This game is for children.

Thrusters, sprint, what is this? Toy Story 4, the video game starring buzzlight year?

As a 24 year old man I don’t care about this stuff and I honestly feel like 343 thinks I’m incapable of playing without my hand getting held.

I don’t need this kiddie crap spoon feeding me the tools to be successful. I can do that on my own with map knowledge, my guns, and my grenade.

Staying alive use to be a skill of it’s own. You had to know how to use your nades and use the maps geometry to your advantage to outsmart your enemy. Like trick jumps ( Clamber ruins this ) using the map to juke somebody out, knowing extremely smart routs, ect.

Now everything is a tool to dodge crap and I get a medal for every last thing I do. Why? Because all us kiddies are special? We get the same stickers from grade school for doing very little work onto the board now? Oh I hope I get a star that says “great job” and I’m going to be good to get a green slip today. Nobody wants the red slip, oh no. Maybe they will send a note to mommy telling her how good I was today.

Give me a -Yoinking!- break.

If nobody sees this game as an insult to your intelligence, I have no words for you. I played Halo because it was simple and hard to master at top levels which gave me the drive to succeed. You know. Working for your rank? Learning and improving your skills? that is where the fun was. Progressing. When you get on a skateboard it does not flip for you. You have to dedicate years to improve and the satisfaction is landing harder and harder stuff and it’s an amazing feeling, That’s how I use to feel about Halo.

Not because it was for babies. Frozen appeals to me more than this crap, and that’s probably because Disney does not forget the adult audience and they still have a solid structure to their creation.

Everybody gives crap to Nintendo yet their games have always stuck to their core, evolved the correct way, and are actually challenging which makes them fun. I used to be proud to say I played Halo and crush anybody in my town who dare says Halo was easy and 15-0 them. Now I am on their side. Halo is getting easier and caters not to adults, but tiny babies now.

Man you sound like a child. You obviously haven’t played.

If you thinking the game plays on autopilot just because they added a few new features you are sadly mistaken. Skill jumps are still in, and in many ways, harder to pull off. Grenade placement, map knowledge etc. are still key. Skill based ranking is back. Earning medals doesn’t earn you victories, so I have no idea why you are complaining about that. Just play the game, then judge it. Your comments tell me you haven’t. Until then watch some skilled players.

> 2676692992818466;2:
> Man you sound like a child. You obviously haven’t played.
>
> If you thinking the game plays on autopilot just because they added a few new features you are sadly mistaken. Skill jumps are still in, and in many ways, harder to pull off. Grenade placement, map knowledge etc. are still key. Skill based ranking is back. Earning medals doesn’t earn you victories, so I have no idea why you are complaining about that. Just play the game, then judge it. Your comments tell me you haven’t. Until then watch some skilled players.

I have and Walshy already has pretty much said the games longevity is non-existent and that the game is a get out of jail card haven. Walshy, who has always been the smartest player in the game would know what he is talking about.

How many national championships have you won again?

Obviously, this game does not insult you. For that all I have to say is, I’m sorry.

As someone who is almost 21, I agree that none of this stuff is necessary for good gameplay.
Still, conduct yourself as an adult.

> I have and Walshy already has pretty much said the games longevity is non-existent and that the game is a get out of jail card haven. Walshy, who has always been the smartest player in the game would know what he is talking about.

Eh, from what I seen he was critical, but not that critical.

> If you thinking the game plays on autopilot just because they added a few new features you are sadly mistaken

I’ve seen people say Halo 5 is competitive, then I’ve seen those same people complain about how difficult the originals are in the MCC forums.
“A few new features” can go a long way in removing the skill of the game.

> 2535425649312293;3:
> > 2676692992818466;2:
> > Man you sound like a child. You obviously haven’t played.
> >
> > If you thinking the game plays on autopilot just because they added a few new features you are sadly mistaken. Skill jumps are still in, and in many ways, harder to pull off. Grenade placement, map knowledge etc. are still key. Skill based ranking is back. Earning medals doesn’t earn you victories, so I have no idea why you are complaining about that. Just play the game, then judge it. Your comments tell me you haven’t. Until then watch some skilled players.
>
>
>
> I have and Walshy already has pretty much said the games longevity is non-existent and that the game is a get out of jail card haven. Walshy, who has always been the smartest player in the game would know what he is talking about.
>
> How many national championships have you won again?
>
> Obviously, this game does not insult you. For that all I have to say is, I’m sorry.

So walshy gets to decide if the game is worth playing for everyone because he was skilled at the old ones? What childlike logic. How is it a get out of jail haven? Is he saying no one ever dies? That’s simply untrue. Sprinting away from battles leaves you vulnerable, and takes away your ability to score. It’s not a tactic skilled players are employing. There are pro champions working on the game.

You haven’t truly played the game if you are complaining about missing skill jumps, skill based ranking, or hand holding. None of that are truly issues.

