They should add armor abilities back (Differently)

Armor abilities should be added back such as jetpack, thruster, bubble shield, armor lock, promethean vision, ect. But in a different way than loadouts.

They should be added back as power ups like Halo’s invisibility and over-shield. Just like those abilities, certain maps have certain armor abilities set for those maps. For example, jetpack power up on a map with heights or promethean vision/thrusters on a map with tight corners. And when you die, it behaves like a normal power up and burns it the ability.

It gives new creativity and diversity with power ups than just two of them while also bringing back their ability gameplay. The only thing they need is to tweak the ability a bit to be more balanced.

Like the ones in H3? I felt like those were the most balanced.

I did not like them on Sandtrap, though.
When someone not making a run for the flag grabs the gravlift from Red spawn and not use it in the center, the map becomes one-sided.

Bubble shield would be cool if it came back, as for the rest, I hope we never see them.

Well, there were Reach AA’s and Halo 4 AA’s. Reach’s AA’s were planned to be loadout gear because you were supposed to decide how you were going to play your match before the match started. Halo 4 AA’s were supposed to enhance your play style, and you were expected to specialize. Both methods were supposed to help you define a role for yourself as a team member. The average Halo player has no interest in being a team member That’s why even in HCS matches once the clock starts everyone on both sides just does their own thing. I remember wanting to be known as an Operator in Halo 4 and taking great pains to gain all the Operator abilities and armor because my favorite thing in Halo is driving a Warthog and I was damn good at it. That only mattered in Spartan Ops, though, and only slightly so. I think it should matter more. You can win cash prizes for running and gunning, but drivers and pilots just can’t seem to get a break.

That’s really how they should’ve operated in the first place. The second that the importance of map control was reduced in favour of loadouts and whatever the hell’s going on in Halo 5, the series took a turn for the worst. If they’re going to be implemented as “power abilities,” they should only appear sparingly, similar to Overshields and Active Camo in the originals, as you said, and only feature on maps which adequately facilitate their uses.

So for example—the Jet-Pack and Ground Pound should be pickups on maps which emphasize verticality and positioning (Hang 'Em High, Swordbase); Promethean Vison and Evade/ Thruster Pack on maps with CQC (Guardian, Lockout); Armor-Lock and Bubble Shield/ Regen Field on BTB maps (Blood Gulch, Sandtrap); Active Camo and Holograms on long range maps (Ridgeline, Narrows); and Hardlight Shield and Autosentry can go die in a hole. I could actually see it working pretty well, but in all honesty I think that 343 have been burned too many times by Armor Abilities to give them another go.

as much as I loathed armor lock and jetpacks, I would like to see the return of the bubble shield, hologram, and the green bubble of healing

This is the only way I would be fine with them staying. The developers should look at what abilities worked best from each game and put them all together. The ones I think worked best are:

• Bubble shield from Halo 3/Reach - Power drain from Halo 3 - Sprint from Halo 5 - Jet pack from Halo Reach - Ground pound from Halo 5The others like the flare from Halo 3 and the thruster from Halo 4 seem quite useless so I prefer never to see them again ;’) They could be picked up like the equipment from Halo 3. The equipment would be LIMITED unlike that garbage we got in Halo 5 that turned Warzone into a coked up -Yoink- fest.

I think Armor Abilities are inherently fun additions to gameplay, but as seen with Reach and 4, they can have some serious negative impacts on map design and the core gameplay of the multiplayer. I wouldn’t mind seeing them back for the campaign and custom games, though. Equipment, on the other hand, I enjoyed a lot in Halo 3, so seeing those back in some capacity could be fun so long as the gameplay pacing isn’t too fast for them.

I’m fine with having armor abilities but only if their are classic playlists.

> 2533274847370776;8:
> I think Armor Abilities are inherently fun additions to gameplay, but as seen with Reach and 4, they can have some serious negative impacts on map design and the core gameplay of the multiplayer. I wouldn’t mind seeing them back for the campaign and custom games, though. Equipment, on the other hand, I enjoyed a lot in Halo 3, so seeing those back in some capacity could be fun so long as the gameplay pacing isn’t too fast for them.

True that, but if reintroduced as equipment with limited usage AA from Reach or H4 or even SA from H5G could work. The biggest problem as far as I see it is geometry breaking abilities like jet packs, climber or even new stuff like - I don’t know - double jumps or wall runs (hopefully not). It’s all a mater of balancing, spawning time and how you can use them really. Not to mention with such modularity if something ain’t working you can replace the equipment or just get rid of it.

> 2533274795098161;10:
> > 2533274847370776;8:
> > I think Armor Abilities are inherently fun additions to gameplay, but as seen with Reach and 4, they can have some serious negative impacts on map design and the core gameplay of the multiplayer. I wouldn’t mind seeing them back for the campaign and custom games, though. Equipment, on the other hand, I enjoyed a lot in Halo 3, so seeing those back in some capacity could be fun so long as the gameplay pacing isn’t too fast for them.
>
> True that, but if reintroduced as equipment with limited usage AA from Reach or H4 or even SA from H5G could work. The biggest problem as far as I see it is geometry breaking abilities like jet packs, climber or even new stuff like - I don’t know - double jumps or wall runs (hopefully not). It’s all a mater of balancing, spawning time and how you can use them really. Not to mention with such modularity if something ain’t working you can replace the equipment or just get rid of it.

I think that mobility AA’s wouldn’t work to well as equipment because those roles could easily be filled by other things that would work better (and maybe even be more balanced), such as having the Grav Lift instead of the Jetpack. I think a better template would be to strip the player bare of all SA’s (maybe not Sprint if maps are designed around that ability), and then have specific playlists that incorporate AA’s as an equal start SA, i.e. Thrusters being for default playlists, but then having other options like Jet Pack Slayer. It’s hard to pull off since Halo is an equal starts Arena multiplayer, which limits options like this.

I just miss my jetpacks

I don’t think they necessarily have to function exactly like power ups, but they absolutely need to be designed around the idea that you pick them up on the map, spawning as loadouts is a bad idea outside of niche modes like Invasion.

That being said, they also need to be easily seen on player models and counter-able. No invincibility like armor lock or hardlight(from the front), no instant protection like the Drop/Bubble shield. Jetpack is a good example of something than can be impactful without redefining map design provided it is limited to one or two players at the most at any given time.

They don’t all necessarily have to be balanced for multiplayer either, if you want something really crazy there is nothing wrong with a certain ability being campaign/co-op only.

I just thought that the idea of invisiblity and overshield the only powerups was making it less a variety on effecting gameplay. I thought if we brought back armor abilities as power ups, they would change the effect of maps. They don’t need to be on every map, nor, more than one on a map. Just like i said, behave like a power up and itd be great.

i would like to see all new content in the new games, even though i have fun with the new content “aa”

Im just bored with power weapons always switching through modes and maps. I thought adding new power ups would make it better.