Things WILL get better.

Hey halo community. Constantly you hear that things will get better regarding multiplayer for halo. Many didn’t like the chaotic randomness of halo 4, they wanted classic halo. And I just want to quickly show this whole situation from my perspective.
Things WILL get better. All signs point to it. There are the obvious things. Such as 343 hiring one of the masterminds behind Starcraft 2’s supposedly amazing ranking system, don’t deny it. He’s not here to make Frankie a sandwich, he’s here to make a ranking system! Also look at the weapon tuning. It’s made for us guys. 4 shot BR, BOOM 11 shots for consistency baby. 7 shot halo 3 carbine FTW. Team Throwdown is the competitive community’s melting pot. Legendary Slayer for you halo 2/3 lovers.
But then there is this one, small, subtle change in the ‘pro’ slayer variant that truly hit the nail on the coffin. Before we saw our load out choices in order A:
DMR
BR
Carbine
Light Rifle
Now we have order B:
BR
DMR
Carbine
Light Rifle
The difference? BR is at top. Classic halo.
Believe, BEEELLLIIIEEEEVVVVEEEE.

I don’t think BR should be at the top :confused: no weapon should be, they should be equal, I am excited for the upcoming weeks of Halo 4 (weapon tuning and Slayer Pro will be great together), 343 will learn from their mistakes

It’s quite obvious and good things are getting better, but it’s a shame things had to get this bad in the first place.

> It’s quite obvious and good things are getting better, but it’s a shame things had to get this bad in the first place.

Yeah :confused: it gave 343 a bad rep, which I feel they don’t deserve

Alright OP where have I seen you before? I know I have

> Alright OP where have I seen you before? I know I have

I sit in streams and occasionally troll homies in Ninja’s stream.

Oh look here, the bulletin has more proof 343 is going back to halo. Fixing KotH, random weapon spawns and player spawns sound great to me.
Lol

After reading the new bulletin things are looking up

lol Halo shouldve gotten better a month after release, they already lost all their players by waiting this long. Oh yeah, how much longer for that “improved SC2” ranking system? You expect me to check the game and website for a year to see if they fixed it? 343 could’ve fixed stuff much sooner and they didn’t. End of story.

> lol Halo shouldve gotten better a month after release, they already lost all their players by waiting this long. Oh yeah, how much longer for that “improved SC2” ranking system? You expect me to check the game and website for a year to see if they fixed it? 343 could’ve fixed stuff much sooner and they didn’t. End of story.

Halo 2 didn’t, it was very broken and bad prepatch

> lol Halo shouldve gotten better a month after release, they already lost all their players by waiting this long. Oh yeah, how much longer for that “improved SC2” ranking system? You expect me to check the game and website for a year to see if they fixed it? 343 could’ve fixed stuff much sooner and they didn’t. End of story.

I’m sorry. I should’ve made this more clear. I’m referring to things getting better in future installments, of course there won’t be a ranking system in-game. Next time though, take a nicer approach to arguing.

at least they have released a TU. Bungie did not do a TU for REACH, 343 did (Nearly 2 years after launch).

Remember Halo 3 didn’t become great until after its TU.

Lets hope Halo 4 is the same.

Shouldn’t have taken this long but I am excited that things are looking up. Hopefully they stay on the trend of bringing it back to older Halos.

The Bulletin was great, im excited to hear that weapon spawns will be changed/added. So will player and vehicle spawns/choice.

I didnt expect that to happen, so it was refreshing to read. Not to mention the weapon updates sound great. There were times where i played recently where a 4 shot BR wouldve been great to have.

> > lol Halo shouldve gotten better a month after release, they already lost all their players by waiting this long. Oh yeah, how much longer for that “improved SC2” ranking system? You expect me to check the game and website for a year to see if they fixed it? 343 could’ve fixed stuff much sooner and they didn’t. End of story.
>
> at least they have released a TU. Bungie did not do a TU for REACH, 343 did (Nearly 2 years after launch).
>
> Remember Halo 3 didn’t become great until after its TU.
>
> Lets hope Halo 4 is the same.

I’m pretty sure Bungie didn’t do a TU for Reach because Microsoft wanted 343 to do it, or Bungie let 343 do it because it was being handed over to them. I’m sure if Bungie wasn’t leaving Halo during Reach they would’ve pushed out a TU much faster.

> The Bulletin was great, im excited to hear that weapon spawns will be changed/added. So will player and vehicle spawns/choice.
>
> I didnt expect that to happen, so it was refreshing to read. Not to mention the weapon updates sound great. There were times where i played recently where a 4 shot BR wouldve been great to have.

I’m excited to see it in practice now

> > > lol Halo shouldve gotten better a month after release, they already lost all their players by waiting this long. Oh yeah, how much longer for that “improved SC2” ranking system? You expect me to check the game and website for a year to see if they fixed it? 343 could’ve fixed stuff much sooner and they didn’t. End of story.
> >
> > at least they have released a TU. Bungie did not do a TU for REACH, 343 did (Nearly 2 years after launch).
> >
> > Remember Halo 3 didn’t become great until after its TU.
> >
> > Lets hope Halo 4 is the same.
>
> I’m pretty sure Bungie didn’t do a TU for Reach because Microsoft wanted 343 to do it, or Bungie let 343 do it because it was being handed over to them. I’m sure if Bungie wasn’t leaving Halo during Reach they would’ve pushed out a TU much faster.

I personally think Bungie wanted to deter people from Halo so Destiny has less competition

Sorry to burst everyones bubble, but HALO 4 will not get better. and its for one reason. Sprint. Even if you take it out of a gametype, the maps are still designed for it and aren’t small enough like HALO CE-3 maps… and if there are forged maps for it… well… they are forged maps and not nearly as exciting. HALO will never be HALO again because of this feature and they won’t take it out for HALO 5 unfortunately either.

Yes, it’s getting better. I already loved Halo 4, but now it’s going to be amazing.

But the LR tuning is making me so depressed…

Some things are getting better. I wouldn’t praise weapon tuning yet though, it may end up hurting the game. Or maybe not. But if 343i could mess up a simple X for a good long time…I can definitely see weapon tuning falling apart.

That said I’ll be really impressed if they ever get around to custom game options. That is really the last bastion I’m waiting out on that can be improved.