Things I Believe Should Be In Halo 4

This is a list of things i think 343i needs to put into Halo 4. As time goes on i will add new things to the list and confirm things that 343 says will be in Halo 4.

Please drop down to a lower post and page 2 for a list of things that Halo4 will have and additional info on those things. i update and change things on all 3 list every time i get new info, so be sure to check in every once in a while to be sure you’re up to date.

Color Key:

Red= not in the game
Green= confirmed
Defualt= no news/ just an idea
Any other color= just for looks

Halo4 Release Date: Nov. 6th 2012

1. Warthog (confirmed)
  2. AR (confirmed)
  3. BR (confirmed)
  4. Magnum (confirmed)
  5. Scorpion (confirmed)
  6. Hornet/Falcon (the Falcon is confirmed, but the Hornet not in)
  7. Mongoose(confirmed)
  8. Sniper Rifle (confirmed)
  9. Shotgun (confirmed)
  10. Forge (confirmed)
  11. Firefight (replaced by “Spartan Ops”)
  12. Ability to customize all parts of you Spartan armor. Something like Reach’s variants, but with a setup for a belt, forehead, visor, visor color, each ear, chin/mouth, hands, and feet. (we can now do Helmet, Chest, L Shoulder, R Shoulder, Arms, Legs, Visor.)
  13. More visor colors. Maybe a color like all the colors you can make your Spartan.
  14. A single fire 4 or 3 shot Rocket Hog.
  15. Weaponized Mongoose. Maybe mount a Sniper Rifle on the Mongoose.
    Added:
  16. Sprint (confirmed)
  17. Bleedthrough- Halo 4 can have this in it, but it needs to be in the game from the begining not forced into it half way through its life. (pretty sure it’s confirmed)
  18. Nightvision- something between Reach and ODST. have the colored outline like in ODST with the functionality of Reach. ya know… no flash bang when it’s bright. (Promethian Vision)
  19. NO BLOOM! bloom needs to not be in Halo4! (bloom isn’t on all guns, but is on some that make since and function better than the reach bloom)
  20. Jetpack (it is in the “First Look” vid so more or less confirmed)(i don’t care if jetpack is in or not)
  21. Armor Detail. like in Halo3, but with a choice of where to put it. (confirmed, now called Skins)
  22. True Skill like in Halo3, but have it not connected to your ranking. have the system set up to measure you skill level, but don’t have a required skill to reach the top rank.
  23. Recordable Fire Fight Voices (this idea is now mute)
  24. Scoped, Suppressed SMG
  25. Flame Hog i want this so bad! i thought of this a long time ago. i can’t believe it has taken me till now to put this on the list. i want to roll around drivin a Hog with a Flamethrower on the back for the turret!
  26. DMR (confirmed)
  27. Elites (confirmed) they are in the Campaign, but not in the Multiplayer.
  28. Customizable Lights. (your spartan armor has always had lights. in H3 your light changed color acording to your main armor color. in Reach the lights stayed the same color. i want to be able to have a white spartan with gold secondary colors and blue lights.)
  29. Sword (confirmed)
  30. Banshee (confirmed)
  31. Grunts (confirmed)
  32. Jackels (in concept art)
  33. Female Spartans (confirmed)
  34. Frag Nades (confirmed) - i hope they are nerfed compared to the reach frags. reach frags= OPed nades.
  35. Harassment Booting- you know when you grab the sniper/rockets/sword/or any other power weapon and people keep bothering you because you have what they want. they wont betray because they don’t want to get booted, but they just keep tossing nades, shooting, and punching you. yeah… you should get to kick those guys for just being super annoying.
  36. Weapon and Ammo pickup options= so people can pick up the ammo of fallen players but not the weapons… this would be nice in LD.
  37. Limited Edition (confirmed)
  38. No Yoinks- i get tired of gettin an assassination, but then having it ripped from me by my teammate because they are selfish. maybe make the two people invincible.
  39. Halo 3 Vehicle Physics- the vehicle physics in H3 were the best. stuff was easy to drive, got good air time when they hit a jump, and didn’t throw people out as fast or when the vehicle would flip back over (i get so tired of my mongoose fliping and throwing me out right before it flips back over on all 4 wheels). they also would go flying when you applied force to them (and not blow up) with a grenade, brute shot, missed rocket, and so on. i miss those days.
  40. All Original Maps (confirmed) (343i said that they will not be doing what Bungie did to Reach when they just Copy-Pasted bits of the campaign for Multiplayer Maps. all the on disc maps at launch are original maps not from the campaign. no news if any are gonna be forge maps or remakes of old ones.)
  41. Secondary Weapon Icon visable on HUD

Things i think need to be in Forge

1. ALL in-game used Vehicles and some not in-game vehicles such as the Scout Hog. There needs to be a much wider variety of Vehicles. An example is to have the Scout Hog, Turret Hog, Guass Hog, and Rocket Hog. The same thing can be done for the Falcon, Hornet, and Mongoose. The next Forge just needs to have everything in it. Like all of the previous vehicles of Halo games. ALL OF THEM!

