Things that will make Halo 5 a MUST buy.

Heres a list of things that I would like for multiplayer:
-The EXACT same Halo CE pistol except make it 4 shot kill.
-NO hitscan for certain weapons.
-Classic Mode, make it VERY identical to Halo 1/2, even the armor.
-Warthogs from Halo 1/3
-Custom Search Playlist
-Halo CE AR
-Suppressed SMG
-MORE BLOOD!
-Objective and slayer in the same playlists… LESS PLAYLISTS
-Equipment/packages or watever theyre called… are pointless imo.
-I know many like sprinting but I think not having it is what makes Halo Halo.

One extra note:
Ive had this idea since Halo Reach. Its an idea that will make the COD/SWAT players and hardcore Halo fans like myself happy.
Instead of making another SWAT Playlist… how about a brand new multiplayer mode for UNSC Marines and ODSTs? The gameplay would be more like COD/Counterstrike. Maybe have different weapons and weapon mechanics like aiming or bloom.
Watching the beggining of Forward Unto To Dawn made me fantasize about it haha.
You could call it UNSC Infinity Slayer or whatever they call it in the film.

I disagree with the classic armor thing, and a few others, but I overall like your ideas.

For me personally it’s already a must buy for having regional dedicated servers and 60fps. It seems Australia is in the middle of finishing Sydney and Melbourne Azure datacentres, which lines up nicely with the Xbox One.

This makes me a very happy Halo fan indeed.

Instant pre-order of the first Halo Xbox One title without even going into the campaign, story, CGI, TV series etc.

> For me personally it’s already a must buy for having regional dedicated servers and 60fps. It seems Australia is in the middle of finishing Sydney and Melbourne Azure datacentres, which lines up nicely with the Xbox One.
>
> This makes me a very happy Halo fan indeed.
>
> Instant pre-order of the first Halo Xbox One title without even going into the campaign, story, CGI, TV series etc.

Really, dedicated servers and 60fps makes it a must buy for you. Honestly 30fps or 60 it really doesn’t matter, I just care about how good the game itself is. And Dedicated servers doesn’t matter to me, I haven’t had any real server problems in the past.

Overall I would like to see them be more innovative, halo pretty much perfected the formula with CE, and when people saw that 2 was going to change a little bit, I’m sure they wondered if Gameplay could even get better, well it could. Honestly I disliked Halo 4, but I’m glad they changed it up a little bit.

I don’t see how they can change armor for a specific playlist.

A classic mode would be good but I would also like Ranked and Social options.

I think the CE Pistol is too unbalanced, alot of power weapons don’t measure up to the pistol. You also forgot Dual Wielding and pick-ups like Halo 3’s Bubble Shield are awesome. Makes for more teamwork than when everyone had it like in Reach.

More complex campaign! As a lover of the books it was awesome to have this extra knowledge and could understand what was going on

I disagree with most of your points, except for the blood one, and I think just the name “Halo 5” is still going to rake in a good amount of sales because many people think that Halo 5 will make or break the Halo franchise. What I mean by this is, if it is deemed poor, like Halo 4 (at first), not many people are going to even consider buying the game after Halo 5. 343i has stated how they messed up on Halo 4 and how they wish to do better. I believe that Halo 5 will be a good game and that 343i will listen to the community.

Now I shall break down your list:

