Thinking of Pulling my Pre Ordrer

I don’t care if this post gets frozen or whatever you guys are doing to censor the frustrations and hurt from fans.

But I am honestly thinking of pulling my collectors edition pre order until splitscreen comes back. I don’t think you grasp how truly important this feature was for some friends. If your only excuse was “So it can look smooth and pretty” then you need to set your priorities straight. So what if there is a small detriment on local coop. We don’t play coop to admire every pixel when the screen is cut up into halves and quarters.

Out of respect I am not going to provide some massive rant of swearing and abuse right now but what you have done is incredibly dumb. Anyway I am not here to debate. Fact is you have done a wrong thing to the Halo Legacy. Which ironically I thought you considered important.

ok, have fun

Just go dude, no one is stopping you, and neither is this threat going to get split screen back into the game. The game has moved on. It is final.

It’s definitely not coming back so, at least you get to save your money.

Oh yeah, it’s also going to be EXCELLENT not to have John, John(1), John(2) and John(3) -Yoinking!- up my big team battles, just to be followed with X has left the game, and reduced my team by half.

Exeunt, Kakashi Lord!

Seriously, why does everyone feel the need to make a grandstanding farewell post? Just go. And don’t let the sliding future-door “shush” you on the way out.

> 2728296738564166;5:
> Oh yeah, it’s also going to be EXCELLENT not to have John, John(1), John(2) and John(3) -Yoinking!- up my big team battles, just to be followed with X has left the game, and reduced my team by half.

Considering JIP is back, that wouldn’t have been a problem in the first place.

But if putting down people who support splitscreen makes you feel better about yourself, go right ahead.

The fanbase isn’t passionate about quality control anymore. If 343i dropped forge at some point I wouldn’t be surprised if people supported that decision too.
343i aren’t the kind of studio I’d trust to produce a quality game when left to their own devices the way Rockstar, Epic Games, FROM Software, CD Projekt, Rocksteady, Naughty Dog, Bungie etc can. 343i have so much feedback and yet manage to make dumb design decisions constantly, what can I say…

> 2533274810150284;6:
> Exeunt, Kakashi Lord!
>
> Seriously, why does everyone feel the need to make a grandstanding farewell post? Just go. And don’t let the sliding future-door “shush” you on the way out.

Why is local coop such a bad thing? Why is such a core experience being CUT from the game. You don’t seem to comprehend what some fans feel about this game.

> 2535432359236232;7:
> > 2728296738564166;5:
> > Oh yeah, it’s also going to be EXCELLENT not to have John, John(1), John(2) and John(3) -Yoinking!- up my big team battles, just to be followed with X has left the game, and reduced my team by half.
>
>
> Considering JIP is back, that wouldn’t have been a problem in the first place.
>
> But if putting down people who support splitscreen makes you feel better about yourself, go right ahead.

Be honest, JiP never worked really good. You’re still going to have a disadvantage. Those minutes where you’re 4 down, the opposite team will have a field day of capturing flags and objectives. And having 4 dudes playing on one monitor, is never really 100% optimal. When we brodown, we sit in my flat, pizza on the table, 4x24" and for xboxes, playing slayer all night. The way it’s ,want to be played.

> 2533274796617122;8:
> The fanbase isn’t passionate about quality control anymore. If 343i dropped forge at some point I wouldn’t be surprised if people supported that decision too.
> 343i aren’t the kind of studio I’d trust to produce a quality game when left to their own devices the way Rockstar, Epic Games, FROM Software, CD Projekt, Rocksteady, Naughty Dog, Bungie etc can. 343i have so much feedback and yet manage to make dumb design decisions constantly, what can I say…

I just can’t believe it. They are in no position to make an assumption that lifelong fans are just going to sway over. My cousin can’t afford an Xbox One, he comes over to play coop, what is their answer to that? Stiff?
What if we don’t want to play online multiplayer? Tough don’t care.
What if the internet is down and we simply can’t play multiplayer? We don’t want to appease all fans.

I can’t understand the overwhelmingly negative response with people just agreeing with this and then think bullying these fans into submission is the only way to make themselves feel better. This is a critique of a game, if it doesn’t have a feature I want it will effect how I enjoy the game. It is so backwards.

> 2533274815946143;9:
> > 2533274810150284;6:
> > Exeunt, Kakashi Lord!
> >
> > Seriously, why does everyone feel the need to make a grandstanding farewell post? Just go. And don’t let the sliding future-door “shush” you on the way out.
>
>
> Why is local coop such a bad thing? Why is such a core experience being CUT from the game. You don’t seem to comprehend what some fans feel about this game.

Talk about an overstatement. Local co-op is not a core experience of the game. If you really don’t enjoy the game for anything other than local co-op, then begone along with it.

> 2728296738564166;5:
> Oh yeah, it’s also going to be EXCELLENT not to have John, John(1), John(2) and John(3) -Yoinking!- up my big team battles, just to be followed with X has left the game, and reduced my team by half.

I’m against that aspect and it is annoying. But I’m talking campaign, and just simple local multiplayer, and whenever I do splitscreen multiplayer over Xbox live I keep it to a private party.

Would be nice to at least have a choice to play a feature that has been in Halo since the first one.

> 2535432359236232;7:
> > 2728296738564166;5:
> > Oh yeah, it’s also going to be EXCELLENT not to have John, John(1), John(2) and John(3) -Yoinking!- up my big team battles, just to be followed with X has left the game, and reduced my team by half.
>
>
> Considering JIP is back, that wouldn’t have been a problem in the first place.
>
> But if putting down people who support splitscreen makes you feel better about yourself, go right ahead.

Only in Warzone. BTB is most likely going to be a playlist in Arena, and 343 has said that JIP will only be in Warzone.

