Things from the beta you wished weren't changed

I know that H5 has been out for nearly a year now, and the beta for it is long gone. However, I’m curious to hear what kind of things did a lot of you wish remained in the final game, from the beta/wished wasn’t changed? For me, (and this is just a small one off the top of my head), I kind of wish that 343 kept the DMR scope the way it was originally. Now, I didn’t get the chance to play the beta, so I’m not sure what kind of problems people were having with it, but it looked really slick to me personally.

I also would’ve liked for them to have kept the beta menu, which was much more intuitive and user friendly, than what we have now. Improve on it and make it even better, not scrap it completely for what now feels like an actual, beta menu.

I’d like to hear from you, mates. Whatever you may have wanted to remain, by all means, say it.

The only thing i miss is the old winning screen where your Spartans high-five and bro out. I thought that was really cool.

Motion Tracker range in Arena playlists and the aiming system the beta used.

I liked the more significant headshot multiplier for autos from the beta. Better autos, happier Longhorn.

Aiming system, the current one -Yoinks!- with my mind every day. I’m always constantly changing settings cuz one day I’ll find one that works but the next day it doesn’t and then I get back at the drawing board.

> 2533274805497312;4:
> I liked the more significant headshot multiplier for autos from the beta. Better autos, happier Longhorn.

The auto headshot bonus is already too high lol

Anyway, I just wish the graphics were the same, the beta looked superior to the final product.

> 2533274923562209;5:
> Aiming system, the current one -Yoinks!- with my mind every day. I’m always constantly changing settings cuz one day I’ll find one that works but the next day it doesn’t and then I get back at the drawing board.

I’m almost convinced there is a bug that 343 completely missed during development. For a while I was sure it had something to do with the two turn aiming system Halo 5 uses now but one minute my aim feels responsive and then whenever I play a different match or I respawn, I feel my aim has slight input lag which makes it feel sluggish and slow. Having the old aiming system from previous Halo’s would be a god send too but I swear there is also something wrong with the aim due to performance issues or whatever.

I havent played the beta but like others have said. The aiming system, the current one pretty much ruins the game for me. I can play battlefield without aim assist but with halo 5 even with aim assist it feels like im wrestling the controller whenever I play it.

> 2533275011223280;2:
> The only thing i miss is the old winning screen where your Spartans high-five and bro out. I thought that was really cool.

The thing I was most sad about when Halo 5 was released.

That art style and the winning screen, the ground pound style and sniper look. Apart from that(which I really wish they hadn’t changed) the rest of the changes were good.

The impressive lighting and shading as well as higher quality effects and first person shadow casting. The maps looked so much more beautiful, and Shadows actually properly appeared on Spartans instead of being neon glow in the dark.

> 2533274923562209;5:
> Aiming system, the current one -Yoinks!- with my mind every day. I’m always constantly changing settings cuz one day I’ll find one that works but the next day it doesn’t and then I get back at the drawing board.

This, I’ve probably changed my sensitivity in Halo 5 more times than any other Halo game combined. I could stick to somethin in past games, not so much in this game, but I might have found something I can tolerate.

I also wish they didn’t brighten up a map like Eden and returned the dark, shiny, damp feel it had in the Beta. I agree with the victory animation as well, because it was the only amusing thing in Arena lol.

The lighting system and the ability to customize your shoulders.

More medals appearing on screen. 343 seemed to misinterpret what players ment when they said “there are too many medals.” Instead of reducing the amount of medals in general, they just reduced how many appeared at once. Having the medals in the post game is nice, but it really devalues the skill medals in game when you get a medal for a headshots, sniper kill, and a shotgun kill overwriting your double/triple/overkill medals.

> 2533275011223280;2:
> The only thing i miss is the old winning screen where your Spartans high-five and bro out. I thought that was really cool.

Yes, I was very disappointed that it was not in the final version. Any idea why 343i changed it?

> 2533275030819984;15:
> > 2533275011223280;2:
> > The only thing i miss is the old winning screen where your Spartans high-five and bro out. I thought that was really cool.
>
>
> Yes, I was very disappointed that it was not in the final version. Any idea why 343i changed it?

Some people (like me) disliked it, and some of those people (not me) told 343, hence it isn’t in the final version. Hooray for beta feedback. :smiley:

> 2533274881560701;16:
> > 2533275030819984;15:
> > > 2533275011223280;2:
> > > The only thing i miss is the old winning screen where your Spartans high-five and bro out. I thought that was really cool.
> >
> >
> > Yes, I was very disappointed that it was not in the final version. Any idea why 343i changed it?
>
>
> Some people (like me) disliked it, and some of those people (not me) told 343, hence it isn’t in the final version. Hooray for beta feedback. :smiley:

Why didn’t you like it? SPARTANS squaring off and high-fiving after a match seemed pretty cool, seemed better than what we’ve got now.

> 2533275030819984;17:
> > 2533274881560701;16:
> > > 2533275030819984;15:
> > > > 2533275011223280;2:
> > > > The only thing i miss is the old winning screen where your Spartans high-five and bro out. I thought that was really cool.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes, I was very disappointed that it was not in the final version. Any idea why 343i changed it?
> >
> >
> > Some people (like me) disliked it, and some of those people (not me) told 343, hence it isn’t in the final version. Hooray for beta feedback. :smiley:
>
>
> Why didn’t you like it? SPARTANS squaring off and high-fiving after a match seemed pretty cool, seemed better than what we’ve got now.

Some of us saw it as non-spartany.
I’ve come to the conclusion that it didn’t represent me, disconnecting me from my avatar that is supposed to be me, that’s why I disliked it.
I dislike the exit screen now as well, but only because I think it’s a time-waster.

For me, I miss the way the assault rifle and magnum used to work. Im aware thats an unpopular opinion, but the assault rifle felt good and wasnt used as just a backup; I could actually confront someone at close range face to face confidently without the worry of dying simply because my enemy had a br while the magnum was like a precision weapon that didnt feel super redundant like the dmr and br when compared to each other (seriously they’re the same gun). Also I liked the old art style, that shading seemed a bit better and smoother I don’t know maybe that’s just me

It’s simple… THE LIGHTING!!! The 720p resolution is also something they didn’t need to change. Oh and the fistpumping spartans.