Things I think would help Halo Infinite

*Progression takes too long. I know I’m beating a dead horse but I don’t done yet. Give XP for winning games preferably 200-300 XP, Daily challenge should be minimum 100-150 XP. Not 50. I bet we have this battlepass till May and right now it’s in “beta” but we wanna look cool while playing.

• Add better filler items to battlepass rather than making us unlock the same emblem or left and right shoulder pad. Such a stupid design. If I unlock the Noble team sigil for my nameplate, should automatically include it being unlocked for my chest emblem, weapons and vehicles. I don’t want to have to unlock my right shoulder EVA pad then play another hour to unlock the left EVA pad. Rather have XP in that spot.

*Give less specific challenges. Nobody wants to a challenge to play and win slayer when it only pops up every 2 hours. Save specific challenges for commendation :wink:

*Specific game modes. I don’t want to play CTF because that require real teammate and I’m always paired up with baby Spartans who can’t even move while looking.

*More game modes. Team snipers, free for all/regicide Exaction, etc. The more the absolute better.

*Get rid of descoping. This has the be the worst thing about Halo infinite for me right me. Getting kicked out of my scope while sniping is beyond aggravating. Increase/add flinch when scoped in but please remove descoping, I don’t even bother picking up snipers now

• Give vehicles more weight, having a 3 ton warthog flip over a pebble is more than annoying. All vehicles need more weight and less awkward to drive

*Give vehicles more damage output. Takes too long to kill someone’s with banshee, warthog turret, ghost plasma canons etc. By the time I finally kill someone, I’m getting blown up

• Shields take way too long to recharge. I don’t know if I’m crazy but it takes 6-7 seconds for shields to fully recharge, the amount of times I’ve died because they weren’t fully charged is astounding

• Give everyone one grenade at the start, reduce grenade bouncing, or reduce explosion radius. Halo Infinite is literally a grenade fest which I know about the “Golden Triangle but my god I’ve had 6 grenades thrown at me so many times in Arena

*Get rid of Enemy outline. I like teammate outlines being able to see the enemy at all times ruins stealth gameplay when I can see someone from across the map.

*Give the Commando more power or more ammo because it gets outclassed by both BR and AR 7/10 times

*The pricing is too high, I love item shops but to charge $20 and $10 dollars for armor that could arguably be in base game free….upsetting. Gears 5 and fortnite should of been your reference not Apex Legends

*Please allow us to have emblems on our shoulders or move it to the other side of our chest because majority of the chest armor we unlock, covers the emblem. It’s a minor detail but it helps with my immersion

*Let visors and coating be universal among Armor Cores. Look I get it I really do but trying to get people to buy the same coating over and over again especially down the line isn’t healthy business practice and you know this. I’d honestly prefer to have all armor universal but I also understand clipping and all that.

*Allow is to add multiple helmet attachments as long as they don’t conflict. I’d love to have the command unit link on one side and then have the flashlight attachment on the other side. If you can also let us connect chest pieces like the knife chest piece and ordnance pack chest for the Mark 7 core would be lovely though I’d understand if that would be more complicated.

*Get rid of kits restriction. I understand the idea behind it but what if someone wants to rock the FaZe coating with the Trailblazer helmet. Not allowing ourselves to express our Spartan by having nauseating restrictions.

*Make chest armor the same color of our coating or allow us to chose a color other than grey, add in like a gun metal black and white. You get what I’m saying.

• Add the bandolier belt for the Assault sapper chest piece (emile) and waist pouch for the Commando chest piece (Carter) back to reach armor. I don’t understand why they was even removed. It’s very infuriating on some of the design choices you make.

• More open big team battle maps. Everything is super narrow and it doesn’t really feel like BTB. We’re playing 6v6 maps with 24 people….

*Have vehicles spawn in faster or get rid of the pelican dropping ordnance. I love the immersion element but you literally don’t even get tanks until the game is over.

*Have Spartan level bots join in if one of your ranked teammates disconnects or leave. Fighting a 3v4 against competent people Isn’t fun. Something better than nothing.

*Stats and leaderboard. I’m sure this is already on your radar but I’d love to see my stats.

*Add lobbies back. Something like Halo Reach or maybe even something new that shows your whole team while you wait. Getting tired of looking at tips, the tips are useful though.

*Enable collision. I’m still kinda on the fence on the one but too many of my CQC battles have been wonky as hell.

*Increase radar a bit more. I don’t even see people pop up till I’m practically defenseless.

*Fix the spawns. I don’t know if it’s me but the maps feel either too small or too big. I’ve been shot right when I spawned back in so many times it’s ridiculous. CTF on Bazar is a really good example of bad spawning. I’ve had guys spawn on me when I’m in my own base!

That’s everything off the top of my mind. I’m sure there’s a few more I missed but whatever. All round Halo Infinite feels great and the foundation for this game is really solid. Work out the kinks and this game will surpass every other Halo. I have faith in you 343i. Cant wait to see what the game is like in 6 month.

Sincerely - Lifelong Halo fan

2 Likes

I think this topic is a prime example why it’s important 343 can’t appear to listen and respond to everyone’s feedback. There are some ideas here which would break a lot of the balance they have built into the game.

What would break the balancing? My grenade ideas, spawning?

Descoping is a huge one, vehicle changes and spawns yeah.

Yeah I 100% know it’s a lot easier said than done but that doesn’t make me any less annoyed, talking about descoping with snipers in particular. I suppose I just have to find better spots for sniping so I won’t get kicked out of it. Just spit balling some ideas tryna help with feedback seeing how most of the feedback is talking about progression. Worst case scenario they don’t see this post or best case scenario some of my ideas (mainly customization) come into fruition :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Much like my other post I’ll try to be as succinct as possible and keep each dot point brief. After playing daily since the BETA launch we’ve all had issues, feedback and ideas. Most i agree with and some I don’t but overall these things, that should have already been in the game, NEED to be in the game either by the 8th of December or in season 1 for the game to survive the modern gaming climate and reach the 10 year goal that 343 have mentioned.

Halo store credits and Battle pass

I get it, it’s F2P but please allow players to earn credits in game. 5 credits per match, 15 credits for a win. This will entice players to play the objective and also give them something to aim for in the store. Still charge money for the premium battle pass for all the progression unlocks but allow credit rewards so free players can buy items/bundles from the store and when/if they want the premium battle pass then they give cash. At the moment being a free player means almost nothing for the individuals customisation.

Experience and progression

• Per match XP: 100xp per game played and an additional 50xp for a victory. This will entice players to actually play the objective.
  • Reward Skillful play: 1xp per objective tick (seconds holding the ball for example) 5xp per kill, 10xp per medal, 20xp for a flag. this gives players a reward for playing well AND playing the objectives.
  • Keep challenges as is: I know many don’t like them but a lot of the issue with them are having to do XYZ but never getting those modes so other suggestions below should help make challenges more doable.
  • Boosts: Have boosts work for the next 8 completed challenges. Not time based.

Menu Options

• Game mode selection: Allowing players to queue for whatever game mode they wish allows them to choose what they need for any given challenge instead of the current system of needing to play 3 oddball games and only seeing 1 through quick play in a 4hr session.
  • Region selection: I cannot believe this isn’t already in place. I’m an aussie playing on either a 30ms game or a 180ms game. Either let us select our own preferred region or lock us to our region via IP tracking.
  • Optional Cross Platform: I’m a PC player and It’s pretty insane to me that Console players are forced to play against KB/M. Allow players to choose if they want PC only, Console only or cross platform play.
  • Stat tracking and overall progress: Please give us a stats card so we can look at our overall stats of wins, kills, medals and so on.
  • BR/AR starts in BTB: I prefer the AR starts of BTB but at least give an in menu option for people to start with the BR in BTB.
  • Player reporting : I’m not sure why this isn’t in since it’s clear 343 are trying to limit the toxic interactions by removing all chat. Which is fine, but please let use report afk’ers and clear hackers that are already in the game.

Spartan Customisation

I'll start this section with a caveat that i'm assuming the bare bones options we have now will be greatly fleshed out post launch and across seasons.
  • Cross core This is a no brainer. locking parts, colours and options into cores is a very stupid system and completely undermines what you’re going for in the first place for ‘millions of combinations’
  • Colours: Take what you perfected in the MCC and give us that.
  • Body shape: Again, make it mean something, use the MCC method.

Core Gameplay

• Player Collision: We all want it, please just turn it on. This isn’t a divisive issue, the overwhelming amount of requests for this are proof of that. The list of why collision needs to return is massive so i wont bother. Please just turn it on.
  • Player outlines: I’m not sure who at 343 loves these outlines so much but please for the love of god turn them off for Enemies. This has been asked for since the first flight test. Outline = friendly, no outline = shoot them til they are dead.
  • Vehicles need more weight: Vehicles currently get snagged on small rocks and flip with ease. Please make this stop.
  • BTB needs better vehicle spawns: I’ve played over 40 hrs so far and I’ve seen the Scorpion tank twice. These big spawns need to be slightly earlier AND balanced. Too many times has a Wraith, banshee, scorpion been dropped at the winning sides end further increasing the lead. Either drop in a tank for both sides of drop it in the middle.
  • Melee : Give melee a slightly better lunge, increase foot speed with the ball, flag, sword and hammer.
  • Aim assist on controller: I personally use kb/m but please give our fellow Spartans on controller some much needed aim assist tweaks.
  • Time to Kill : Please don’t listen to people coming from cod. the TTK is fine as is, in fact personally i think it could be every so slightly longer.

I wont go into weapon balance as I think this should be looked at down the line when more time is put into the things above, plus weapon balance a lot of the time can be a bit bias and i’m no exception.

I might be missing things but for me personally with what we have now these updates and changes would go a LONG way to winning people over. First impressions mean everything and 343 has created a really REALLY tight shooter experience so far and tripped at the finish line. Please, if a 343 employee is reading this, consider these changes for the longevity and life of Halo Infinite Multiplayer.

Signed,
A long time Halo fan who desperately wants to see Halo return to the top.

1 Like

About descoping,

The sniper rifle has a reticle which shows precisely where your shot will land even when you are unscoped, plus, de-scoping has the very objective you said yourself, make sniping more challenging and BALANCED, there’s nothing more frustrating than dying to some guy sitting in china without being able to do something about it, so de-scoping wil and should stay from now on and in every halo game.

Giving people the accessability option to choose Red vs Blue or Outlines would be the best outcome.