They’re not gonna delay again

So the news that forge and co-op won’t be in there at launch has gotten the community in a frenzy. There are some who are suggesting that 343 delay the game again until mid 2022. I’m here to say that this definitely won’t be happening. We’re now nearing the end of August. Infinite will likely be at Gamescom on Tuesday, and with that a release date announced. The game is more than likely now less than 3 months away from launch. I’m certain that MS isn’t gonna allow them to delay again, especially as now release is getting closer and closer. For better or worse, Infinite is releasing this holiday, sadly without forge and co-op out of the gate.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> So the news that forge and co-op won’t be in there at launch has gotten the community in a frenzy. There are some who are suggesting that 343 delay the game again until mid 2022. I’m here to say that this definitely won’t be happening. We’re now nearing the end of August. Infinite will likely be at Gamescom on Tuesday, and with that a release date announced. The game is more than likely now less than 3 months away from launch. I’m certain that MS isn’t gonna allow them to delay again, especially as now release is getting closer and closer. For better or worse, Infinite is releasing this holiday, sadly without forge and co-op out of the gate.

Entirely agree. I am okay with the decision taken and the reasons behind it. I’d rather play solo day 1 than wait 3 months to play solo just because someone else would rather play Co-op. Lack of Forge at launch just doesn’t affect me at all.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> So the news that forge and co-op won’t be in there at launch has gotten the community in a frenzy. There are some who are suggesting that 343 delay the game again until mid 2022. I’m here to say that this definitely won’t be happening. We’re now nearing the end of August. Infinite will likely be at Gamescom on Tuesday, and with that a release date announced. The game is more than likely now less than 3 months away from launch. I’m certain that MS isn’t gonna allow them to delay again, especially as now release is getting closer and closer. For better or worse, Infinite is releasing this holiday, sadly without forge and co-op out of the gate.

The prepare yourself for H5 2.0 at launch with no content and things like oddball king of the hill and the sword being introduced as “free dlc” later on
Remember when H5 gave us BtB and the gravity hammer as “free dlc”…yeah…here we go again

six years 500 million and a new game engine… stop giving 343i free passes, we’ve been giving them free passes since halo ce anniversary and with every release they drop the ball badly and with every release they talk about how “they’ve learned from their mistakes and it won’t happen again” and with evry release its the same shiza all over again

“343 is going to throw out an unfinished game no matter what” And? What’s your point? Why would that make it acceptable?

> 2533274819446242;4:
> “343 is going to throw out an unfinished game no matter what” And? What’s your point? Why would that make it acceptable?

Except the game will be finished? Just because two things that aren’t 100% ready yet doesn’t warrant the entire game to be delayed up to 6 months. And just because they said it’ll be included in later seasons doesn’t mean there scrapping content for later release.

> 2533274819446242;4:
> “343 is going to throw out an unfinished game no matter what” And? What’s your point? Why would that make it acceptable?

You know MS has deadlines and investors right?

> 2533274832360281;5:
> > 2533274819446242;4:
> > “343 is going to throw out an unfinished game no matter what” And? What’s your point? Why would that make it acceptable?
>
> Except the game will be finished? Just because two things that aren’t 100% ready yet doesn’t warrant the entire game to be delayed up to 6 months. And just because they said it’ll be included in later seasons doesn’t mean there scrapping content for later release.

Halo without campaign co-op is not what I consider “finished” because I have standards. Missing significant features to add back later is not what I call “finished”

> 2533274840469109;6:
> > 2533274819446242;4:
> > “343 is going to throw out an unfinished game no matter what” And? What’s your point? Why would that make it acceptable?
>
> You know MS has deadlines and investors right?

So then why didn’t it release last year? Gotta love schrodinger’s deadline. It still isn’t acceptable.

> 2533274832130936;3:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > So the news that forge and co-op won’t be in there at launch has gotten the community in a frenzy. There are some who are suggesting that 343 delay the game again until mid 2022. I’m here to say that this definitely won’t be happening. We’re now nearing the end of August. Infinite will likely be at Gamescom on Tuesday, and with that a release date announced. The game is more than likely now less than 3 months away from launch. I’m certain that MS isn’t gonna allow them to delay again, especially as now release is getting closer and closer. For better or worse, Infinite is releasing this holiday, sadly without forge and co-op out of the gate.
>
> The prepare yourself for H5 2.0 at launch with no content and things like oddball king of the hill and the sword being introduced as “free dlc” later on
> Remember when H5 gave us BtB and the gravity hammer as “free dlc”…yeah…here we go again
>
> six years 500 million and a new game engine… stop giving 343i free passes, we’ve been giving them free passes since halo ce anniversary and with every release they drop the ball badly and with every release they talk about how “they’ve learned from their mistakes and it won’t happen again” and with evry release its the same shiza all over again

I’m not giving “free passes”, I’m just being realistic. I’m fine with people criticizing them, but so many are screeching at them right now it’s ridiculous.