> 2533274815946143;11:
> > 2533274796617122;8:
> > The fanbase isn’t passionate about quality control anymore. If 343i dropped forge at some point I wouldn’t be surprised if people supported that decision too.
> > 343i aren’t the kind of studio I’d trust to produce a quality game when left to their own devices the way Rockstar, Epic Games, FROM Software, CD Projekt, Rocksteady, Naughty Dog, Bungie etc can. 343i have so much feedback and yet manage to make dumb design decisions constantly, what can I say…
>
>
> I just can’t believe it. They are in no position to make an assumption that lifelong fans are just going to sway over. My cousin can’t afford an Xbox One, he comes over to play coop, what is their answer to that? Stiff?
> What if we don’t want to play online multiplayer? Tough don’t care.
> What if the internet is down and we simply can’t play multiplayer? We don’t want to appease all fans.
>
> I can’t understand the overwhelmingly negative response with people just agreeing with this and then think bullying these fans into submission is the only way to make themselves feel better. This is a critique of a game, if it doesn’t have a feature I want it will effect how I enjoy the game. It is so backwards.

Excuse me, did you just include Bungie in your top companies whom have earned your trust?

> 2533274810150284;12:
> > 2533274815946143;9:
> > > 2533274810150284;6:
> > > Exeunt, Kakashi Lord!
> > >
> > > Seriously, why does everyone feel the need to make a grandstanding farewell post? Just go. And don’t let the sliding future-door “shush” you on the way out.
> >
> >
> > Why is local coop such a bad thing? Why is such a core experience being CUT from the game. You don’t seem to comprehend what some fans feel about this game.
>
>
> Talk about an overstatement. Local co-op is not a core experience of the game. If you really don’t enjoy the game for anything other than local co-op, then begone along with it.

I enjoy the other features. But it has been in Halo ever since the first Halo and it is the way multiplayer started in the franchise. Unless you can prove me wrong and show me that it didn’t exist in that game. Saying it is or isn’t a core experience maybe subjective, but you can’t deny it has been an integrated feature in every single game since its creation.

If you have nothing nice to say don’t say it. I don’t have anything against you even with that slight bullying comment. I am allowed to complain. I am a customer. My friends are customers. We play Halo for all it’s features and especially Coop. If they decided to get rid of the campaign and said “Because the present focuses on multiplayer only” how would you react? I know it isn’t the same thing but for people that love coop it feels like that.

> 2728296738564166;15:
> > 2533274815946143;11:
> > > 2533274796617122;8:
> > > The fanbase isn’t passionate about quality control anymore. If 343i dropped forge at some point I wouldn’t be surprised if people supported that decision too.
> > > 343i aren’t the kind of studio I’d trust to produce a quality game when left to their own devices the way Rockstar, Epic Games, FROM Software, CD Projekt, Rocksteady, Naughty Dog, Bungie etc can. 343i have so much feedback and yet manage to make dumb design decisions constantly, what can I say…
> >
> >
> > I just can’t believe it. They are in no position to make an assumption that lifelong fans are just going to sway over. My cousin can’t afford an Xbox One, he comes over to play coop, what is their answer to that? Stiff?
> > What if we don’t want to play online multiplayer? Tough don’t care.
> > What if the internet is down and we simply can’t play multiplayer? We don’t want to appease all fans.
> >
> > I can’t understand the overwhelmingly negative response with people just agreeing with this and then think bullying these fans into submission is the only way to make themselves feel better. This is a critique of a game, if it doesn’t have a feature I want it will effect how I enjoy the game. It is so backwards.
>
>
> Excuse me, did you just include Bungie in your top companies whom have earned your trust?

Where did I say that? They lost any trust I had in them after Destiny anyway.

I myself am Extremely Disappointed that Split Screen isn’t in the Campaign, My friend and I have played Every Halo from start to finish on Legendary and it would be great to do so with Halo 5. That being said, SS being cut from Halo 5 is not going to make me Cancel a Pre-order, and it most certainly isn’t going to sway me away from buying my Favorite Game Franchise of all. I’ve played every halo since they have released and I will continue to play them, why? Because of my Love for the Halo Universe.

> 2533274815946143;16:
> > 2533274810150284;12:
> > > 2533274815946143;9:
> > > > 2533274810150284;6:
> > > > Exeunt, Kakashi Lord!
> > > >
> > > > Seriously, why does everyone feel the need to make a grandstanding farewell post? Just go. And don’t let the sliding future-door “shush” you on the way out.
> > >
> > >
> > > Why is local coop such a bad thing? Why is such a core experience being CUT from the game. You don’t seem to comprehend what some fans feel about this game.
> >
> >
> > Talk about an overstatement. Local co-op is not a core experience of the game. If you really don’t enjoy the game for anything other than local co-op, then begone along with it.
>
>
> I enjoy the other features. But it has been in Halo ever since the first Halo and it is the way multiplayer started in the franchise. Unless you can prove me wrong and show me that it didn’t exist in that game. Saying it is or isn’t a core experience maybe subjective, but you can’t deny it has been an integrated feature in every single game since its creation.
>
> If you have nothing nice to say don’t say it. I don’t have anything against you even with that slight bullying comment. I am allowed to complain. I am a customer. My friends are customers. We play Halo for all it’s features and especially Coop. If they decided to get rid of the campaign and said “Because the present focuses on multiplayer only” how would you react? I know it isn’t the same thing but for people that love coop it feels like that.

True, but only because it was the only way multiplayer could be done since XBox Live didn’t exist

Split screen is something the minority utilizes. It needed to be cut for the greater good of the game, so it was cut. Simple as that. It’s the same as the sprint argument. 11% hate it, the rest either don’t mind or like it. So, sprint stays to appease to the majority.