This "feels like halo"

So I have heard plenty of people here on the forums claim that halo 5 “feels like a halo game”. Every time I read that I cringe and throw up in my mouth a little. Really? Unlimited sprint, thruster pack, clamber, sliding, ADS, Spartan charge and ground pound? Terrible aiming mechanics aside, those movement mechanics feel like halo to you? To me that feels like a destiny and call of duty mash up, and let’s be honest nobody wants that. So someone please explain to me how this game “feels like halo”.

It has a Master Chief in it.

The gunplay is most likely what “they” are referring to

It feels Halo-ey enough to me, and it has “Halo” in the title.

Man this game really feels like Halo right guys?

It feels like a Halo game. A better Halo game.

Much of what Halo is for me is fair starts. It depends on what made Halo, Halo, for each person.

> 2533274805497312;6:
> It feels like a Halo game. A better Halo game.

Can you provide any reasons why you think this?

Why is it halo to me? Cuz that arena style combat is still there. Along with fighting for power weapons, map control, using teamwork, longer ttk than twitch shooters, arena based maps. The original series this is what defined halo for me. It wasn’t the non sprint movement or “skill jumps”, or the original aim system(ADS really is a very minor thing as I’ve heard no great arguments vs it) that defined it for me. Everyone’s view of halo will differ from others so no point “throwing up” about how we view it.

It feels nothing at all like any other Halo. People who think it does never played Halo 1-3.

Compared to Halo 4, it is quite the improvement in relation to the original Halo trilogy. Personally, I think clamber is the only new gameplay mechanic that should stay.

> 2533274951433840;3:
> The gunplay is most likely what “they” are referring to

ADS ruins the halo feel to the gunplay if you ask me

To be honest you could slap the light blue HUD on any game and the same people would say it “feels like Halo”

It feels like an EVOLVED Halo, some people can’t come to terms with that and say this isn’t Halo anymore

You lost me with the “Halo 5 seems like a Destiny and COD mashup.”

> 2533274792820475;8:
> > 2533274805497312;6:
> > It feels like a Halo game. A better Halo game.
>
>
> Can you provide any reasons why you think this?

Multiplayer balance and variety. Weapon balancing. Map control and aiming priority. Campaign is Spartans busting on aliens.

> 2533274792820475;1:
> So I have heard plenty of people here on the forums claim that halo 5 “feels like a halo game”. Every time I read that I cringe and throw up in my mouth a little. Really? Unlimited sprint, thruster pack, clamber, sliding, ADS, Spartan charge and ground pound? Terrible aiming mechanics aside, those movement mechanics feel like halo to you? To me that feels like a destiny and call of duty mash up, and let’s be honest nobody wants that. So someone please explain to me how this game “feels like halo”.

mutiple headshots matter, ar melee combo still works, red vs blue, red doll momentum based deaths, all things that myself, identify with a HALO game,

so yes, to me, this FEELS like halo. personally, i will say halo 5 feels more like 3, then it ever will halo 4 (the cod one). all of the things you listed, SPICE up halo with a modern shooter touch. every game has been sped up to some extent of the word. it was smart for halo 5 to follow suit.

the new things, don’t change the CORE. and to ME (ask you asked for) the core was not changed to the point this isn’t a halo game.

Edit… the only thing that changed was how you move around the map. if they did a gears of war judgement, then i would have to agree with you lol

Feels like Halo to me. I just played H3 yesterday, and I vastly prefer H5.

> 2535467131658127;10:
> It feels nothing at all like any other Halo. People who think it does never played Halo 1-3.

I’ve played since CE and to me this feels more like Halo than Reach or Halo 4. When I say feels like Halo, I mean multiplayer gameplay feeling like Halo. Loadouts and armor abilities do not belong in Halo. As for the movement mechanics, they’re long overdue. Sprint was nearly in Halo 2. Thrusting is an obvious solution to more mobility. I enjoy clamber and have no problems with spartan charge and ground pound.

> 2560752109561871;19:
> > 2535467131658127;10:
> > It feels nothing at all like any other Halo. People who think it does never played Halo 1-3.
>
>
> I’ve played since CE and to me this feels more like Halo than Reach or Halo 4. When I say feels like Halo, I mean multiplayer gameplay feeling like Halo. Loadouts and armor abilities do not belong in Halo. As for the movement mechanics, they’re long overdue. Sprint was nearly in Halo 2. Thrusting is an obvious solution to more mobility. I enjoy clamber and have no problems with spartan charge and ground pound.

ditto