other weapons because now they are weaker than DMR and BR? Doesn’t really make sense to break everything else just to have a 4SK BR.

Not at all. If the recoil on the BR is increased from its current state, the weapon will not be able to preform at long range as consistently as the DMR would. Hence, balance.

> No it isn’t. The BR and Carbine are grossly underpowered and need a buff.

Partially agree. I personally prefer the Carbine, but since everyone uses the DMR, I don’t stand a chance unless they just suck.

But on the topic of the DMR, I do think it does need a slight nerf, just not to damage. Currently, its long-range capabilities are too high as well, rivaling that of the human sniper rifle. I think it needs a rate of fire nerf, so that it can still hurt long-range, but with lower damage-per-second, and the lower fire rate would allow the BR to shine in close-mid ranged combat.

> > Sounds like to me you need to go MAKE and PLAY your OWN Halo game. Halo 4 is fine the way it is. Stop trying to destroy it.
>
> No it isn’t. The BR and Carbine are grossly underpowered and need a buff.

Disagree. I beat the typical DMR user with my Carbine ever since I started using it. I’m not a huge fan of the BR anyway so I can’t comment much on that. If the Carbine gets a buff, it should only be one shot more to kill. Otherwise I pull off the kill a good 75% of the time before the DMR user does. It comes down to player skill really.

> Not at all. If the recoil on the BR is increased from its current state, the weapon will not be able to preform at long range as consistently as the DMR would. Hence, balance.

But the thing is, this game is about more than two guns. Simply buffing more guns makes all of the other guns in the game worse by comparison. Then we’d be in a worse spot than we are now.

The DMR’s damage is fine. Its all-range utility, and massive sniping potential make it overpowered. Blatantly so.

> To further cement the BR into a close-to-medium range niche, add more recoil to the weapon so it is much more difficult to land shots at range.

I do not agree with this.

Yes the BR would be great as a 4 shot (ala MLG H3) but the Recoil is already at the limit of what I find acceptable for a gun utilizing such severe aim aassist. It feels wrong.

Just stop with these threads already, you know what happens. Follower comes in says your bad blah blah blah game is perfect. No intelligent come backs ever and then the thread is ruined.

> > > Sounds like to me you need to go MAKE and PLAY your OWN Halo game. Halo 4 is fine the way it is. Stop trying to destroy it.
> >
> > No it isn’t. The BR and Carbine are grossly underpowered and need a buff.
>
> Disagree. I beat the typical DMR user with my Carbine ever since I started using it. I’m not a huge fan of the BR anyway so I can’t comment much on that. If the Carbine gets a buff, it should only be one shot more to kill. Otherwise I pull off the kill a good 75% of the time before the DMR user does. It comes down to player skill really.

I said in the OP it should be a 7 shot kill with slightly more recoil. The Carbine is an 8 shot kill already.

Please buff the Carbine and BR.

I feel stoopid every time I try to use them instead of my god gun, DMR.

If I’ve learned anything from browsing these “balance change” and “nerf this” threads, its this.

asking for any change to the game only makes it worse. I think Halo is ok the way it is, and I don’t want to risk making it any worse because of some minute annoyances.

This is just my opinion on the matter.

Then lower the aim assist on the BR, while increasing the kill-times.

Its already a skill weapon as it is, needing exactly 12+1 bullets to kill. Remove aim assist and lower kill times even better.

> If I’ve learned anything from browsing these “balance change” and “nerf this” threads, its this.
>
> asking for any change to the game only makes it worse. I think Halo is ok the way it is, and I don’t want to risk making it any worse because of some minute annoyances.
>
> This is just my opinion on the matter.

4 shot BR already works when you change the custom options for it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > If I’ve learned anything from browsing these “balance change” and “nerf this” threads, its this.
> >
> > asking for any change to the game only makes it worse. I think Halo is ok the way it is, and I don’t want to risk making it any worse because of some minute annoyances.
> >
> > This is just my opinion on the matter.
>
> 4 shot BR already works when you change the custom options for it.

Like I said before,

Sounds like to me you need to go MAKE and PLAY your OWN Halo game. Halo 4 is fine the way it is. Stop trying to destroy it.