this game could be great if....

Ive played halo since combat evolved and ive watched this series slowly go down hill. So far the beta for halo 5 has my hopes up if 343 make a few necessary changes.

1. Finally make the BR the default spawning weapon.

2. Nerf or remove the currently way over powered assault rifle. As someone who hates the assault rifle and has never given it a second thought in the past ive been using it more than the skill weapons because its so easy to get kills with at any range.

3. Remove the ground pound. Its unnecessary and unbalanced.

Aside from these 3 things the game feels pretty solid, i like the fast paced gameplay and the br finally feels as good as the halo 2 br (maybe even better) but as it stands the AR is just a power weapon. And im honestly shocked at how much im liking the core gameplay since ive hated everything after halo 2.

If nothing else please make the BR the default spawning weapon, we’ve been waiting 11 years…

Please excuse any typos as im posting on my phone.

Its not really balanced if you give people a precision weapon as a starting weapon, the ar as a starter is good

I disagree with default BR starts…I think that they should make it like this
small scale maps - AR + Pistol start

medium scale maps - BR start
Large scale maps - DMR start

Please god, no BR starts, ive had enough of Team Slayer BR over the years in Halo. Im glad theyve returned to AR starts.

Also, the AR isn’t really op at all, it feels just right to me

groundpound, yes its a bit powerful, but its also damn hard to pull off, not to mention it leaves you wide open in the air and for a second or two after landing, its well balanced for such an early build.

Seriously team br on halo 2 is a death sentence

Scratch that, every team br is a death sentence for the unprepared

how is it unbalanced if everyone Spawns with it? And if br spawns are a death sentence for you get good. I shouldnt have to spawn with a noob gun just so you can get kills. True balance means the good players always win. Its not balanced when bad players stand a chance, thats unbalace in favor of people who can only get kills by holding the trigger down… the assault rifle is so overpowered right now. As it stands the ar beats the br at mid range unless the br has a perfect 4 shot. There is zero room for error. So why should anyone use the skill guns when they can hold R for kills?

bump

> 2533274807987164;7:
> how is it unbalanced if everyone Spawns with it? And if br spawns are a death sentence for you get good. I shouldnt have to spawn with a noob gun just so you can get kills. True balance means the good players always win. Its not balanced when bad players stand a chance, thats unbalace in favor of people who can only get kills by holding the trigger down… the assault rifle is so overpowered right now. As it stands the ar beats the br at mid range unless the br has a perfect 4 shot. There is zero room for error. So why should anyone use the skill guns when they can hold R for kills?

go farther away then.