> 2533274840469109;6:
> > 2533274819446242;4:
> > “343 is going to throw out an unfinished game no matter what” And? What’s your point? Why would that make it acceptable?
>
> You know MS has deadlines and investors right?

They already had deadlines and investors last year. They will also still have them in 3 or 6 months.

> 2533274819446242;7:
> > 2533274832360281;5:
> > > 2533274819446242;4:
> > > “343 is going to throw out an unfinished game no matter what” And? What’s your point? Why would that make it acceptable?
> >
> > Except the game will be finished? Just because two things that aren’t 100% ready yet doesn’t warrant the entire game to be delayed up to 6 months. And just because they said it’ll be included in later seasons doesn’t mean there scrapping content for later release.
>
> Halo without campaign co-op is not what I consider “finished” because I have standards. Missing significant features to add back later is not what I call “finished”

So we should delay the game based on what you consider “finished” If the game is 100% complete except two “significant” features as you claim and there not game breaking features which these are not. Launch the full game and bring those features when there complete. No need to delay the game anymore

> 2533274832360281;10:
> Launch the full game and bring those features when there complete.

Exactly. Launch the game when it’s full, not half of it now and the other half later.

> 2533274840469109;8:
> > 2533274832130936;3:
> > > 2533274840469109;1:
> > >
>
> I’m not giving “free passes”, I’m just being realistic. I’m fine with people criticizing them, but so many are screeching at them right now it’s ridiculous.

Man, the screeching is completely understandable IMO
I’m not saying they deserve death threats or abuse or anything of the sort, but they deserve and have deserved every single bit of backlash and criticism they ahve gotten and are getting
They do this kind of thing with every release and then every release talk about how “they’ve learned from their mistakes”
Its just getting real old at this point

> 2533274832360281;10:
> > 2533274819446242;7:
> > > 2533274832360281;5:
> > > > 2533274819446242;4:
> > > > “343 is going to throw out an unfinished game no matter what” And? What’s your point? Why would that make it acceptable?
> > >
> > > Except the game will be finished? Just because two things that aren’t 100% ready yet doesn’t warrant the entire game to be delayed up to 6 months. And just because they said it’ll be included in later seasons doesn’t mean there scrapping content for later release.
> >
> > Halo without campaign co-op is not what I consider “finished” because I have standards. Missing significant features to add back later is not what I call “finished”
>
> So we should delay the game based on what you consider “finished” If the game is 100% complete except two “significant” features as you claim and there not game breaking features which these are not. Launch the full game and bring those features when there complete. No need to delay the game anymore

The game should be delayed until it meets the standards of a Halo game. If “not being broken” is the only standard we have then its just as valid to cut say custom games. Might as well release the entire game piecemeal, I mean as long as its not “broken” right?

Why exactly should anyone be paying the same amount for less?

No co- op and forge sucks, but as long as single player campaign is finished and all of the major ranked and social playlists are there day 1 I think infinite will still have a good launch. I hope there are a lot of multiplayer maps on day 1.

I am okay with the Co-op Campaign levels not coming out on Halo Infinite launch. This can give Joseph Staten, Bonnie Ross and their team at 343 Industries more time to develop the Halo Infinite Co-op Campaign levels especially since the new Halo video game will have seasons and updates.

> 2533274819446242;13:
> > 2533274832360281;10:
> > > 2533274819446242;7:
> > > > 2533274832360281;5:
> > > > > 2533274819446242;4:
> > > > > “343 is going to throw out an unfinished game no matter what” And? What’s your point? Why would that make it acceptable?
> > > >
> > > > Except the game will be finished? Just because two things that aren’t 100% ready yet doesn’t warrant the entire game to be delayed up to 6 months. And just because they said it’ll be included in later seasons doesn’t mean there scrapping content for later release.
> > >
> > > Halo without campaign co-op is not what I consider “finished” because I have standards. Missing significant features to add back later is not what I call “finished”
> >
> > So we should delay the game based on what you consider “finished” If the game is 100% complete except two “significant” features as you claim and there not game breaking features which these are not. Launch the full game and bring those features when there complete. No need to delay the game anymore
>
> The game should be delayed until it meets the standards of a Halo game. If “not being broken” is the only standard we have then its just as valid to cut say custom games. Might as well release the entire game piecemeal, I mean as long as its not “broken” right?
>
> Why exactly should anyone be paying the same amount for less?

Because its guaranteed to be in the game… If they cut it sure, I’d be up in arms with you. But it’ll be in the game, its not worth delaying it. While you may think it is, I don’t. So I shouldn’t have to wait for a feature that I’ll rarely use and lets be honest here 99% of people will use it a handful of times throughout Halo Infinites lifespan (coop). If you so wish to wait until it comes out so be it, but myself and others aren’t going to wait and don’t want the game delayed over it when 99% of the game is finished.