2. A complete all blank map that we can change the Skybox, Terrain Types, Addable Water, Adjustable Ground Height, and Ability to Make Mountains. Forgers need a real 100% controlable space they can manipulate. We need a real map creater not just a big and really editable pre-set map. it doesn’t need to be what 343i uses to make maps, but it needs to be a big Forgeworld sized area that we can make an island, a moutain ridge, floating platforms over a desert, and so on.

3. Every Weapon form the past Halos. all the different types. all the magnums/pistols, H1 Magnum, H2 Pistol, H3 Magnum, ODST Scoped Suppressed Pistol, Plasma Pistol. all the persicion rifles, Sniper, BR, DMR, Beam, Carbine, Needle, Focus. all the auto rifles, AR, Needler, SMG, Scoped Suppressed SMG, Plasma Rifle, Repeater, Spiker, and Brute PR. all ordenance weapons, Rockets, Spartan Laser, Plasma Launcher, Fuel Rod Gun, Grenade Launcher, H2 Brute Shot, H3 Brute Shot, and Concusion Rifle. all grenades, Frag, Plasma, Inferno, and Spike. all close quarter combat weapons, Sword, Hammer, and Shotgun.

all these things don’t need to be in the multiplayer or campaign. they just need to be in froge so we can use them in custom games.

Please comment and add your thoughts on what you believe should be in Halo 4.

> This is a list of things i think 343 needs to put into Halo 4. As time goes on i will add new things to the list and confirm things that 343 says will be in Halo 4.
> 16. <mark>Sprint</mark>

Halo 4 doesn’t need Sprint to be a good game.

> > This is a list of things i think 343 needs to put into Halo 4. As time goes on i will add new things to the list and confirm things that 343 says will be in Halo 4.
> > 16. <mark>Sprint</mark>
>
> Halo 4 doesn’t need Sprint to be a good game.

true. it doesn’t need it, but having it does make getting somewhere faster and it comes in handy.

> > > This is a list of things i think 343 needs to put into Halo 4. As time goes on i will add new things to the list and confirm things that 343 says will be in Halo 4.
> > > 16. <mark>Sprint</mark>
> >
> > Halo 4 doesn’t need Sprint to be a good game.
>
> true. it doesn’t need it, but having it does make getting somewhere faster and it comes in handy.

It can be good for Custom Game, Firefight, for Red vs Blue Series, etc. But many Halo fans won’t like it on Matchmaking.

> > > > This is a list of things i think 343 needs to put into Halo 4. As time goes on i will add new things to the list and confirm things that 343 says will be in Halo 4.
> > > > 16. <mark>Sprint</mark>
> > >
> > > Halo 4 doesn’t need Sprint to be a good game.
> >
> > true. it doesn’t need it, but having it does make getting somewhere faster and it comes in handy.
>
> It can be good for Custom Game, Firefight, for Red vs Blue Series, etc. But many Halo fans won’t like it on Matchmaking.

i can understand that.

> > > > This is a list of things i think 343 needs to put into Halo 4. As time goes on i will add new things to the list and confirm things that 343 says will be in Halo 4.
> > >
> >
> > true. it doesn’t need it, but having it does make getting somewhere faster and it comes in handy.
>
> It can be good for Custom Game, Firefight, for Red vs Blue Series, etc. But many Halo fans won’t like it on Matchmaking.

Many fans do like Sprint.

I always thought that you should sprint slower while getting shot, just like you evade slower when you’re getting shot.

> > >
> >
>

There we go again with that “many fans” crap. If by many fans, you mean MLG and Halo 3 fanboys.
People like sprint, get over it.

okay people. lets not get hateful and start up a war. this is just a forum thread for ideas for halo4. not a halo fight club.

added: Mr ATCG is right for the most part though. i have heard so much hate about sprint form MLG. But, but MLG has their reasons and i understand why they dislike sprint.

So you want halo reach with a BR? Pretty much what you listed.

