They locked down comments to "Buy and Play"

They really don’t respect us at all, do they? Looks like 343 just locked down the comments to the “14 Day - Buy and Play” blog post since no one in their right mind was buying their revisionist history:

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/12/11/14-Day-Buy-and-Play.aspx#comment

They kept deleting my comments too ha, I was just trying to spread the truth (we sound like a left wing movement)

It’s -Yoink-. There is no way they can cover this up because people already know this is just a poorly done lie. I won’t be buying the map pack after this, that’s for sure. If they had said “Hey, we screwed up and this is what we’re going to do”, I’d be fine and probably buy it. Instead of just compensating those who bought the map pass or the LE, they went and shafted all those who took advantage of a mistake [Admit it 343i, that’s what it is], and shafted us instead by beating around the bush. This is a dirty business tactic. And if that’s what 343i is going to do, they won’t see any more money from me. I will say this though. The BS in BS Angels tag is appropriately placed.

This thread will probably get locked too.

Only good comments can be in the comment section. This is kinda like google removing things you can search for in North Korea.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Does this suprise you in anyway? Their so called “Community Manager” hasnt tweeted a thing in 2 days.

There has been little/no response from 343.

They are trying to wait it out.

My threads earlier were deleted, criticism is not allowed apparantly.

Really disappointing overall.

I’m a bit surprised actually, because throughout the years Bungie has been pretty good about these things so I thought maybe 343 Industries would be as well. I’m not quite at the point where I’m going to try and actively hurt their bottom line, but if they keep on pushing it maybe Halo 4 will be my last Halo game. Maybe it’ll never be bought by my more casual friends as well. Who knows?

> Does this suprise you in anyway? Their so called “Community Manager” hasnt tweeted a thing in 2 days.
>
> There has been little/no response from 343.
>
> They are trying to wait it out.
>
> My threads earlier were deleted, criticism is not allowed apparantly.
>
> Really disappointing overall.

You really hate her done you

> > Does this suprise you in anyway? Their so called “Community Manager” hasnt tweeted a thing in 2 days.
> >
> > There has been little/no response from 343.
> >
> > They are trying to wait it out.
> >
> > My threads earlier were deleted, criticism is not allowed apparantly.
> >
> > Really disappointing overall.
>
> You really hate her done you

No, i just feel that if a community manager is going to put out such a deafening silence over an issue then she has failed in her role as community manager.

> You really hate her done you

Or maybe he’s just frustrated with 343 Industries seeming complete indifference with their community. I generally like Halo 4 quite a bit, but I find 343’s behaviour more than a bit off-putting.

343 being so stuck under Microsoft’s thumb is one of the worst things that could’ve happened to Halo. Every time a developer is trapped under a publisher (as is the case with all first party developers) the product suffers. Microsoft needs to learn that Developer freedom=better product=more sales=larger profits.

> > You really hate her done you
>
> Or maybe he’s just frustrated with 343 Industries seeming complete indifference with their community. I generally like Halo 4 quite a bit, but I find 343’s behaviour more than a bit off-putting.

He had a hate filled post that got locked that was aimed at BS Angel

> Does this suprise you in anyway? Their so called “Community Manager” hasnt tweeted a thing in 2 days.
>
> There has been little/no response from 343.
>
> They are trying to wait it out.
>
> My threads earlier were deleted, criticism is not allowed apparantly.
>
> Really disappointing overall.

I just read all this guys posts, they’re all negative. (not surprising i guess) So my question is: Did you join this forum just to complain? Sorry i know
it’s not on topic, just frustrated with whiners and complainers.

Back on topic… Lots and lots of companies delete comments and edit
posts. Its their webpage, they can do what they want i guess.

> > Does this suprise you in anyway? Their so called “Community Manager” hasnt tweeted a thing in 2 days.
> >
> > There has been little/no response from 343.
> >
> > They are trying to wait it out.
> >
> > My threads earlier were deleted, criticism is not allowed apparantly.
> >
> > Really disappointing overall.
>
> I just read all this guys posts, they’re all negative. (not surprising i guess) So my question is: Did you join this forum just to complain? Sorry i know
> it’s not on topic, just frustrated with whiners and complainers.
>
> Back on topic… Lots and lots of companies delete comments and edit
> posts. Its their webpage, they can do what they want i guess.

Thats it right there. They keep it clean and im glad they do. I played BF3 for months and the BF3 fourms are a mess.

NEWS JUST IN - 343i/Microsoft THINK YOU ARE STUPID.

Really that lie of an announcment:

14 Day - Buy and Play
Many of you participated in our “14 Day - Buy and Play” program…

Normally when your in a hole you stop digging, would have just been better to blame it on a glitch - like most tech companies do, allow those who got it free to keep it and move on.

The best selling point for a map pack is the number of players in the playlists, many of those who have had the ‘free trial’ will be very unlikely to buy it once their ‘trial’ is over, the user reviews of the packs arn’t exactly great.

And thanks to 343 trying to shove BS at us over their constant stream of screw-ups you can expect sales of any DLC form them to be poor.

So because they messed up they are now saying it was just a free week of maps all along?

That’s hilarious.

Xbox twitter support flat out said that it was their mistake for releasing it for free, and that people who DLed it that way could keep it.

What is going on MS…

What a crock of…

I’m beyond happy I did not purchase the season pass.

This is the last straw 343… bait and switch? Screw you…

> What a crock of…
>
> I’m beyond happy I did not purchase the season pass.
>
> This is the last straw 343… bait and switch? Screw you…

This isnt 343 fault, MS controls DLC dont blame the wrong people

wow people are still yoinking about this comeon just be happy you got to play on them i personnally like the maps and i am glad i bought the LE even if it took me 5 months to pay it off. If it is that big of a deal buy the season pass that way you get to keep it and get the others. and remember this is a microsoft problem dont blame 343 because i garentee if bungie was in charge the same thing would have happened and you guys would have blamed MS instead of them so stop hating on 343i.

I thought it was a great compromise.

Sure, the cover up story isn’t entirely the truth, but at least they’ve tried to come up with a way for the people who got the map pack for free to keep it for a bit while those who paid for the map pack in any way don’t feel like they got ripped off. The issue shouldn’t have occurred in the first place. Given the situation, though, I feel they made the best of it.

I am honestly amazed at how bad the sense of entitlement has gotten in the Halo community, and the Xbox Live community as a whole.