This game just erased my gamer profile completely

I just started playing Anniversary for the first time, I got to the point where Keyes and the first terminal are. I read the terminal then watched the cutscene, and after the cutscene I went to check my achievements, but I had a “0” where my gamerscore should have been. So I saved and quit then turned my xbox off to restart and then sign back into my profile assuming I had somehow been signed out.

When I turned my Xbox back on however, I was brought to the choose profile screen (instead of it automatically signing me in). Your game completely deleted my gamer profile and I am unable to retrieve it as I continue to get an error message every time I try.

Anyone know what might cause this and how I can fix this?

Is the account an Xbox LIVE Account?

If so, what error does it give you.

> Is the account an Xbox LIVE Account?
>
> If so, what error does it give you.

Yeah it’s a gold account. I was on Live when it happened. It said my profile had corrupted data in the storage device. Few other things that might help, I have the 250 GB HD, I have this game installed to the HD.

Edit: forgot to answer your question. The code I get when trying to download it just says “error, unable to download profile at this time”.

Okay, after a couple restarts and reties it finally downloaded. Immediately after download it froze my xbox. Turned it off again and it’s been running okay now, will post back if it happens again.

I have the same problem but when playing other games. Just by signing out and back in again works fine for me.

I know that Xbox LIVE has had some issues. Maybe we’re just being affected by them?

Sounds like your Xbox LIVE Profile corrupted, delete it and recover it from LIVE.

Never happened for me so i can not really help

Contact XBL customer support. If they try asking you to send in your xbox for repair politley inform them that this is a software issue not hardware.

As well as the previous suggestions (particulary deleting your profile and recovering it) clearing your cache is always a good option for troubleshooting too.

Just recover your profile. I had a similar problem (all my achievements got switched to Japanese or something) and recovering fixed it.

Delete your profile from your Xbox (you don’t have to delete the items, just the profile) and then recover it.

> I just started playing Anniversary for the first time, I got to the point where Keyes and the first terminal are. I read the terminal then watched the cutscene, and after the cutscene I went to check my achievements, but I had a “0” where my gamerscore should have been. So I saved and quit then turned my xbox off to restart and then sign back into my profile assuming I had somehow been signed out.
>
> When I turned my Xbox back on however, I was brought to the choose profile screen (instead of it automatically signing me in). Your game completely deleted my gamer profile and I am unable to retrieve it as I continue to get an error message every time I try.
>
> Anyone know what might cause this and how I can fix this?

What your going to want to do is head into your Xbox’s Memory settings and delete your profile off your harddrive, Make sure that when your deleting it you only delete the profile and not everything associated with the profile. Once that is done, reset your xbox and then do a gamertag recovery. That should fix the problem

~killer rin
Xbox Live Ambassador

this is happening to me now and it says that my account is corrupted and iv deleted it nd ill try to download it now

nvm now iv just redownloaded and it is working like a dream thanks xbox live ambassidor

BUT MINES WON’T.!I DID THE SAME THING AS YOU AND MINE WON’T COME BACK.

> Sounds like your Xbox LIVE Profile corrupted, delete it and recover it from LIVE.

This. But for God’s sake, make sure NOT to delete your profile AND items. I accidentally did this with my stupid head and lost an over 300-hours Skyrim save, as well as my Oblivion ones. I payed the price for being too lazy to make backups, lol.

:’(