Things to keep, things to change?

If it’s possible, am hoping to invite a tidy, civil discussion of this topic.

What about Halo 4 would you like to see carried forward and why, what do you think needs to be scrapped or overhauled and why/how, and of course what do you ache to see return from past titles that was non-present in Halo 4.

…Kinda want to see reactions and opinions before I post a craplong rant of my own though because nobody likes a discussion thread where the OP rants for three years before you can post.

I want custom loadouts kept since they allow for the game t not be just BR BR BR BR etc. and allows people to select their preferred weapon. However they need to remove plasma pistol/grenades along with the boltshot which is the only bad thing about loadouts IMO since most of the hate goes towards those weapons.

I would also want AAs kept for reasons I’ve said numerous times on these forums.

Keep Loadouts, but remove the choice for Secondary and Grenades, you can still choose your AA and Primary

Keep: Dominion
Remove: Boltshot
Keep: Crawlers!
Remove: Plasma Pistol and the option to choose grenades from Loadouts

> I want custom loadouts kept since they allow for the game t not be just BR BR BR BR etc. and allows people to select their preferred weapon. However they need to remove plasma pistol/grenades along with the boltshot which is the only bad thing about loadouts IMO since most of the hate goes towards those weapons.
>
> I would also want AAs kept for reasons I’ve said numerous times on these forums.

Those are the some of the main reasons Loadouts are hated by many.

> Keep: Dominion
> Remove: <mark>Boltshot</mark>
> Keep: Crawlers!
> Remove: <mark>Plasma Pistol and the option to choose grenades from Loadouts</mark>

Remove the option to choose what pistol and grenade you want

> > Keep: Dominion
> > Remove: <mark>Boltshot</mark>
> > Keep: Crawlers!
> > Remove: <mark>Plasma Pistol and the option to choose grenades from Loadouts</mark>
>
> Remove the option to choose what pistol and grenade you want

Boltshot is way too powerful and either needs to be removed or made as a power weapon drop.

I wouldn’t mind if they just lowered the count of starting grenades to 1 then force you to only have frag grenades.

> > > Keep: Dominion
> > > Remove: <mark>Boltshot</mark>
> > > Keep: Crawlers!
> > > Remove: <mark>Plasma Pistol and the option to choose grenades from Loadouts</mark>
> >
> > Remove the option to choose what pistol and grenade you want
>
> Boltshot is way too powerful and either needs to be removed or made as a power weapon drop.
>
> I wouldn’t mind if they just lowered the count of starting grenades to 1 then force you to only have frag grenades.

The Boltshot is fine as an on map weapon

> > > > Keep: Dominion
> > > > Remove: <mark>Boltshot</mark>
> > > > Keep: Crawlers!
> > > > Remove: <mark>Plasma Pistol and the option to choose grenades from Loadouts</mark>
> > >
> > > Remove the option to choose what pistol and grenade you want
> >
> > Boltshot is way too powerful and either needs to be removed or made as a power weapon drop.
> >
> > I wouldn’t mind if they just lowered the count of starting grenades to 1 then force you to only have frag grenades.
>
> The Boltshot is fine as an on map weapon

As long as we don’t have 10 of them running around.

> > > > > Keep: Dominion
> > > > > Remove: <mark>Boltshot</mark>
> > > > > Keep: Crawlers!
> > > > > Remove: <mark>Plasma Pistol and the option to choose grenades from Loadouts</mark>
> > > >
> > > > Remove the option to choose what pistol and grenade you want
> > >
> > > Boltshot is way too powerful and either needs to be removed or made as a power weapon drop.
> > >
> > > I wouldn’t mind if they just lowered the count of starting grenades to 1 then force you to only have frag grenades.
> >
> > The Boltshot is fine as an on map weapon
>
> As long as we don’t have 10 of them running around.

