They should bring back...

Clan support! I don’t know why it has been ditched for halo 3, but I really liked that feature in halo 2 and I hope they bring it back. They should also add special matchmaking for clanmatches.

Hell yes!

it won’t happen though

It would be too big of an update. But i had completely forgotten about clan support! Maybe in Halo 4.

They should bring that back.

absolutely! i loved this feature in halo 2. it was so fun to make a clan in halo 2 then see how high you could get in the clan battles matchmaking. it was really cool to belong to a clan and play against other clans in matchmaking. i hope they have this in halo 4.

Yes! Clan battles! Go, go, go!

Really, what was the thinking behind removing a good feature?

I’d like to see clan support that also relates to the way they handle people in parties (i.e. they get matched up, as best as the system can, against other parties). So, basically, I’m saying that the game should read the players in a party and see: clan member, clan member, clan member, random guy and say “well, I should match these guys against another three person clan party” instead of just a random three person party. Ya dig?

The old clan stuff would be cool too, as long as they updated the features and all.

> I’d like to see clan support that also relates to the way they handle people in parties (i.e. they get matched up, as best as the system can, against other parties). So, basically, I’m saying that the game should read the players in a party and see: clan member, clan member, clan member, random guy and say “well, I should match these guys against another three person clan party” instead of just a random three person party. Ya dig?
>
> The old clan stuff would be cool too, as long as they updated the features and all.

Yeah that would be cool too.

> Yes! Clan battles! Go, go, go!
>
> Really, what was the thinking behind removing a good feature?

im pretty sure microsoft had something to do with it. people were using the clans as an additional friends list, where previously you would have to spend money for more slots on your friends list, or make another gamertag to do so.

> > Yes! Clan battles! Go, go, go!
> >
> > Really, what was the thinking behind removing a good feature?
>
> im pretty sure microsoft had something to do with it. people were using the clans as an additional friends list, where previously you would have to spend money for more slots on your friends list, or make another gamertag to do so.

I also heard that too many confrontations would happen at Halo events. Also, big time gang rivalries were being started and it defeated the purpose of just a gaming clan. I would like to see it return but I highly doubt that it will. Just playing with friends and making a team works out just as well anyway.

Come at me, bring it back

Clan support was definitely a major draw for Halo 2, and I hope to see it return one day. Consider this post my sign of support.

Yes!

Clans in H2 had no credibility as far as the “skill” of a clan. I remember seeing a lot of 4-man teams make a new clan, pair against noobs for a few games, disband and make a new clan and repeat the cycle. It became a way of “creating new accounts” without paying for them and manipulating the network to only pair you against people of significantly lower skill than you and your team.

When not abused, I agree, clans are a good idea. But implemented as it was, it was just too easy to abuse.

Definitely yes! The clan system was the best feature of any Halo game! Clan matches were so fun, and it was like having a second friends list!

> Clans in H2 had no credibility as far as the “skill” of a clan. I remember seeing a lot of 4-man teams make a new clan, pair against noobs for a few games, disband and make a new clan and repeat the cycle. It became a way of “creating new accounts” without paying for them and manipulating the network to only pair you against people of significantly lower skill than you and your team.
>
> When not abused, I agree, clans are a good idea. But implemented as it was, it was just too easy to abuse.

Ummm…how is that different then social where I can go in with a party of 8 and match 8 randoms like every time?

Alot of things can be abused in Halo bro, with great things you have to sacrafise a little sometimes.