THIS GAME DOESN'T SUCK?

Upon the release and following days of Halo 5: Guardians it is obvious that not everyone is having a splendid time with Sierra 117, Split-lips, and that other spartan on the cover that serves literally no narrative purpose. However this game is not bad. Yes, it isn’t identical to its predescessors, but ironically you would still complain about it if it stayed too close to said previous entries. So the argument exists is Halo 5 good, or bad? Please feel free to relay your ideas, but keep in mind of you don’t like it you could, I don’t know, not play it!?

THE CAMPAIGN:
-Holy crap people are polarized by this one, “I wanna be the chief more, Why are we in squads? Who are these spartans? How can they be spartans without the same training as the chief? Get over cortana!”. Out of all of this, all I can think is who cares? Once again, the game didn’t hit expectations, but is that even the point? The narrative works, and as far as I am concerned makes sense. The only thing that I struggle with is whether or not these other characters are nescessarry. Sure they provide interesting dialogue, but it never bothered me before that chief rarely talked. Point is, not all these people are nescessary, they detract from the good, and leave a story that has no direction, because it has no focus. If they should have changed anything they should have picked a main character! The Chief, Locke, Cortana, hell Buck? I don’t care, but without a primary focus I don’t even know who this story was about. Locke is a copy and paste flat soldier, Chief has never said so much, that meant so little, and cortan’s personality changes (as well as hair does) every game. If you could just mold one it’d be so much better, or focus on the chief and cortana, because that relationship is a tually really interesting! Is Cortana a mother, wife, lover, sister, or what to chief?

THE MULIPLAYER:
-I’m gonna keep this short, and more of a wish-list. The multiplayer is fun, the req system is dumb and designed with your money (not you) in mind. To me Halo Reach had ranks, as well as armor unlocking done perfectly, 'nough said.
The following is a list of minor, crazy minor things that should be reviewed.
-Weapon balancing, every gone feels oddly similar in power, yes evey gone.
-There neeeeeeeeds to be a no booster/smash/sprint/super power mode. Call it classic?
-I WOULD LIKE TO PARTY UP, that is without having to screw around in xbones defunct invite system. In halo 3 I could hit X that’s it!
-why can’t i check peoples stats before a gme or see ranks on the surface?

In conclusion, I liked the campaign, it was weird, but I’ll just remember the moments with chief and cortana for my own sanity. The game plays well, but needs some spit-shine. In the end though it’s a good experience, but needs something extra to make it amazing. I am having a lot of fun, but still don’t know where to place it on a scale. Love it, hate, chief is still a bamofo, and WHY DID YOU MAKE THE ARBITER SO COOL IF YOU CAN’T BE HIM I LOVE HIM MAKE AN ARBUTER ONLY GAME FOR THE LOVE OF GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

> 2533274808335296;1:
> Upon the release and following days of Halo 5: Guardians it is obvious that not everyone is having a splendid time with Sierra 117, Split-lips, and that other spartan on the cover that serves literally no narrative purpose. However this game is not bad. Yes, it isn’t identical to its predescessors, but ironically you would still complain about it if it stayed too close to said previous entries. So the argument exists is Halo 5 good, or bad? Please feel free to relay your ideas, but keep in mind of you don’t like it you could, I don’t know, not play it!?

Nah. People who complain about a game franchise “staying the same” are mostly people who don’t even play it, if you pay attention to them.
For example: People who complain that CoD is the same every year are mostly people who don’t even play CoD.
Same applies to people who’d complain about Halo staying the same. Heck, there are people saying Halo 5 is the same as any other Halo (I kid you not). They’re mostly people who don’t play Halo, and probably don’t even have an Xbox.

So no. Not many would complain about it if it stayed close to previous games.

