Thinking about buying Halo Wars...

Well, as the title says, I’m thinking about buying Halo Wars, and I’m doing it TODAY. I was just wondering if the platinum hits version is worth the extra money, or if the game is even worth it. What do you think I should do?

Halo Wars is the #1 best selling console rts in history for a reason.

I bought the online version and loved it. Can play it on multiple consoles - no problem. The disc version i think comes with the DLC for free? If not - get the online version. It’s nice as I’ve burned through 2 discs prior.

> I bought the online version and loved it. Can play it on multiple consoles - no problem. The disc version i think comes with the DLC for free? If not - get the online version. It’s nice as I’ve burned through 2 discs prior.

OP, you don’t need the DLC. 1’s maps favor one leader heavily, 2’s map is pretty cool, and 3’s map is trash.
but i agree, buy the version on the marketplace, i’m on my 2nd copy as well.

It’s a great game, I don’t know if platinum hit’s version comes with anything special. Platinum hits are generally just games that have sold a lot of copies.

> It’s a great game, I don’t know if platinum hit’s version comes with anything special. Platinum hits are generally just games that have sold a lot of copies.

Actually the Platinum Hits edition comes with the DLC maps and bonus gametypes. It’s the complete game for only $20.

I’m actually considering buying the DLC. I don’t play it online anymore, but a couple of new maps for offline play would be fun…

It’s just that it’s still overpriced, I think. Haven’t checked in a while.

Well, since the last post on this thread I have bought the Platinum Hits edition (I got it new for $10) and beat the campaign. I am happy that I bought the game.

There is no difference between the platinum version and the regular version BUT the limited edition that’s the one that has the cover with all of the elites that version of the game has some extra missions that are NOT on the other versions of the game.

But you should just purchase the regular version or the limited edition version.