> So you want halo reach with a BR? Pretty much what you listed.

not a real opinion and what you said has no point to the thread so just leave and don’t come back.

as of this morning the BR is confirmed. the making of halo 4 vid showed the BR! man oh man does this game look good!

Added: the Magnum was also confirmed. the vid shows the chief walking with it on his leg. time stamp 3:26

Added: it also looks like sprint is confirmed. in the new vid it shows a spartan sprinting for a second. time stamp 1:55

grenades appear to be on the top right now. time stamp 1:58

it also appears that bleedthrough in back in the game. which is good since it’s gonna be there from the begining.

Halo4 will have custom classes along the lines of CoD. not a copy 343i says. i hope it’s better than CoD.

for right now it looks like bloom isn’t in Halo4 and to me that is a good thing.

I think the mongoose is basically confirmed as well.

In the vidoc here you can see an holographic outlining of the Mongoose, or some four wheeled vehicle. Why would they put that there if it didn’t make the cut?

Gotta be the Mongoose.

> I think the mongoose is basically confirmed as well.
>
> In the vidoc here you can see an holographic outlining of the Mongoose, or some four wheeled vehicle. Why would they put that there if it didn’t make the cut?
>
> Gotta be the Mongoose.

i looked at that same holo figure and was able to determine that it was the warthog not the goose. srry bub.

in the Halo 4: First Look vid you see what looks like a Jatpack symbol in the top left corner with a useage meter. time stamp- 1:59-2:00

YOU FORGOT THE SMGGGGGGG! THIS THREAD FAAAAILLLSSSS WITHOUT THE SMG!

> > > This is a list of things i think 343 needs to put into Halo 4. As time goes on i will add new things to the list and confirm things that 343 says will be in Halo 4.
> > > 16. <mark>Sprint</mark>
> >
> > Halo 4 doesn’t need Sprint to be a good game.
>
> true. it doesn’t need it, but having it does make getting somewhere faster and it comes in handy.

I’m not buying because it has sprint. I’ll play black ops 2 when it comes out instead. Halo should be halo. They are going to add way to much bs and make the game crap.

Things that will be in Halo4

i will update both this post and the opinion list.

release date for Halo4 is 11/6/12

Elites= the covenant will be making a return in Halo4. the Elites will only be in the Campaign, they are not going to be in the Multiplayer… no news on if they are in Spartan Ops.

Grunts= some 3d model screen shots have been released and it shows a Grunt with a breathing mask on the top of his head. breathing through his nose instead of his mouth. (they look sharky)

Jackels= like the other covy shown, these guys look like the old ones, but not quite right. soemthin about them look a little off.

Female Spartans

Sword

Carbine

Storm Rifle= it was called the Assualt Carbine in the GI cover of Halo4. this is the replacement for the Plasma Rifle/Repeater.

AR= 343i recommends you burst fire for more power and accuracy.

DMR= now has a slower set rate of fire to balance out the weapon

BR= 3-round burst fire with hit-scan and recoil. looks like it’s a 4 shot kill.

Magnum= it appears to function and fire the same as the Reach Magnum with DMR style bloom. it seems like at range the magnum is more of a shield popper (due to inaccuracy at range) and at close range it’s a go to quick headshot gun.

Railgun= new UNSC weapon that is a mini MAC/Gauss rifle. it fires explosive rounds at high speeds (via magnetic accelerators aka MAC) that delivers both kenetic and explosive damage to soft and hard targets. it is an instant kill to players, but doesn’t blow up vehicles, it knocks them around, has a short charge time, and no zoom. this is a power weapon that will show up in “Weapon Drops”.

Frag Nades= they appear to be the same strength as the reach nuke nades.

Other Nades= the screenshots show 3 grenade slots(dot, diamond, frag.) and H4 looks like you can only hold 2 of each type of nade. (the 3rd nade type was revealed at PAX pealse find the 2nd list of confirmed things on the next page)

Plasma Nades

Warthog= 343i has said that vehicles will now be stronger defensively. (after Reach something really needed to be done)

Banshee- the evasion moves have been slowed down so now people can’t just flip out of the way of every shot fired.

Ghost

Sniper Rifle- doesn’t appear to be a vehicle wrecker anymore.

Shotgun- new look and harder to use then the reach shotty.

Plasma Pistol= most of the covenant weapons and vehicles look like they did in Reach, but they don’t work the same. the pp burn throught its ammo/battery super fast because it’s a starter weapon.

Needler= the needler and all the other covenant stuff is now colored the same covy purple. now needles stick into you like they did in Halo CE for the Supercombine explosion.

