They should make another ODST game.

I personally, love ODST, mostly the characters, but still, imagine ODST with assassinations and the Updated graphics, plus giving it a really good heartfelt campaign not just “Oh it was a Expansion pack we turned into a whole game” I mean as long as the characters come back, I think it’d be epic, especially if they can actually pull the missions off right this time. What do you think?

I reckon so aswell, but give it a bit more beef this time round, i wanna see from in from sky action, i wanna see large battlefields with heaps of odsts in war, i wanna be fighting side be side with spartans, and i wanna have odst falling from sky multiplayer! make it happen 343, but after halo cea, halo 4 and halo wars 2 :slight_smile:

ODST was a beta reach itself, why make more off topic halo games and not finish up the projects you are working on?

Me and my friend were just talking about this the other day, and I really enjoyed Halo 3: ODST, had a very dark, cold yet exciting feeling to the game, it was very different from the other Halo games but also the same in many respects.

At Comic Con I believe the writer of Halo 4 let slip that ODST’s will feature in Halo 4 which sounds positive. But I doubt they’ll bring out an ODST game that is set during the Human-Covenant war (Before Halo 3) because that would just confuse players in terms of the linear timeline. I struggled to understand that Halo 3: ODST was set between Halo 2 and Halo 3 itself. Maybe they could release a Halo 4: ODST that kind of fills the gap between Halo 4 and Halo 5 while we wait. Would be very interesting as to where the ODST technology improves after the Human-Covenant war, whether the drop pods have a lower casualty rate or whether the armour is improved.

My verdict is yes, they should give the ODST’s another game, but not start it off as an expansion, make it into a proper spin-off.

I have an idea. People should
1.) not make up stuff
2.) not make any more side story games

While it would be nice to see another game that follows the ODST, given everything that 343 is doing at the moment, I would say the chances of it happening at the present time, or at any point in the foreseeable future, to be at about zero. However, I would certainly like Buck and his squad to return, whether it be in Halo 4, or in some other form of media.

I think they should make a mini campaign on Reach via Add-on.

If they do any side stories it will most likely be after the new trilogy. but i hope they do some as they add a lot more to the universe.

In the Book The Flood, (Halo CE) ODSTs play a major role in securing most of the Halo Ring and setting a Base.
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary: ODST?

> In the Book The Flood, (Halo CE) ODSTs play a major role in securing most of the Halo Ring and setting a Base.
> Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary: ODST?

Oh God, please, yes!

That is actually the best idea for another ODST game I’ve read so far, and I’ve read many.

I would preffer a sequel with the same formula.

> > In the Book The Flood, (Halo CE) ODSTs play a major role in securing most of the Halo Ring and setting a Base.
> > Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary: ODST?
>
> Oh God, please, yes!
>
> That is actually the best idea for another ODST game I’ve read so far, and I’ve read many.

That would actually be quite great if done right. We don’t really need assassinations or anything like that in my opinion. I’d love an ODST game on the Combat Evolved engine, but with the new Anniversary engine providing graphics (and hence no classic mode). But, in my eyes, that would end up being DLC. Hence, it wouldn’t be nearly as developed as we want, and people would be crashing down on 343 Industries for trying.

Halo 3: ODST was lightning, really. I don’t really want them to try it again. It was the first time I appreciated the brevity of a game simply because of the fact that it was so delicate and every minute served a purpose. To translate this into a new, full-length installment on the Reach engine is to try and recapture the lightning, and my bet would be on that not working.

Besides, in my opinion, ODST was 35% open exploration, 5% action sequences, and 60% Marty O’Donnell. Seriously, the man made the game. It’s by far some of my favorite music to this day. It’s moody, dark, and lonely. I’m not sure anybody could emulate that, and the atmosphere is what made ODST so effective. Without that atmosphere, a new ODST installment would just be Halo without Spartans.

If 343 Industries could somehow get the team of the original ODST in to try and make a new one, I would instantly buy it, but I still wouldn’t approve of the idea itself. I’d be more excited than if 343 themselves tried to take a crack at it, but I would still think it’s a bad idea.

ushiomi6: "ODST was a beta reach itself, why make more off topic halo games and not finish up the projects you are working on?"
Sorry for the basic quoting, but I’ve had bad experiences personally with trying to actually quote two things on these forums. Anyways, ODST actually wasn’t a beta Reach; the projects were unrelated. Reach was in development since sometime in 2007, while ODST went into development in 2008. Further, they weren’t even created by the same teams at Bungie. Some of them went on to Reach after ODST, but they didn’t really get the hindsight of ODST I’d bet, because it had been out for only somewhere around ten months before Reach was finished. That last bit is just my speculation, though. I don’t honestly know if any of them went on to work on Reach, in fact.

What I do know is that Reach and ODST hold very little in common. Reach is on a huge, much more technically impressive engine with a whole new arsenal of weapons, both on the UNSC and Covenant sides. Reach has assassinations. Reach has Spartans. Reach has linear level design. ODST, by comparison, has the same old Halo 3 weapons. It has ODSTs. It has an open, more exploratory level design. There are two distinct things that Reach and ODST hold in common: A) They both focus their stories on a cast of main characters, rather than a single one. B) They both use the Combat Evolved health system.

But that doesn’t mean that they’re related in any way. ODST is much more moody and executed so differently that it’s absurd, in my opinion, the call it a “beta” for Reach. That’s just what I think though. Either way, both are excellent games, with Reach being the better of the two in some ways, and ODST being the better of the two in others.