things are going to be very different this time

things are going to be very different this time in halo 3 i only played MP and campaign until i got all the achievements then all i did was play MP. reach on the other hand i probly wont be on MP much at all because i will be on firefight and forge. anybody els feel like the mp is not going to be as used in reach?

Matchmaking in Reach is definitely going to be widely played, despite the other awesome features available (Forge World, Firefight, hopefully an awesome campaign). Over time the Halo population has progressed so that there are more players playing the most recent game than that of the previous game, which is only natural. Given that Matchmaking has been geared towards the more casual players I’m sure hundreds of thousands of people will be playing online at any given moment.

~Hawk

The coolest part for me, is that there are so many options for such a wide variety of interests. I’ve traditionally been mainly concerned with MP after playing through the Campaign a handful of times. But, I loved the potential of Forge and can’t wait for the new tool set available in Reach (I sucked at building anything remotely worthwhile in 3), and Firefight is a great way to capture the sense of teamwork that comes with co-op Campaign, but with an added level of competition.

I honestly can’t say which mode I will spend the most time in… and I like that feeling.

-Jon

With all the new stuff to do I don’t think I’ll ever get around to matchmaking :stuck_out_tongue:

I probably won’t be In MatchMaking for a while as well! There are so many other things to test out first.

I’ve taken that whole week off.

My schedule for playing is:

Campaign first. Likely on “heroic.”
Then Matchmaking anytime my online gaming community buds are on.
Otherwise, it’s FORGE!

I am my group’s Forge Master, so I’ll be looking to come up with some GREAT builds.

I still have a Halo 3 map that I want to share with the masses. Everyone that has played on it either liked or loved it. (If any of you want to check it out, look me up on LIVE, send me an INV and say you saw my post on the Waypoint forums.)

-RM Jedi

I can only get 2 days off this time around:(. Campaign first though. Heroic as well.

I’m taking the first day off. So I can complete campaign, do some Firefight, mess around in Forge, and play a few custom games.

Then, if I can take day 2 off, I’ll be playing a lot of Matchmaking, and Firefight Matchmaking. All these new features have amazed me, and this game has far passed my expectations (and my expectations were HIGH). Super hyped for Reach :smiley:

i am not really sure about this game.

i loved all the other halo s halo 3 was the best. well i did not like halo 2 all the glitchers.

i played the beta but i got to say i did not like it that must it was fun but i hate all the game modes there gay.

i like to just kill teamdeath match freeforall but what they really need is a hardcore more, so it does not take ten million shots to kill someone. yeah i know there in a halo suit but come on. what about the futuristic guns.

all im saying is make it hardcore a few shot kills. must need teamdeath match or hardcore slayer.

if they put this in the game i might buy it if not well they suck.

make a million dollar game then change the -Yoink- out of the old games to make this new one but forget why all the people liked the other game. thats what i saw in the beta.

I think there is going to be a huge variety everywhere.

I think the new firefight is going to open up the game to all kinds of new players. With all the customization options there are so many different ways to play. Multiplayer matchmaking is no longer the only outlet to put more hours into. Also, the fact that credits can be earned in any mode really reinforces the player to play any way they want.

> I’ve taken that whole week off.
>
> My schedule for playing is:
>
> Campaign first. Likely on “heroic.”
> Then Matchmaking anytime my online gaming community buds are on.
> Otherwise, it’s FORGE!
>
> I am my group’s Forge Master, so I’ll be looking to come up with some GREAT builds.
>
> I still have a Halo 3 map that I want to share with the masses. Everyone that has played on it either liked or loved it. (If any of you want to check it out, look me up on LIVE, send me an INV and say you saw my post on the Waypoint forums.)
>
> -RM Jedi

Same thing for me. I may play Legendary Co-op, though.

There certainly still be players who only play MP. You’re forgetting that everybody who plays Halo isn’t a guy on the forums who is getting legendary. Most people might just be browsing target and see a new game and pick it up and play it online every once in a while. Most of the Halo community, and any community for that fact, is that guy.

> There certainly still be players who only play MP. You’re forgetting that everybody who plays Halo isn’t a guy on the forums who is getting legendary. Most people might just be browsing target and see a new game and pick it up and play it online every once in a while. Most of the Halo community, and any community for that fact, is that guy.

This is very true. One of my best friends plays the Campagin only because his net connection lags to much against overseas connections. This can account for another large population of halo players.

I think Halo: Reach will expand even further because there is ‘sooooo’ much todo this time around. We’re not talking 300 000 online at any given time anymore, there will be closer to a million.
And with a higher population, that means more variety in skill, and i think our MP will enjoy that.