Light Rifle= seems like the forrunner/promethian equivalent of the DMR, but with more power. has a 3 shot burst like the br when unscoped and a stronger one shot when scoped.

Scattershot= forrunner/promethian shotgun, has bouncing bullets.

Assassinations= they look faster and awesome.

ThrusterPack= it’s like a nerfed version of Evade from reach. you can only use it once at a time and it takes a while to fully recharge.

JetPack= i haven’t seen much video of it being used, but it’s been slightly nerfed from the reach version.

Sprint= now a defualt always available ability plus an added armor ability. you will sprint slower when being shot. so this means you can have both sprint and jetpack/hologram/invise/promethian vision.

Hologram= from what i’ve heared this will be able to trick Forrunner Vision.

Active Camo/Invise- no more radar jam on your radar. i think it shows you a bunch of moving blue dots, but that’s nowhere near as bad as the reach radar jam.

HardLight Shield= creates a shield made of hard light that protects you from incoming forward damage. turns red when it’s about to fail.

Spartan Ops= new 4 player co-op replacement for firefight, with a story. it is said that 5 missions will be released/unlocked (not DLC) every week that go along with a cinematic. your multiplayer custom Spartan IV will be used in this section.

“Random” Weapon Drops= “random” timer with “multiple drop points”. the game will indacte when the “Power” Weapons are about to drop and the screen will have icons to indicate where they are and if they are still available for pick up. there will be an inital weapon drop at the begining of the game to keep the original flow of gameplay.

Promethian Vision= short term visual echo location that lets you see through walls. you kinda become DareDevil for a moment.

Voice Over by Conan O’Brian and Andy Richter= they will be marines at a loading dock on the UNSC Inifinity. Andy: “I guess if we just stand here long enough someone will come along and kill us.” Conan: “And if someone were to kill us, they would show our bodies only the ultamite respect.” Andy: “Yeah, no celebratory crouching on our faces.” Conan: “Nope.”

Voices by the original (Steve Downs)Master Chief, (Jen Tailor)Cortana, and Announcer.

Spartan Points= like Cr from Reach. you will use these points to buy Armor, Weapons, and Armor Abilities.

EXP= you will recieve Experience Points upon completion of a game. i don’t know the exact workings, but some how they also translate to Spartan Points

Customizable Loadouts= using Spartan Points you will be able to customize loadouts to fit your play style and tactical situations. from what i understand you can customize Grenades, Armor Ability, Primary and Secondary Weapons, and some kind of personal modifaction for more ammo or some other stuff like that.

UNSC Infinity= multiplayer. the UNSC Infinity is the largest ship ever constructed by the UNSC. Halo 4s Multiplayer takes place on the Battle Deck or Combat Deck of the UNSC Infinity where the Spartan IV’s go on a Blue or Red Team and run Training Exercises. the Battle/Combat Deck is a giant Hologram Projector and can simulate any turrain. which means there is no excuse for not seeing all past Halo maps.

War Games= the new gmaes in Halo 4.

Dyson Sphere= also known as Shield Worlds, in Halo 4 this one is called “Requiem”. much like the Shield World seen in Halo Wars and in Halo: Ghosts of Onyx. this is the Shield to the Sword for the survival of intelligent life in the Galaxy. when the Halo Rings fire they send out a radiation pulse that destroys the Flood and all forms of intelligent life they could consume. the Shield World is a Slip-Space contained Bio-Dome that protects occupants, DNA Samples, and living Specimans from the radiation pulse created by the firing of the Halo Array.

Unknown Acient Evil= The Didact. he was the creator of the Halo Array. his original plan was much more than just fire the rings and have the shield worlds recreate life after the pulse passes. he was exiled by the Forrunner council and locked away. i hypothesized that it was the Didact while talking to my friends about the last in-game terminal from CEA in December.

New Enemies= Crawler, Watchers, and Promethian Knights. the Crawlers look like an angry mix of a robo dog and an ant. Watchers can be released from the back of a knight, they give defensive boosts to thier allies like engineers do. Promethian Knights are a strong leader class that use a mix of teleportation, melee, and guns.
343i says there will be more enemies shown in the future.

Continued on page2

You forgot (or omitted which would be disappointing)…

PROPER RANKED MATCHMAKING

> You forgot (or omitted which would be disappointing)…
>
> PROPER RANKED MATCHMAKING

i was never a fan of this in H3. it kept me from getting to a higher rank. after i hit Field Major i couldn’t go up anymore. they can have it in, but it shouldn’t tie in to your rank.