• It wouldn’t be the same pistol if it was four shot kill and I think that pistol was rather ugly and unbalanced.
  • I am unsure of this, but aren’t some of the weapons already not hitscan? Like the AR?
  • A classic mode of Halo 2 would be nice (competitive), but I don’t think Halo: CE remake mode is necessary because there wasn’t a competitive community at the time, so, sure it would be a casual service, but Halo has evolved into something more. Regarding the armour, just no, you could have the retro sets like the Mark V and VI.
  • I see no problem with the recent warthogs, besides them being EXTREMELY weak, but its current turret is very balance in my opinion (with overheat).
  • I don’t think this is possible, but I’m not a developer. It’s an interesting thought, though very unlikely.
  • That’s basically the SAW, something that you shouldn’t spawn with.
  • There is no difference between the silenced and none silenced in terms of gameplay in my opinion besides the 2x scope. Standard SMG would fit the bill because the suppressed SMG was built for one spin off.
  • I would like this, but not like an insane amount.
  • I really disliked the fact that in Reach BTB there was a mix of OBJ and slayer because when I would want to play OBJ games, I would get slayer and vice versa. I’m fine with linear, focused playlists.
  • Yes, they are sort of pointless, but they are sort of fun because classes are a big part of H4 and if they weren’t there, classes would be very boring. If you’re talking about AA’s though, I think they’re really important to keep Halo moving forward.
  • The lack of sprinting was what made Halo unique? I don’t think so because Halo’s GAMEPLAY is what made it unique. I like sprint, but we need to be able to disable it.

On the topic of the extra note:
I like the idea, but I think it would be better as a spin off, but keeping it from being generic would be difficult in my opinion.

Kazuma Jinnouchi and Tom Salta for Halo 5…

Goodbye Neil Davidge :slight_smile:

I like the pistol from halo CE but if you put it in now a days, there be really no point of having other range weapons like the DMR(which I could live without) or battle rifle. It would be nice for warthogs to be able to take a tad bit more damage before exploding.More blood, I don’t agree, defiantly not Gears of War gore. Also i wouldn’t mind having a skull or game mode that disable sprinting. And on that matter has anyone played Halo Spartan Assault(Decent for $7), cause having a super sprint skull or armor mod would be cool in campaign. But just keep as a power up in multi-player.Oh yeah and keep active camo out of multi-player as a load-out but more as a power up.

The Halo Ce Magnum was only imbalanced because of its killtime, which is easily tweaked. We need a precise, projectile weapon akin to the CE Magnum.

We also need to bring back headshot multipliers on automatic weapons. The Plasma Rifle in Halo CE could go from a 15sk to an 8sk if most shots were to the head.

> Heres a list of things that I would like for multiplayer:
> -The EXACT same Halo CE pistol except make it 4 shot kill.
> -NO hitscan for certain weapons.
> -Classic Mode, make it VERY identical to Halo 1/2, even the armor.
> -Warthogs from Halo 1/3
> -Custom Search Playlist
> -Halo CE AR
> -Suppressed SMG
> -<mark>MORE BLOOD!</mark>
> -Objective and slayer in the same playlists… LESS PLAYLISTS
> -Equipment/packages or watever theyre called… are pointless imo.
> -I know many like sprinting but I think not having it is what makes Halo Halo.
>
> One extra note:
> Ive had this idea since Halo Reach. Its an idea that will make the COD/SWAT players and hardcore Halo fans like myself happy.
> Instead of making another SWAT Playlist… how about a brand new multiplayer mode for UNSC Marines and ODSTs? The gameplay would be more like COD/Counterstrike. Maybe have different weapons and weapon mechanics like aiming or bloom.
> Watching the beggining of Forward Unto To Dawn made me fantasize about it haha.
> You could call it UNSC Infinity Slayer or whatever they call it in the film.

Would you care to elaborate on that for me?

> > Heres a list of things that I would like for multiplayer:
> > -The EXACT same Halo CE pistol except make it 4 shot kill.
> > -NO hitscan for certain weapons.
> > -Classic Mode, make it VERY identical to Halo 1/2, even the armor.
> > -Warthogs from Halo 1/3
> > -Custom Search Playlist
> > -Halo CE AR
> > -Suppressed SMG
> > -<mark>MORE BLOOD!</mark>
> > -Objective and slayer in the same playlists… LESS PLAYLISTS
> > -Equipment/packages or watever theyre called… are pointless imo.
> > -I know many like sprinting but I think not having it is what makes Halo Halo.
> >
> > One extra note:
> > Ive had this idea since Halo Reach. Its an idea that will make the COD/SWAT players and hardcore Halo fans like myself happy.
> > Instead of making another SWAT Playlist… how about a brand new multiplayer mode for UNSC Marines and ODSTs? The gameplay would be more like COD/Counterstrike. Maybe have different weapons and weapon mechanics like aiming or bloom.
> > Watching the beggining of Forward Unto To Dawn made me fantasize about it haha.
> > You could call it UNSC Infinity Slayer or whatever they call it in the film.
>
> Would you care to elaborate on that for me?

