Things that halo 3/reach got right that...

improve in halo 4? What are some things that those games got right that you are looking for the improvement of in halo 4?

I say a few of these:

halo 3:

• better campaign
  • better theater mode
  • better maps on disc
  • better lighting
  • better movement
    reach:
  • better custom games (face it, alo 3 only had infection custom games with fat kid/drive or die)
  • better forge
  • better graphics
  • better BTB (if dlc was purchased)
  • better objective (slow flag carrier promoted teamwork, no carry & drop spam across the map)

BTB in reach was terrible. Oh but yes if you could actually get the DLC maps it was great (which is all of them)

Halo 3:
Matchmaking
Customs

Reach:
Forge
Theater

> Halo 3:
> Matchmaking
> Customs
>
> Reach:
> Forge
> Theater

We cant watch videos with our friends in Reach though :frowning:

Reach had better Forge. That’s it. Everything else was worse. Custom games were worse, BTB was way worse, objective was worse. The graphics were better, but the hideous art style negated that anyway.

> Reach had better Forge. That’s it. Everything else was worse. Custom games were worse, BTB was way worse, objective was worse. The graphics were better, but the hideous art style negated that anyway.

The AR in Reach looked awesome.

> Reach had better Forge. That’s it. Everything else was worse. Custom games were worse, BTB was way worse, objective was worse. The graphics were better, but the <mark>hideous art style</mark> negated that anyway.

You and I have two very different definitions of the term “hideous”

I thought Reach’s art style was the best one yet.

> Reach had better Forge. That’s it. Everything else was worse. Custom games were worse, BTB was way worse, objective was worse. The graphics were better, but the hideous art style negated that anyway.

I believe it was mentioned in a previous thread (halo evolved?) Reach was just too much change at once compared to previous installments.

Halo 3

• One of my favorite campaigns in the series (so far)
  • Best BTB of the franchise (so far)
  • Best maps on Disc, and DLC (so far)
  • Theatre
  • Good Multiplayer
  • Better FFA

Reach

• Best Forge in series (so far)
  • Better SWAT mode
  • Better Custom Games
  • Firefight
  • DMR :slight_smile:
  • Sprint