This game has less hand holding than Halo2, which held up fine on the competitive circuit, despite heavy aim assist, bullet magnetism, a lock-on weapons. This game has the lowest amount of auto aim in any halo game to date. If you don’t think skilled players will separate themselves from the pack simply because the Spartan can sprint, then you have no idea what you are talking about.

> 2533274819302824;4:
> As someone who is almost 21, I agree that none of this stuff is necessary for good gameplay.
> Still, conduct yourself as an adult.
>
>
>
> > I have and Walshy already has pretty much said the games longevity is non-existent and that the game is a get out of jail card haven. Walshy, who has always been the smartest player in the game would know what he is talking about.
>
>
>
>
> Eh, from what I seen he was critical, but not that critical.
>
>
>
> > If you thinking the game plays on autopilot just because they added a few new features you are sadly mistaken
>
>
>
>
> I’ve seen people say Halo 5 is competitive, then I’ve seen those same people complain about how difficult the originals are in the MCC forums.
> “A few new features” can go a long way in removing the skill of the game.

Sure they ‘can’, but in my experience they haven’t.

The mere existence of thrusters and sprint doesn’t nullify the need to control the map, place grenades well and shoot accurately to get kills

the existence of clamber doesn’t nullify the need to learn the map, and obtain the skill to navigate it quickly and efficiently . Skill jumps are still in, and some are even trickier to pull off, as they requiring perfect timing of the new maneuvers.

The reoccuring theme from detractors is that the new maneuvers are too OP defensively. In practice, that isn’t the case, because they are balanced. They don’t swing the pendulum in either direction. They just add to the sandbox.

I played the originals day 1 from CE to 4. 4 sucks. CE is definately the most difficult to master, because of health packs, fall damage, ladders etc. halo2 was the epitome of handholding when compared to CE. Halo3 wasn’t much different from2.

Halo5 sits squarely in between CE and 2 when it comes to skill gap. It’s so strange to see people accuse H5 of handholding, but then hold H2 so highly. When scoped in H2, the cursor would literally follow enemies across your screen with ZERO input from the player.

I didn’t think it was possible, but you managed to compare Halo 5: Guardians to Disney’s Frozen.

Consider me duly impressed…

I’m impressed. That is all. Maybe very impressed. Thank goodness the world is such that even though we tolerate all opinions, if you’re wrong you’re wrong, if you’re silly you’re silly and you will automatically get left behind. Or laughed at then left behind.

> 2533274808673643;7:
> I didn’t think it was possible, but you managed to compare Halo 5: Guardians to Disney’s Frozen.
>
> Consider me duly impressed…

That’s because, unlike this game, they don’t dumb down a good structure that works for the sake of appealing to little girls. I as an adult can still enjoy it because it’s a good structure. It’s the perfect way to compare what Halo is doing to what other forms of entertainment do. The masses will come if the structure is good. This Halo’s structure looks like a mess and plenty of people have already expressed why. Nobody wants a mess.

I feel less insulted by Frozen as a 24 year old man than a game that is made for “adults”. ( But really, it’s for babies )

Uh huh. OK then. Have fun getting insulted by Halo 5.

The only skill Halo has had for the last 10 years has been the BR. Its about time they change things and add other guns that can actually kill besides the BR. Sniping has never taken any skill its easy whats left to master oh yeah the BR thats it. Sorry but change is coming and for the better. i want more options and guns in MP for $60 not just the BR and Sniper. Do you realize how stripped down the Halo MP has been for the last 13 years. You only get around 12 guns and only 2 or 3 are worth shooting.

If you don’t like the changes than you have the MCC to play forever. Whenever they get that fixed

> 2676692992818466;6:
> > 2533274819302824;4:
> > As someone who is almost 21, I agree that none of this stuff is necessary for good gameplay.
> > Still, conduct yourself as an adult.
> >
> >
> >
> > > I have and Walshy already has pretty much said the games longevity is non-existent and that the game is a get out of jail card haven. Walshy, who has always been the smartest player in the game would know what he is talking about.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Eh, from what I seen he was critical, but not that critical.
> >
> >
> >
> > > If you thinking the game plays on autopilot just because they added a few new features you are sadly mistaken
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I’ve seen people say Halo 5 is competitive, then I’ve seen those same people complain about how difficult the originals are in the MCC forums.
> > “A few new features” can go a long way in removing the skill of the game.
>
>
> Sure they ‘can’, but in my experience they haven’t.
>
> The mere existence of thrusters and sprint doesn’t nullify the need to control the map, place grenades well and shoot accurately to get kills
>
> the existence of clamber doesn’t nullify the need to learn the map, and obtain the skill to navigate it quickly and efficiently . Skill jumps are still in, and some are even trickier to pull off, as they requiring perfect timing of the new maneuvers.
>
> The reoccuring theme from detractors is that the new maneuvers are too OP defensively. In practice, that isn’t the case, because they are balanced. They don’t swing the pendulum in either direction. They just add to the sandbox.
>
> I played the originals day 1 from CE to 4. 4 sucks. CE is definately the most difficult to master, because of health packs, fall damage, ladders etc. halo2 was the epitome of handholding when compared to CE. Halo3 wasn’t much different from2.
>
> Halo5 sits squarely in between CE and 2 when it comes to skill gap. It’s so strange to see people accuse H5 of handholding, but then hold H2 so highly. When scoped in H2, the cursor would literally follow enemies across your screen with ZERO input from the player.

