Third day in a row....."Retrieving Data...."

I’m just so annoyed right now.
For the past 3 straight days, I’ve been having “retrieving data” error.
Can’t do reqs, can’t see points, can’t do forge, can’t see stats, etc.
edit: I can’t even start a customs match… :confused:

343, why haven’t you addressed this yet??
I realize this isn’t an issue for many people, but some of us are experiencing it and it’s just frustrating.

I’ve lost count on both the number of times I’ve come across this problem and also the amount of threads on this issue. This is definitely a big issue that needs attention. 343 needs to step up and fix this before releasing things like more skins and emblems.

> 2533274853719288;2:
> I’ve lost count on both the number of times I’ve come across this problem and also the amount of threads on this issue. This is definitely a big issue that needs attention. 343 needs to step up and fix this before releasing things like more skins and emblems.

I agree.
It’s gotten so bad over the past few days that it’s actually making me considering just quitting Halo 5 and just asking for a refund due to it not working correctly half the time.
I’ve got 30 down on xfinity, open nat, and everything checks out on my end. This shouldn’t be happening. It’s only an issue for Halo 5.

XBL has also been pretty wonky the past few days so I think it’s something with Azure maybe instead. Not entirely sure.

This is the first time I’ve read about it affecting someone like this so much… So this is news to me.

> 2533274809220485;5:
> This is the first time I’ve read about it affecting someone like this so much… So this is news to me.

quite a few people over at reddit have this issue as well -> https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/46mzzg/retrieving_data_all_day_long/
And if you search for it in the forums on here or on r/halo, you’ll find at least a few posts about this issue per day.