This Game Is Not Bad

But -Yoink!-, it is frustrating as all hell. I love the game. It’s a solid game, a very solid game. The core mechanics are on a superb level compared to many games we see today. It took me a while to get used to it, the fast pace and all.
Once I did, I dominated nearly every match I was in. Then, I became bored. So, I shelved the game, and got the DLC for Skyrim and stayed on that for a short while. I picked it back up last night, played some multiplayer, and I hated it.

I had a few good matches here and there, but the majority were extremely frustrating. From the amount of people camping, to my sub-par teammates, it was a horrific experience.

Now, I have no real problem with campers. It’s a viable tactic, and very powerful in capable hands. So I don’t think that’s the stem of my frustration, but I think it the teams I’m placed on. I’m nowhere near as capable as some in our community, but I believe I can hold my own on most occasions. But it seems as if I’m just being dominated by the other team on most occasions, whereas my team can barely break even, let alone positive.

I just want to know why this? Is there some sort of a handicap system in place here. Something that matches you with less skilled teammates as to give them a chance at winning. I’ve heard there is a skill system in place to match you with players of similar skill. In my instances of playing, I’ve only experienced a few solid matches where both teams were fighting as hard as possible to gain the win. This, in my opinion, is how most matches should be. Not one side winning by quite a large margin.

So, to the point, why does it seem as if I’m matched with teammates seemingly outclassed by the opposing team?

Every time i lose a game I blame my teammates too, glad to know I’m not the only one out there. Gosh darn teammates…

Don’t me wrong, I don’t exactly believe it’s the teammates fault, it definitely could be me. It just seems to me that I’m always matched with a team that is outclassed by the opposing team. Not that they’re all bad.

Wow, now imagine what a ranking system might do!

CSR had better deliver.

> Wow, now imagine what a ranking system might do!
>
> CSR had better deliver.

My hopes is that it matches similarly skilled players, as it should.

It feels like this with every FPS I’ve ever played. Sure you get those games where it’s practically a tie till the very end (which are the best types of matches), but the majority of the time one team dominates the other.

Honestly I usually blame it on my teammates, unless I go negative (which isn’t often). It’s either frustratingly easy, or simply frustrating.

> Don’t me wrong, I don’t exactly believe it’s the teammates fault, it definitely could be me. It just seems to me that I’m always matched with a team that is outclassed by the opposing team. Not that they’re all bad.

Meh, just do what i do, play better then the enemy team combined and carry your teammates. Works like a charm every time.

> > Don’t me wrong, I don’t exactly believe it’s the teammates fault, it definitely could be me. It just seems to me that I’m always matched with a team that is outclassed by the opposing team. Not that they’re all bad.
>
> Meh, just do what i do, play better then the enemy team combined and carry your teammates. Works like a charm every time.

I don’t think I’m good enough to be able to do that. Even while picking my battles carefully, I’m often up against two opponents at a time. I normally get one of them, but the second player normally finishes me off.

I really like this Halo, though I do think it needs some tweaks.

I don’t really care for most of the maps, the Boltshot gets on my nerves from time to time, but other than that, I have no complaints.

> > > Don’t me wrong, I don’t exactly believe it’s the teammates fault, it definitely could be me. It just seems to me that I’m always matched with a team that is outclassed by the opposing team. Not that they’re all bad.
> >
> > Meh, just do what i do, play better then the enemy team combined and carry your teammates. Works like a charm every time.
>
> I don’t think I’m good enough to be able to do that. Even while picking my battles carefully, I’m often up against two opponents at a time. I normally get one of them, but the second player normally finishes me off.

Yeah, i was just messing around anyways. I agree that the trueskill system they have isnt flawless however after playing many games in Infinity Slayer i seem to be getting alot more even matches now. If I jump into a playlist I’ve never played however my teammates and the other team is usually not as good as me until i play a bunch of games in it. (Not saying i’m the best or anything)

Just takes time for the system to determine where to put you i guess. Hopefully when CSR comes along it’ll be perfect. Fingers crossed.

> I don’t really care for most of the maps, the Boltshot gets on my nerves from time to time, but other than that, I have no complaints.

Needs more smaller maps indeed. Supposedly coming early 2013.

I would like a few smaller maps.

I’ve noticed I’m consistently up against better opponents, so that part of the system definitely works.

> > > > Don’t me wrong, I don’t exactly believe it’s the teammates fault, it definitely could be me. It just seems to me that I’m always matched with a team that is outclassed by the opposing team. Not that they’re all bad.
> > >
> > > Meh, just do what i do, play better then the enemy team combined and carry your teammates. Works like a charm every time.
> >
> > I don’t think I’m good enough to be able to do that. Even while picking my battles carefully, I’m often up against two opponents at a time. I normally get one of them, but the second player normally finishes me off.
>
> Yeah, i was just messing around anyways. I agree that the trueskill system they have isnt flawless however after playing many games in Infinity Slayer i seem to be getting alot more even matches now. If I jump into a playlist I’ve never played however my teammates and the other team is usually not as good as me until i play a bunch of games in it. (Not saying i’m the best or anything)
>
> Just takes time for the system to determine where to put you i guess. Hopefully when CSR comes along it’ll be perfect. Fingers crossed.

i think you are correct, cause all i play is BTB and last day or so i only get matched against pretty good players and lots of teams.
so i guess i should be looking for a new playlist now, cause my k/d is going to go waaaaay into the tank if i keep getting matched against good / better players.

The core of this “Halo” is still there, so much wasted potential, and I hate not being able to do anything but suggest, changes, fixes, and add-ons.