> 2533274793616507;2:
> > 2533274808335296;1:
> > Upon the release and following days of Halo 5: Guardians it is obvious that not everyone is having a splendid time with Sierra 117, Split-lips, and that other spartan on the cover that serves literally no narrative purpose. However this game is not bad. Yes, it isn’t identical to its predescessors, but ironically you would still complain about it if it stayed too close to said previous entries. So the argument exists is Halo 5 good, or bad? Please feel free to relay your ideas, but keep in mind of you don’t like it you could, I don’t know, not play it!?
>
>
>
> So no. Not many would complain about it if it stayed close to previous games.

I have a hard time agreeing with that, considering all the people that hoped that chief was actually finishing the fight in halo 3. I mean Halo has been around for a long time as far as shooters are concerned, and because of that halo has formed an identity for both itself, and formed by others, leaving it insanley argued to no end. I mean look at what I am doing right now? Haha

> 2533274808335296;3:
> > 2533274793616507;2:
> > > 2533274808335296;1:
> > >
> >
> >
> > So no. Not many would complain about it if it stayed close to previous games.
>
>
> I have a hard time agreeing with that, considering all the people that hoped that chief was actually finishing the fight in halo 3. I mean Halo has been around for a long time as far as shooters are concerned, and because of that halo has formed an identity for both itself, and formed by others, leaving it insanley argued to no end. I mean look at what I am doing right now? Haha

Lol I get what you’re saying, and I’m not saying that no one would argue about it. There definitely would be some arguing against it staying similar to the previous games. But I believe the vast majority of the players wouldn’t complain.

I didn’t hate the story. But I definitely feel like its very confusing to new players or even people coming from Halo 4. I just hope that 343i doesn’t just start slacking on the story so they can make more money in the multiplayer.

> 2533274793616507;2:
> > 2533274808335296;1:
> > Upon the release and following days of Halo 5: Guardians it is obvious that not everyone is having a splendid time with Sierra 117, Split-lips, and that other spartan on the cover that serves literally no narrative purpose. However this game is not bad. Yes, it isn’t identical to its predescessors, but ironically you would still complain about it if it stayed too close to said previous entries. So the argument exists is Halo 5 good, or bad? Please feel free to relay your ideas, but keep in mind of you don’t like it you could, I don’t know, not play it!?
>
>
> Nah. People who complain about a game franchise “staying the same” are mostly people who don’t even play it, if you pay attention to them.
> For example: People who complain that CoD is the same every year are mostly people who don’t even play CoD.
> Same applies to people who’d complain about Halo staying the same. Heck, there are people saying Halo 5 is the same as any other Halo (I kid you not). They’re mostly people who don’t play Halo, and probably don’t even have an Xbox.
>
> So no. Not many would complain about it if it stayed close to previous games.

People would be ecstatic if Halo returned to being in the style of classic Halo. That’s all the major fanbase *wanted ever since after H3.

I like the game lol.

I’ve been a huge fan so far. I’m satisfied with the 3 current modes, and looking forward to December’s update. Onto Legendary solo for me!

Campaign - The reason for the squad mates is not only does it follow the lore but also the emphasis on the SP experience for Halo 5 was 4 player co-op. This way it is well integrated in the story and you don’t just have 4 lockes or 4 master chiefs running around like in past halo games. Also I always found it kind of stupid that Masterchief can take on all these enemies by himself this really makes me feel like it’s believable.

Multiplayer - The weapon balancing should feel like that each gun has their strengths and weaknesses but no gun is irrelevant and completely useless it’s a good thing.

But you do bring up some good points.

> 2533274800274325;9:
> Campaign - The reason for the squad mates is not only does it follow the lore but also the emphasis on the SP experience for Halo 5 was 4 player co-op. This way it is well integrated in the story and you don’t just have 4 lockes or 4 master chiefs running around like in past halo games. Also I always found it kind of stupid that Masterchief can take on all these enemies by himself this really makes me feel like it’s believable.
>
> Multiplayer - The weapon balancing should feel like that each gun has their strengths and weaknesses but no gun is irrelevant and completely useless it’s a good thing.
>
> But you do bring up some good points.

In war zone just do what ever you want with the gun in arena there is weapon balance :slight_smile: