This game is in dire need of a ranked/social divide.

I recently searched for a game of objective. It was 3v3. The enemy team were a full party of high ranks. My team was me, a guy and his guest. These are 2 things that should not happen. Parties matching randoms and guests in competitive games.

This is why there should be 2 seperate categories on matchmaking. Ranked, containing competitive playlists such as slayer, objective, BTB, MLG, team snipers, team doubles, swat and FFA. And social, containing playlists such as rumble pit, social slayer, social invasion, objective, living dead, action sack, mosh pit, social BTB, and multi team.

Here’s a breakdown of how the playlists should work:

Ranked- No guests allowed, parties match parties of equal size ±1 player, possible DLC requirements in certain playlists, cannot here the enemy team, max party size is the same as max team size, possibly implement a trueskill system such as arena or 1-50.

Social- Guests allowed, parties match randoms, can here enemies within close range on team games or all the time in FFA, max party size is equal to the number of players in 1 game, no DLC requirements, much less strict trueskill.

I seriously hope and pray 343 will add something like this. Thoughts?

give one type DLC requirements and the other do not. i would still play ranked most of the time tho.

> give one type DLC requirements and the other do not. i would still play ranked most of the time tho.

Added, good ieda :smiley:

Everyone’s too scared of imitating Halo 2/3, even if it means trashing a solid system and using an inferior one instead.

And every map should revamped for the ranked playlist. Different spawns, different weapons.

> Everyone’s too scared of imitating Halo 2/3, even if it means trashing a solid system and using an inferior one instead.
>
> And every map should revamped for the ranked playlist. Different spawns, different weapons.

Good idea about the weapons and spawns. But why are people scared? This is just a way of seperating the competitives from the casuals. Because honestly games are more fun when you’re playing with like minded people. The only people who I can think wouldn’t like the idea are BTB ful party stat whores…

This system, it makes sense. I like how you put in “It could be Arena or 1-50”. In fact, it could be any ranking system that is based on wins that 343 manages to devise. But that’s beside the point. The only thing wrong with this system would be (and this was a minor issue in Halo 3) amazing players playing social (which contains guests) and steamrolling everybody. Ranked, in this case, should be able to increase and decrease your ranking all the time. No matter if you’re a new player or someone who’s played the game for months. Then, in social, players will be matched by rank in ranked games, albeit more broadly than a ranked search would entail.

> This system, it makes sense. I like how you put in “It could be Arena or 1-50”. In fact, it could be any ranking system that is based on wins that 343 manages to devise. But that’s beside the point. The only thing wrong with this system would be (and this was a minor issue in Halo 3) amazing players playing social (which contains guests) and steamrolling everybody. Ranked, in this case, should be able to increase and decrease your ranking all the time. No matter if you’re a new player or someone who’s played the game for months. Then, in social, players will be matched by rank in ranked games, albeit more broadly than a ranked search would entail.

Glad you like my ideas :smiley:

I don’t think their is a solution to the social stompers D:

BTW when you said you should always be able to rank up or down, did you mean their should be no maximum or minimum rank?

Wow page 3 already? Stupid halofest threads D: