Things to address before release

Outlines - They’re awful. Remove them. No one cares that you want microtransactions from kids buying armor skins that no one notices when they’re shooting at each other anyway. They make the enemy way to noticeable, take away from immersion, make the game look way too cartoony, and can be really confusing at times when team colors clash. Remove them.

Low/No Armor Indication - You can’t really tell when a player is low shields unless you did it yourself or saw it take place before your eyes. If you happen to find an enemy and they’re 1 shot, you can’t even really tell until you shoot them and they die immediately. This causes people to make bad judgement calls and opt to throw a grenade or something when they should immediately know that they can just open fire to quickly take care of the threat. This needs addressed big time, as it is another problem that directly effects fluid gameplay. Stick to the goldish electricity and flashing lights on armor when low. It was way better.

Damage Indication - The lights that flash when enemies take damage is just too much, it looks overdone and really clashes with the rest of the graphics. This also adds to the low armor distinction problem.

Aim Assist - Goes without saying, it needs work.

Sensitivity Settings - Again, goes without saying that it needs work.

Graphics Optimization - This is to be expected in a beta build, as I’m sure fps will be more stable in future builds.

Aside from these problems I had a lot of fun playing the beta and am looking forward to more to come!

Edit: Adding one concern that escaped my mind when I initially wrote this… Gravity Hammer - Needs to send players flying for more of a satisfying effect like past games. It also needs to be a lot louder. Back in the day, if someone was swinging that thing, you’d hear it across the map. It was awesome. Now it’s not even louder than a pistol.

Edit #2: Yet another thing I forgot to mention…Deployable Shield - Needs to deploy a tad bit faster. If you’re in the middle of combat and tactically decide to drop it for cover, the deployment animation takes too long and leaves you being a sitting duck for just long enough to get nuked down by gun fire. Definitely doesn’t do the intended job you’d expect it to do.

> 2533274856673402;1:
> Outlines - They’re awful. Remove them. No one cares that you want microtransactions from kids buying armor skins that no one notices when they’re shooting at each other anyway. They make the enemy way to noticeable, take away from immersion, make the game look way too cartoony, and can be really confusing at times when team colors clash. Remove them.
>
> Low/No Armor Indication - You can’t really tell when a player is low shields unless you did it yourself or saw it take place before your eyes. If you happen to find an enemy and they’re 1 shot, you can’t even really tell until you shoot them and they die immediately. This causes people to make bad judgement calls and opt to throw a grenade or something when they should immediately know that they can just open fire to quickly take care of the threat. This needs addressed big time, as it is another problem that directly effects fluid gameplay. Stick to the goldish electricity and flashing lights on armor when low. It was way better.
>
> Damage Indication - The lights that flash when enemies take damage is just too much, it looks overdone and really clashes with the rest of the graphics. This also adds to the low armor distinction problem.
>
> Aim Assist - Goes without saying, it needs work.
>
> Sensitivity Settings - Again, goes without saying that it needs work.
>
> Graphics Optimization - This is to be expected in a beta build, as I’m sure fps will be more stable in future builds.
>
> Aside from these problems I had a lot of fun playing the beta and am looking forward to more to come!

I thought the outlines were a perfect addition, but everyone has their own opinions. They also assist with colorblind people, as you can change the color to many different colors such as purple or yellow (my two favorite). I also don’t see how they can make the enemy “way to noticeable”, while also making it “way to confusing when team colors clash”.

I had no problem with telling when an enemy had no armor or low armor, just like the previous games, the more “cracked” the enemy looks, the lower the shield. The only problem I had (rarely) was with no armor, as the only indication was a trail of fuzzy particles.

I use M&K so I had no problem, but I do agree that controllers seem to need help.

sens setting was wack, true.

it was pretty fun all in all, my biggest issue was that the maps were kinda bland.

I do not agree with any of your arguments.

> 2533274860712851;4:
> I do not agree with any of your arguments.

Well lots of top Halo players were saying the exact same things on their streams as well, so I’ll stick with my own observations.

> 2533274856673402;5:
> > 2533274860712851;4:
> > I do not agree with any of your arguments.
>
> Well lots of top Halo players were saying the exact same things on their streams as well, so I’ll stick with my own observations.

a lot of gamers are -Yoinking!- about nothing too, i’m a huge halo fan since i was a kid, i was very happy to be able to play infinite and see the great work 343 did for us. i think that before you really criticize the game, you have to wait for the next flights.

Agree on the outlines part, however I think it’s good to get the option to keep them or not, rather than just removing them, if people wanna play with outlines they should have that option too.

> 2533274860712851;4:
> I do not agree with any of your arguments.

I wish you added something more constructive that just that one sentence. Cannot have a discussion with someone unless you actually try to interact more.

Anyways, I agree that graphical indications could and should be improved. The weapons look beautiful and they sound glorious, but there’s not enough of a visual impact on the enemies to truly deliver that “oomph” of firing a high-caliber battle rifle into a human body. There should be more static electricity through the opponent’s armor as you lower their shields, there should be more particle effects when the shields are gone, there should be more blood splatters from shooting a shieldless opponent and the blood should be reflected on the map alongside deeper bullet holes. Right now, everything looks far too clean.

I do disagree with OP about the outlines however. The fact that you can permanently customize your friendly and enemy outlines is fantastic. Outlines lessen the frequency of camping, help people with different levels of color vision and tv quality more easily identify their friends and foes, and actually adds to the in-game immersion. I always found it strange that in this high-tech advanced power armor that you were never able to easily locate and identify your opponent using your heads up display. Finally, despite the nostalgia of red vs blue, the blue teams usually had advantages against red team since if the match was played on a darker map the blue team could more easily blend into the background.

I do hope they add an option to further customize the brightness of the outlines and even turn them off entirely in competitive playlists.

I am not a big fan of the outlines in their current state, they are just a bit too much and make the visuals feel cluttered. I actually find myself not liking them on allies more than enemies as I feel like a lot of the time it’s just too much junk on your screen.

> 2535469892892814;8:
> > 2533274860712851;4:
> > I do not agree with any of your arguments.
>
> I wish you added something more constructive that just that one sentence. Cannot have a discussion with someone unless you actually try to interact more.
>
> Anyways, I agree that graphical indications could and should be improved. The weapons look beautiful and they sound glorious, but there’s not enough of a visual impact on the enemies to truly deliver that “oomph” of firing a high-caliber battle rifle into a human body. There should be more static electricity through the opponent’s armor as you lower their shields, there should be more particle effects when the shields are gone, there should be more blood splatters from shooting a shieldless opponent and the blood should be reflected on the map alongside deeper bullet holes. Right now, everything looks far too clean.
>
> I do disagree with OP about the outlines however. The fact that you can permanently customize your friendly and enemy outlines is fantastic. Outlines lessen the frequency of camping, help people with different levels of color vision and tv quality more easily identify their friends and foes, and actually adds to the in-game immersion. I always found it strange that in this high-tech advanced power armor that you were never able to easily locate and identify your opponent using your heads up display. Finally, despite the nostalgia of red vs blue, the blue teams usually had advantages against red team since if the match was played on a darker map the blue team could more easily blend into the background.
>
> I do hope they add an option to further customize the brightness of the outlines and even turn them off entirely in competitive playlists.

why argue more? 343 is aware of the various bugs in this first test, I really think we should wait for the next flights before launching various criticisms on this test.

> 2533274860712851;6:
> > 2533274856673402;5:
> > > 2533274860712851;4:
> > > I do not agree with any of your arguments.
> >
> > Well lots of top Halo players were saying the exact same things on their streams as well, so I’ll stick with my own observations.
>
> i think that before you really criticize the game, you have to wait for the next flights.

That’s why I titled this post “Things to Address Before Release”. They are just opinions/feedback from someone in the community who has played the Flight and wanted to give their thoughts to the dev team for them to think about implementing into the next Flight, which is the whole point of this beta, I hope.

> 2533274856673402;11:
> > 2533274860712851;6:
> > > 2533274856673402;5:
> > > > 2533274860712851;4:
> > > > I do not agree with any of your arguments.
> > >
> > > Well lots of top Halo players were saying the exact same things on their streams as well, so I’ll stick with my own observations.
> >
> > i think that before you really criticize the game, you have to wait for the next flights.
>
> That’s why I titled this post “Things to Address Before Release”. They are just opinions/feedback from someone in the community who has played the Flight and wanted to give their thoughts to the dev team for them to think about implementing into the next Flight, which is the whole point of this beta, I hope.

I trust 343 and I think they will fix everything before the game is released.