Exactly, spawn one by each teams spawns

> > > > > > Keep: Dominion
> > > > > > Remove: <mark>Boltshot</mark>
> > > > > > Keep: Crawlers!
> > > > > > Remove: <mark>Plasma Pistol and the option to choose grenades from Loadouts</mark>
> > > > >
> > > > > Remove the option to choose what pistol and grenade you want
> > > >
> > > > Boltshot is way too powerful and either needs to be removed or made as a power weapon drop.
> > > >
> > > > I wouldn’t mind if they just lowered the count of starting grenades to 1 then force you to only have frag grenades.
> > >
> > > The Boltshot is fine as an on map weapon
> >
> > As long as we don’t have 10 of them running around.
>
> Exactly, spawn one by each teams spawns

Or maybe even just make it a real pistol and make the scattershot useable.

> > I want custom loadouts kept since they allow for the game t not be just BR BR BR BR etc. and allows people to select their preferred weapon. However they need to remove plasma pistol/grenades along with the boltshot which is the only bad thing about loadouts IMO since most of the hate goes towards those weapons.
> >
> > I would also want AAs kept for reasons I’ve said numerous times on these forums.
>
> Those are the some of the main reasons Loadouts are hated by many.

Those people generally like classic and pro gametypes so they wont mind having loadouts if they’re fixed so long as they can play the classic and pro settings at launch.

> > > I want custom loadouts kept since they allow for the game t not be just BR BR BR BR etc. and allows people to select their preferred weapon. However they need to remove plasma pistol/grenades along with the boltshot which is the only bad thing about loadouts IMO since most of the hate goes towards those weapons.
> > >
> > > I would also want AAs kept for reasons I’ve said numerous times on these forums.
> >
> > Those are the some of the main reasons Loadouts are hated by many.
>
> Those people generally like classic and pro gametypes so they wont mind having loadouts if they’re fixed so long as they can play the classic and pro settings at launch.

Wasn’t Pro available at launch but removed to low population?

> > > > I want custom loadouts kept since they allow for the game t not be just BR BR BR BR etc. and allows people to select their preferred weapon. However they need to remove plasma pistol/grenades along with the boltshot which is the only bad thing about loadouts IMO since most of the hate goes towards those weapons.
> > > >
> > > > I would also want AAs kept for reasons I’ve said numerous times on these forums.
> > >
> > > Those are the some of the main reasons Loadouts are hated by many.
> >
> > Those people generally like classic and pro gametypes so they wont mind having loadouts if they’re fixed so long as they can play the classic and pro settings at launch.
>
> Wasn’t Pro available at launch but removed to low population?

Wonder why people moaned on about it then of they didnt play it.

Loadout Options
UNSC Precision Rifle
UNSC Assault Rifle[1]
UNSC Weak Shotgun[2]
Thruster
Hologram
Spotter[3]
Regen Field[4]

[1]Headshot capable, slow projectile speed, accurate.
[2]Three Shot Kill, moderate firing speed.
[3]Displays waypoints of locations/enemies/etc on allied HUD.
[4]Heals teammates only.

A single, unique weapon for each range and a modest selection of armor abilities.

Gamemodes
Keep: Extraction, Ricochet
Lose: Regicide, Dominion

I feel the latter two were executed rather poorly and would be better replaced with Juggernaut and Invasion.

Game Options
Loadout Blacklist: Ban specific options in loadouts.
Class Limit: In fixed loadout gametypes, limit the amount of people that can be in any given loadout.
Various Missing Gamemode Settings.

Combat Mechanics
Remove Sprint.
125% Base Movement.
145% Max Movement.*
Projectile weapons with fast travel speeds.
Decreased Gravity.
Faster Strafe Acceleration.

*Concept: The longer someone runs without turning or strafing, the faster they become. Once they turn or strafe, the movement gradually slows down to 125%, but then gradually increases to 145% if they run straight after.

A much more fluid version of sprint that does not limit combat capability and is only truly effective on BTB maps.

To KEEP:

Remake Haven, that was a great map.
Spartan Ops, imagine the possibilities that it could be if improved.

To REMOVE:

The ability to chose game-breaking features (Boltshot, Plasmas, etc.) with personal loadouts.

Flinch, that idea never went well with Halo!