Halo 2 didn’t have the ability to run and dodge and neither did CE. You had to learn smart ways of doing this with what you had and apply it to your play style. You either killed your enemy or died trying. There was no simple escape. You had to earn your escape. Having your shield not recharge does not fix the fact you enemy can…

A. Not keep up with your sprint speed because he is trying to get an angle on you

B. Not shoot you because he is sprinting and is forced to lower his weapon.

The problem is that combat and movement mechanics interrupt each other. Having two different sets of movement speeds is something that destroys Halo’s combat structure. People are not 100% moving at the same speed the entire match like previous installments. I could shoot you and chase you down at the same time unless you have smart position on the map. This crap destroys this concept. There is an imbalance in the sprint and thrust ability themselves that people choose to ignore and act like it’s a fairy tale.

> 2533274799527660;11:
> The only skill Halo has had for the last 10 years has been the BR. Its about time they change things and add other guns that can actually kill besides the BR. Sniping has never taken any skill its easy whats left to master oh yeah the BR thats it. Sorry but change is coming and for the better. i want more options and guns in MP for $60 not just the BR and Sniper. Do you realize how stripped down the Halo MP has been for the last 13 years. You only get around 12 guns and only 2 or 3 are worth shooting.
>
> If you don’t like the changes than you have the MCC to play forever. Whenever they get that fixed

Now this is a post that I agree with. Bunny hopping on wizard with BR is hardly skill, and its almost always who shoots first.

> 2533274799527660;11:
> The only skill Halo has had for the last 10 years has been the BR. Its about time they change things and add other guns that can actually kill besides the BR. Sniping has never taken any skill its easy whats left to master oh yeah the BR thats it. Sorry but change is coming and for the better. i want more options and guns in MP for $60 not just the BR and Sniper. Do you realize how stripped down the Halo MP has been for the last 13 years. You only get around 12 guns and only 2 or 3 are worth shooting.
>
> If you don’t like the changes than you have the MCC to play forever. Whenever they get that fixed

Who said I didn’t want new guns? That’s exactly the type of stuff Halo does need! But no. People would rather float around and keep putting stuff that “is realistic” and “makes sense” in a video game that is NOT realistic and does NOT makes sense. It’s a video game and there were no holes in Halo’s structure that needed to be filled with abilities or sprint in the first place. There is literally nothing these things did to “fix” any problems with Halo that existed. In fact, it took away from the structure that is Halo.

> 2535424893348551;10:
> Uh huh. OK then. Have fun getting insulted by Halo 5.

I probably will. I’m not 3 years old. I want an adult game that started off as a very adult game in the first place.

> 2533274799527660;11:
>

Believe what you want I guess. Maybe not in Halo 2 and Halo 4, but definitely in Ce and 3.

The other weapons could get kills. Just because you can’t shoot across the map with the SMG doesn’t mean the SMG has no purpose.

> 2533274819302824;16:
> > 2533274799527660;11:
> > The only skill Halo has had for the last 10 years has been the BR. Its about time they change things and add other guns that can actually kill besides the BR. Sniping has never taken any skill its easy whats left to master oh yeah the BR thats it. Sorry but change is coming and for the better. i want more options and guns in MP for $60 not just the BR and Sniper. Do you realize how stripped down the Halo MP has been for the last 13 years. You only get around 12 guns and only 2 or 3 are worth shooting.
> >
> > If you don’t like the changes than you have the MCC to play forever. Whenever they get that fixed
>
>
> Believe what you want I guess. Maybe not in Halo 2 and Halo 4, but definitely in Ce and 3.
>
> The other weapons could get kills. Just because you can’t shoot across the map with the SMG doesn’t mean the SMG has no purpose.

Inb4 CE pistol was OP.

People who say CE was ruined by the pistol really have no clue what they’re talking about.

wow bro 343 is trying calm down its Christmas anyways :slight_smile:

Jetpack?! Thought there weren’t jetpacks in this game, are you just hating for fun? Or am I wrong (haven’t played yet!)?

> 2533274881534340;19:
> Jetpack?! Thought there weren’t jetpacks in this game, are you just hating for fun? Or am I wrong (haven’t played yet!)?

Sorry. I mean sprint. My bad. Fixed.