Things worth tweaking and changing in Halo 5

I’ve enjoyed Halo 5 quite a bit. It’s significantly better than Halo 4 and finely tuned and polished. While I wasn’t impressed with most of the campaign (although I understand why it was set up the way it was for the flow of the story), I find the multiplayer to be a lot of fun, though sometimes a bit too fast and I often yearn for a bit more player longevity. That being said, I think there’s a lot of potential for this game and it’s already looking much brighter than it ever was for Halo 4.

Here’s a few things I’ve noticed that are worth changing:

Radar range in Arena is just too short
-I understand that 343i is going for a close-quarters, high-intensity experience but I just feel that the radar is not big enough. You only seem to detect people around the next corner. It doesn’t need to be as large as the radar in Warzone, to the point of taking away all suspense, but it should be made a tad bigger.

Remove Slayer and Breakout from the Team Arena playlist
-I’m not really sure why these are in here, considering they both have their own playlists. Slayer is a good, basic mode but it just seems unnecessary to have it in Team Arena. Breakout, while being genuinely innovative and a good addition to the series, is easily a polarizing mode, akin to SWAT. I see Team Arena as being the objective mode playlist. Just having CTF and Strongholds would fulfill that and more modes could be added as time goes on.

Let us play Warzone maps in Custom Games
-I know that might be tricky to properly implement since REQ cards are an integral part of Warzone but I find it a bit odd that we can’t simply explore these maps on our own or play other modes on them. I also realized that there’s no way to test out vehicles on our own since only Arena maps are available in Custom Games and Forge isn’t coming until December. I hope both these maps and vehicles will be in Customs soon.

That’s honestly all I can think of right now, as far as things that are prevalent “issues” and quick to rectify. That’s definitely saying something as to how much more of a quality Halo 343i has made this time around. I’m largely quite pleased but there’s still tweaking and polishing to be done, as always.

Thanks a lot for your time and consideration!

Add the lack of info in the pre-game to that.

Also I don’t understand the kill-count for bosses in wz, you can decrease it’s lifebar for 75% and still not get the kill. Giving it the ‘final hit’ doesn’t seem to trigger it either.

> 2533274822660093;2:
> Add the lack of info in the pre-game to that.
>
> Also I don’t understand the kill-count for bosses in wz, you can decrease it’s lifebar for 75% and still not get the kill. Giving it the ‘final hit’ doesn’t seem to trigger it either.

Yeah, pre-game info is needed.

What do you mean about kill-count? Like someone stealing the kill with the final shot?

One more thing:

Camera should be movable after being killed
-It’s nice to be able to look around for a moment to see where you got killed from or where enemies are. This was always a feature in past Halo games so I’m not sure why the camera is now locked. I know this is very minor but it’s a nice touch.

> 2533274812044091;3:
> > 2533274822660093;2:
> > Add the lack of info in the pre-game to that.
> >
> > Also I don’t understand the kill-count for bosses in wz, you can decrease it’s lifebar for 75% and still not get the kill. Giving it the ‘final hit’ doesn’t seem to trigger it either.
>
>
> Yeah, pre-game info is needed.
>
> What do you mean about kill-count? Like someone stealing the kill with the final shot?

Who actually gets the kill (medal). I wonder how they count this. Most damage is not it, done that a lot without getting the kill. Final hit can’t be either, since multiple players can get the kill, at once.

> 2533274812044091;4:
> One more thing:
>
> Camera should be movable after being killed
> -It’s nice to be able to look around for a moment to see where you got killed from or where enemies are. This was always a feature in past Halo games so I’m not sure why the camera is now locked. I know this is very minor but it’s a nice touch.

You can’t in wz, you should actually. But in regular arena matches you can, although sometimes it doesnt seem to work…

> 2533274822660093;5:
> > 2533274812044091;3:
> > > 2533274822660093;2:
> > > Add the lack of info in the pre-game to that.
> > >
> > > Also I don’t understand the kill-count for bosses in wz, you can decrease it’s lifebar for 75% and still not get the kill. Giving it the ‘final hit’ doesn’t seem to trigger it either.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, pre-game info is needed.
> >
> > What do you mean about kill-count? Like someone stealing the kill with the final shot?
>
>
> Who actually gets the kill (medal). I wonder how they count this. Most damage is not it, done that a lot without getting the kill. Final hit can’t be either, since multiple players can get the kill, at once.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274812044091;4:
> > One more thing:
> >
> > Camera should be movable after being killed
> > -It’s nice to be able to look around for a moment to see where you got killed from or where enemies are. This was always a feature in past Halo games so I’m not sure why the camera is now locked. I know this is very minor but it’s a nice touch.
>
>
> You can’t in wz, you should actually. But in regular arena matches you can, although sometimes it doesnt seem to work…

I would assume that whoever does the final hit on the boss that lowers its health to zero would get credit/the medal, although I could be wrong.

Yeah, you ought to be able to move the camera in both Warzone and Arena. I do hope they fix that.