I’m sure he means when you walk into a tight hallway and there’s grunt blood everywhere (Like in Guilty Spark).

> > For me personally it’s already a must buy for having regional dedicated servers and 60fps. It seems Australia is in the middle of finishing Sydney and Melbourne Azure datacentres, which lines up nicely with the Xbox One.
> >
> > This makes me a very happy Halo fan indeed.
> >
> > Instant pre-order of the first Halo Xbox One title without even going into the campaign, story, CGI, TV series etc.
>
> Really, dedicated servers and 60fps makes it a must buy for you. Honestly 30fps or 60 it really doesn’t matter, I just care about how good the game itself is. And Dedicated servers doesn’t matter to me, I haven’t had any real server problems in the past.

Dedicated servers are top of the list for me, I live in Australia and even with full parties there is still luck involved with getting a quality local host for good games. It’s paramount to my Halo enjoyment and fairness of the game.

As for 60fps, I’m not overly fussed but on the old 360 or original Xbox I’ve grown tired of sluggish framerates and I’m sure a number of split screen players would agree that framerate is important. If the solo play is 60fps then I’d hazard a guess splitscreen could hold 30fps quite well. That would make everyone very happy indeed.

I’m certainly able to tell the difference between 30 to 60fps, beyond that I could care less. However there are some interesting new technologies like playing splitscreen without the split. See the LG Dual Play innovation that could be applied to consoles/PC’s/displays that deliver high framerates. Essentially you wear 3D style glasses and the frames alternate to separate glasses so player one only sees his full screen play and player two only sees their full screen play. Innovative idea and at high frame speeds the effect is indistinguishable for normal solo play.

Good bye screen peaking/cheating and good bye different Field of View.

Higher framerates could enable 2-4 players on one display all getting the solo full screen experience. Impressive indeed.

The biggest thing that will make me buy an XBOX ONE for Halo 5 is:
INCENTIVE TO WIN.

And all that that implies (i.e. in-game CSR and more balanced, Arena style gameplay)

the halo ce mag will never work in current matchmaking.

Being able to play as Sangheili the exact same way as in Halo 3.

First of all, to those wondering why some of us are so happy about dedicated servers… No more host migration black screens!

Now, what would make Halo 5 a must buy…

A campaign with huge, open maps where we fight giant battles with many vehicles and huge enemies (like the Scarab)- a true sense of a Sandbox (much more enemy types, much more unique weapons) and an epic game with a strong story that sets things up for the next Halo game but ties things together nicely for it’s own story. I want to see more awesome moments like giving the Covenant back their bomb, or crashing into Earth from space, or driving our Warthog through a Halo that’s destroying itself, or destroyibg a Scarab with our bare hands, or playing the Arbiter. If 343i gets more things like that into the game and supports them with a solid story and great gameplay- I wouldn’t care how crappy the multiplayer would be.

But of course, Multiplayer will likely be the focus of Halo 5- so my dreams may not come true. From multiplayer, I just want to see all the gametypes (and more?) return in some manner or form with extensive customization options and a great, innovative Forge. I also want to see one Legendary playlist available at launch if not more than one. But honestly, I don’t think 343i will disappoint on that front (except they might bring us a Forge 2.5 again instead of a Forge 3.0).

> For me personally it’s already a must buy for having regional dedicated servers and 60fps. It seems Australia is in the middle of finishing Sydney and Melbourne Azure datacentres, which lines up nicely with the Xbox One.
>
> This makes me a very happy Halo fan indeed.
>
> Instant pre-order of the first Halo Xbox One title without even going into the campaign, story, CGI, TV series etc.

Me too! I’m in England so getting host is like having won the lottery.

Bring on those dedicated servers!