Think I have a massive Jiralhanae crush on Atriox.

Seriously, I’ve always been a fan of brutes, even that -Yoink- head Tartarus, but Atriox is exactly how a brute Warlord is meant to be, Not a lumbering, overly aggressive adrenaline filled monster that could tear the arms off a Sangheili or a Spartan, well yes, he’s that, but he’s also a calm, collected commander, both savage and cunning in what little we’ve seen of him.

Not only is he an excellent character, but he’s also played how I like to play RTS’s and that’s defensively, I like long drawn out, satisfying games.
I’m not saying constantly warthog rushing isn’t a viable tactic, but it’s anything but satisfying.

Personally, I hope he isn’t killed in halo wars 2, I’d love to go toe to toe with him on foot as well, here’s hoping for a brute filled halo 6.
If any brute is dying in the finale, I hope its his second in command, Desimus.

Having said that, What’s everyone else’s thoughts on Atriox and the line up of commanders we have at launch?

I love Atriox ! I hope he is the start to the Brutes coming back into the Halo foreground and 343 can see that people also love the Brutes.

I am satisfied with his introduction into the series and I hope he doesn’t get killed either or at least in this game

maybe he will be like arbiter and turn good to fight cortana it would be nice to see brutes as allies against Promethean’s hey look its a brute lets kill it ban hammer boom im laughing just thinking about it

> 2535430336598763;4:
> maybe he will be like arbiter and turn good to fight cortana it would be nice to see brutes as allies against Promethean’s hey look its a brute lets kill it ban hammer boom im laughing just thinking about it

I doubt it. It was heavily stressed in the RT @ E3 interview that Atriox was a bad, BAD dude.

Atriox…the tenacity of a Brute and the skill and discipline of an Elite! No wonder we all like him!

I would say Atriox is more the exception to the rule of Brutes than anything. Characteristically, Brutes that lead their Packs lead them until someone stronger takes their place. In Atriox, not only is he larger than most Brutes (from what we can tell), he’s also a lot smarter than most Brutes too.

Brutes aren’t typically known for their tactical insight. The have more of a “Can I kill it? And when I kill it, can I eat it?” Mindset to them. This mind set usually leads to them rushing and attempting to overpower the target, despite being at a disadvantage.

Atriox is primed to show us what happens when a Brute learns, when a Brute thinks, when a Brute works out a plan beyond “Hunt it down and kill it.” He’s gonna show us what happens when a Brute thinks about the “How, where and why” of strategy.