> 2533274832360281;16:
> > 2533274819446242;13:
> > > 2533274832360281;10:
> > > > 2533274819446242;7:
> > > > > 2533274832360281;5:
> > > > > > 2533274819446242;4:
> > > > > > “343 is going to throw out an unfinished game no matter what” And? What’s your point? Why would that make it acceptable?
> > > > >
> > > > > Except the game will be finished? Just because two things that aren’t 100% ready yet doesn’t warrant the entire game to be delayed up to 6 months. And just because they said it’ll be included in later seasons doesn’t mean there scrapping content for later release.
> > > >
> > > > Halo without campaign co-op is not what I consider “finished” because I have standards. Missing significant features to add back later is not what I call “finished”
> > >
> > > So we should delay the game based on what you consider “finished” If the game is 100% complete except two “significant” features as you claim and there not game breaking features which these are not. Launch the full game and bring those features when there complete. No need to delay the game anymore
> >
> > The game should be delayed until it meets the standards of a Halo game. If “not being broken” is the only standard we have then its just as valid to cut say custom games. Might as well release the entire game piecemeal, I mean as long as its not “broken” right?
> >
> > Why exactly should anyone be paying the same amount for less?
>
> Because its guaranteed to be in the game… If they cut it sure, I’d be up in arms with you. But it’ll be in the game, its not worth delaying it. While you may think it is, I don’t. So I shouldn’t have to wait for a feature that I’ll rarely use and lets be honest here 99% of people will use it a handful of times throughout Halo Infinites lifespan (coop). If you so wish to wait until it comes out so be it, but myself and others aren’t going to wait and don’t want the game delayed over it when 99% of the game is finished.

How many other things in your life do you tolerate paying upfront to part of it to be delivered “eventually?”

Gotta love how proudly you are all declaring “I got mine.” but sure its the people with standards who are the problem.

> 2533274832130936;3:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > So the news that forge and co-op won’t be in there at launch has gotten the community in a frenzy. There are some who are suggesting that 343 delay the game again until mid 2022. I’m here to say that this definitely won’t be happening. We’re now nearing the end of August. Infinite will likely be at Gamescom on Tuesday, and with that a release date announced. The game is more than likely now less than 3 months away from launch. I’m certain that MS isn’t gonna allow them to delay again, especially as now release is getting closer and closer. For better or worse, Infinite is releasing this holiday, sadly without forge and co-op out of the gate.
>
> The prepare yourself for H5 2.0 at launch with no content and things like oddball king of the hill and the sword being introduced as “free dlc” later on
> Remember when H5 gave us BtB and the gravity hammer as “free dlc”…yeah…here we go again
>
> six years 500 million and a new game engine… stop giving 343i free passes, we’ve been giving them free passes since halo ce anniversary and with every release they drop the ball badly and with every release they talk about how “they’ve learned from their mistakes and it won’t happen again” and with evry release its the same shiza all over again

I’d much rather have Halo 5 2.0 than Duke Nukem Forever 2.0

> 2533274819446242;17:
> > 2533274832360281;16:
> > > 2533274819446242;13:
> > > > 2533274832360281;10:
> > > > > 2533274819446242;7:
> > > > > > 2533274832360281;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274819446242;4:
> > > > > > > “343 is going to throw out an unfinished game no matter what” And? What’s your point? Why would that make it acceptable?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Except the game will be finished? Just because two things that aren’t 100% ready yet doesn’t warrant the entire game to be delayed up to 6 months. And just because they said it’ll be included in later seasons doesn’t mean there scrapping content for later release.
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo without campaign co-op is not what I consider “finished” because I have standards. Missing significant features to add back later is not what I call “finished”
> > > >
> > > > So we should delay the game based on what you consider “finished” If the game is 100% complete except two “significant” features as you claim and there not game breaking features which these are not. Launch the full game and bring those features when there complete. No need to delay the game anymore
> > >
> > > The game should be delayed until it meets the standards of a Halo game. If “not being broken” is the only standard we have then its just as valid to cut say custom games. Might as well release the entire game piecemeal, I mean as long as its not “broken” right?
> > >
> > > Why exactly should anyone be paying the same amount for less?
> >
> > Because its guaranteed to be in the game… If they cut it sure, I’d be up in arms with you. But it’ll be in the game, its not worth delaying it. While you may think it is, I don’t. So I shouldn’t have to wait for a feature that I’ll rarely use and lets be honest here 99% of people will use it a handful of times throughout Halo Infinites lifespan (coop). If you so wish to wait until it comes out so be it, but myself and others aren’t going to wait and don’t want the game delayed over it when 99% of the game is finished.
>
> How many other things in your life do you tolerate paying upfront to part of it to be delivered “eventually?”
>
> Gotta love how proudly you are all declaring “I got mine.” but sure its the people with standards who are the problem.

If I could go into my personal life and the business I run you’d be surprised about paying upfront and delivered eventually

And yes ya’ll do have the problem trying to delay the game another 6 months for two minor inconveniences

> 2533274832360281;19:
> If I could go into my personal life and the business I run you’d be surprised about paying upfront and delivered eventually
>
> And yes ya’ll do have the problem trying to delay the game another 6 months for two minor inconveniences

We have the problem because we want to satisfy the whole Halo community, not just the self-centered, impatient ones? Okay then.