This game is in dire need of social playlists

This game really is in dire need of a social playlist. Let me explain why.

The ranking system works great, and I love it, but searching solo in this game is damn near impossible. Today, I am sick and I wanted to play halo for a couple of hours. I don’t like SWAT and can only play so much FFA before I get bored. To bad I’ve got nobody on my friends list to play with right now, so I figured I would try to search solo in Slayer and Arena. It’s impossible, at least in Onyx rankings. I really want to play, but it’s made impossible by the simple fact that everybody plays in teams right now, so against people with similair skill, 9/10 times you will lose. That’s not fun to me. I’ve been thinking about getting another shooter for when nobody is online, but I’d rather stay and play Halo.

They could also only team full teams against other full teams of course, either is fine.

Well big team battle will likely be more social because it will be harder for people to have full teams for it.

Although I agree with you in regards of the fireteams. If you have a full 4 member fireteam efforts should be made to make sure its matched against another premade fireteam.

bump this post. I agree man

Warzone.

> 2533274831669135;1:
> This game really is in dire need of a social playlist. Let me explain why.
>
> The ranking system works great, and I love it, but searching solo in this game is damn near impossible. Today, I am sick and I wanted to play halo for a couple of hours. I don’t like SWAT and can only play so much FFA before I get bored. To bad I’ve got nobody on my friends list to play with right now, so I figured I would try to search solo in Slayer and Arena. It’s impossible, at least in Onyx rankings. I really want to play, but it’s made impossible by the simple fact that everybody plays in teams right now, so against people with similair skill, 9/10 times you will lose. That’s not fun to me. I’ve been thinking about getting another shooter for when nobody is online, but I’d rather stay and play Halo.
>
> They could also only team full teams against other full teams of course, either is fine.

So your complaint is you are getting your butt kicked so you want a gametype so that you will dominate instead of being dominated? Ok. Got it. I would also suspect that there will be changes in ranking so that people like you will get bumped down to a level where you can be competitive. I think as it stands you can go up , but you can’t go back down below the range you are in (I may be wrong about that). Anyway. I fully expect it to get tweaked.

> 2533274825101441;5:
> > 2533274831669135;1:
> > This game really is in dire need of a social playlist. Let me explain why.
> >
> > The ranking system works great, and I love it, but searching solo in this game is damn near impossible. Today, I am sick and I wanted to play halo for a couple of hours. I don’t like SWAT and can only play so much FFA before I get bored. To bad I’ve got nobody on my friends list to play with right now, so I figured I would try to search solo in Slayer and Arena. It’s impossible, at least in Onyx rankings. I really want to play, but it’s made impossible by the simple fact that everybody plays in teams right now, so against people with similair skill, 9/10 times you will lose. That’s not fun to me. I’ve been thinking about getting another shooter for when nobody is online, but I’d rather stay and play Halo.
> >
> > They could also only team full teams against other full teams of course, either is fine.
>
>
> So your complaint is you are getting your butt kicked so you want a gametype so that you will dominate instead of being dominated? Ok. Got it. I would also suspect that there will be changes in ranking so that people like you will get bumped down to a level where you can be competitive. I think as it stands you can go up , but you can’t go back down below the range you are in (I may be wrong about that). Anyway. I fully expect it to get tweaked.

^That’s bait.

Still reacting to it tho, so I am at fault here :slight_smile:

I don’t need a tweak to the ranking system, I need to be able to have fun while searching solo. Right now, I really cannot, because I get matched with people with similair skill, but in full teams AKA almost impossible to win.

BTW, couldn’t resist checking your service record. Really hope these ranking changes come soon for you:)

A lone wolf team slayer game type would be interesting.

Problem with unranked games would be the quitters. It would be a lot worse than it already is.

I totally agree.
The main reason I’d like to see them added is that quite often I’ll be playing late at night, or after a few drinks, for whatever reason I’m just not playing my best, or sometimes I just want to relax and have fun.

I understand that Warzone is an option, but it’s obviously very different from normal PVP, sometimes it’s not what I want to play.

Also, I’m in Australia, and if I’m playing late at night, it’s often impossible to find a match in Warzone, or even most Arena playlists.
I’m often forced to play Slayer, because I can’t find a match anywhere else.

It would also be great if there was some sort of Firefight type mode, or perhaps a modified Warzone Assault mode, where u have to capture the bases from groups of Covie or Promethian AI.
Sometimes you just want to have fun, and not have to compete against other people, or there aren’t enough people online locally to find matches.

I’m really loving the multiplayer in Halo 5, but it’s very limited in available activities at the moment.

I would like more social playlists myself.

My rankings are not very good, and I want to get better but I have the same problem!

> 2533274815192805;4:
> Warzone.

No. One gametype cannot serve as a substitute an entire social playlist.

Agreed the rankings are nice and all but against 4 people working as a unit. They will decimate 4 randoms thrown together most of the time. Though I can see the other side of the coin where they don’t want oynx skill people being matched against gold or bronze. Where you can drop 30 kills solo due to the skill gap. Was really bad in halo 3 when you played against 3 staff captains you could go 30-2 which is fun for you and absolutely sucks for them.

Agreed. Halo is competitive and all but its also supposed to be fun. Not just fill of pro players and tryhards

ye I mostly played Social in the past. BTB coming today I think? I play Battlefront today though :slight_smile:

> 2533274815192805;4:
> Warzone.

That is what I am doing now, but three maps can get old pretty fast.

Agree with the OP and have no idea why its not here already. Its not about stomping noobs, its about being able to play alone or with bad/real life friends without having to worry about the rank all the time.

I agree, I love the ranking system, but sometimes I want to play without my headphones and Skype with a few friends while they play other games.

I hope they add social playlists soon.

I had a forum I posted with some reasons why havinga social playlist would benifit boththe casual and hardcore gamer. I will post my stuff in this so people can compare and see what you think. Remember video games are a lot like politics. If enough people ask for it then it will happen.

Feels like this just needs to be copy pasted every single time the social playlist nonsense comes up, given how apparently nobody knows how they work:

Social playlists are the exact same thing as ranked playlists with looser matching criteria. All you’re asking for is to get matched against someone with a significantly lower skill rating than you, but you’re as likely to be on the other end of that math.

> 2533274792778614;2:
> Well big team battle will likely be more social because it will be harder for people to have full teams for it.
>
> Although I agree with you in regards of the fireteams. If you have a full 4 member fireteam efforts should be made to make sure its matched against another premade fireteam.

BTB is ranked, and like always, it’s easy to get full party of 8. Just like there are always full teams in Warzone.

> 2533274792778614;2:
> Well big team battle will likely be more social because it will be harder for people to have full teams for it.
>
> Although I agree with you in regards of the fireteams. If you have a full 4 member fireteam efforts should be made to make sure its matched against another premade fireteam.

343 still hasn’t done this for mcc. Halo 3 did this great

> 2533274805497312;17:
> Feels like this just needs to be copy pasted every single time the social playlist nonsense comes up, given how apparently nobody knows how they work:
>
> Social playlists are the exact same thing as ranked playlists with looser matching criteria. All you’re asking for is to get matched against someone with a significantly lower skill rating than you, but you’re as likely to be on the other end of that math.

I don’t care, since it’s social. I don’t care as much about winning in social. In rank, I am very competitive and want to win everything, but sometimes I want to play casually and social is the way to go then.