Limitations on Custom Games/Forge, this should be self-explanatory.
Sarah Palmer (Just kidding, but she should be less annoying.)

> Loadout Options
> <mark>UNSC Precision Rifle</mark>
> <mark>UNSC Assault Rifle[1]</mark>
> <mark>UNSC Weak Shotgun[2]</mark>
> Thruster
> Hologram
> Spotter[3]
> Regen Field[4]
>
> [1]Headshot capable, slow projectile speed, accurate.
> [2]Three Shot Kill, moderate firing speed.
> [3]Displays waypoints of locations/enemies/etc on allied HUD.
> [4]Heals teammates only.
>
> <mark>A single, unique weapon for each range and a modest selection of armor abilities.</mark>
>
> Gamemodes
> Keep: Extraction, Ricochet
> Lose: Regicide, <mark>Dominion</mark>
>
> I feel the latter two were executed rather poorly and would be better <mark>replaced</mark> with Juggernaut and Invasion.
>
> Game Options
> Loadout Blacklist: Ban specific options in loadouts.
> Class Limit: In fixed loadout gametypes, <mark>limit the amount of people that can be in any given loadout.</mark>
> Various Missing Gamemode Settings.
>
> Combat Mechanics
> Remove Sprint.
> 125% Base Movement.
> 145% Max Movement.*
> Projectile weapons with fast travel speeds.
> Decreased Gravity.
> Faster Strafe Acceleration.
>
> *Concept: The longer someone runs without turning or strafing, the faster they become. Once they turn or strafe, the movement gradually slows down to 125%, but then gradually increases to 145% if they run straight after.
>
> A much more fluid version of sprint that does not limit combat capability and is only truly effective on BTB maps.

I couldn’t disagree more (except for your new Sprint which I accept).

First of all, the Loadouts would become bland as hell with so little options. We might as well return to Reach’s system, not many different Loadouts would come out of this anyway.

As for Loadout weapons working specifically for certain ranges… No thanks. The shotgun is useless as a primary because giving two melees will just be faster (but I guess that can be changed). I think if anything, the ranges should be less varied in custom Loadouts. We should strive to make things more equal in as much situations as possible rather than making everything more random.

Dominion is in my opinion one of the best additions to Halo 4 multiplayer and it should definitely return. And it’s great how you judge Ricochet before having played it. Or we’re you at E3/RTX?

Limiting the number of people on a team that can use a Loadout is just a terrible idea in my opinion. It adds nothing to the experience and if any Loadout requires it, it is inherently unbalanced and should be removed from the list.

Keep:

-Spartan Ops

Remove:

-Personal Loadouts. If they have to have loadouts, I’d prefer Reach style.
-Armor Abilities. They should be replaced with Equipment.
-Flinch. Descope is better.
-Power weapons in Personal Ordnance.
-Active Camo as an armor ability. It needs to be a powerup again.

keep sprint and loadouts.
remove personal Ordnance.

> First of all, the Loadouts would become bland as hell with so little options.

Halo has been an Arena Shooter for the majority of it’s life. If you’re looking for extreme amounts of customization, you’re looking in the wrong spot.

> As for Loadout weapons working specifically for certain ranges… No thanks. The shotgun is useless as a primary because giving two melees will just be faster (but I guess that can be changed). We should strive to make things more equal in as much situations as possible rather than making everything more random.

If you have hundreds of weapons with only slight variations in effective range, it renders the majority of them useless.

Nor does forcing every weapon into a specific range create randomness.

> Limiting the number of people on a team that can use a Loadout is just a terrible idea in my opinion. It adds nothing to the experience and if any Loadout requires it, it is inherently unbalanced and should be removed from the list.

It’s a custom game option that could be used to create class-based gameplay, such as sniper class, shotgun class, etc. Doesn’t have any negative impact on the game.

As for Dominion, it could’ve been much better. The bases are just buildings with turrets and power weapons (now loadout weapons) that spawn in them. Not too inventive.

As for Ricochet, no but I simply don’t see any inherent issues with this gametype other than map design. If throwing proves to be too powerful it could simply be tweaked to a very low point award.