They just now have a polished scene?

In the December sparkcast Franl O Conner said they hit a mile stone of the first fully polished scene with out place holders or green geometry. Sounds like the game is behind to me. I would think they would at least have a trailer made by now even if they dont show it.

Just so you know the teaser said holiday 2012… um they have like a whole year.

> Just so you know the teaser said holiday 2012… um they have like a whole year.

Even if the game is released in Nov. or around that time for the holidays, that’s only a two month difference from 3 and Reach. And those titles showed quite a bit of work at this point in time of their development.

This game is coming out in 2013. Seems fairly obvious. Next march probably.

> This game is coming out in 2013. Seems fairly obvious. Next march probably.

They’ve been making halo 4 for at least 3 years now so no

> In the December sparkcast Franl O Conner said they hit a mile stone of the first fully polished scene with out place holders or green geometry. Sounds like the game is behind to me. I would think they would at least have a trailer made by now even if they dont show it.

Do you know anything about the game design process? I’m inclined to think not based on that statement.

People said the same thing about the battlefield beta and how it had so many glitches despite it coming out in less than a month.

Besides if they where behind they would not release evidence of the fact.

> > Just so you know the teaser said holiday 2012… um they have like a whole year.
>
> Even if the game is released in Nov. or around that time for the holidays, that’s only a two month difference from 3 and Reach. And those titles showed quite a bit of work at this point in time of their development.

No they didn’t. At the same point in time, Halo 3 had 2 trailers and Halo Reach had 2 trailers.

Right now, we have 2 trailers.

> > Just so you know the teaser said holiday 2012… um they have like a whole year.
>
> Even if the game is released in Nov. or around that time for the holidays, that’s only a two month difference from 3 and Reach. And those titles showed quite a bit of work at this point in time of their development.

… They only had VGA trailers at this point in development, and that isn’t saying much.

They are preparing all that stuff for 2012’s E3.

Op reach and halo 3 were at the same stages at this point.

I don’t remember them saying what the milestone was, just that it was a milestone.

>

just makin stuff up now? the only we saw of reach a year before release was one trailer released at the VGAs

You know, the “polishing” of anything is usually one of the last parts of the creative process. If you do the polishing right away and something needs to be changed, it is a lot more work than working with a rough version of it.

i think its safe to say that come e3 2012 were gonna see lots of info on halo 4

Where can I find the sparkcast?

Good. Sounds like they’ve been packing Halo 4 with content. A year to polish up and it’ll be a classic.

> They are preparing all that stuff for 2012’s E3.

we can probably expect some ingame screens and maybe a new trailer in February or March.

> In the December sparkcast Franl O Conner said they hit a mile stone of the first fully polished scene with out place holders or green geometry. Sounds like the game is behind to me. I would think they would at least have a trailer made by now even if they dont show it.

A trailer of what, green blocks and Halo3/Reach placeholders?
Since a trailer is made up of a montage of clips that span a time-frame, how would they make a trailer in the first place?
Further, you would prefer they do Halo2’s development procedure of working on a demo-level instead of an entire game to accomplish this?

Lolwut? The leaked 2 hours of Mass Effect 3 footage is completely unfinished with unrendered models, textures, sounds and voices and the game comes out in 3 months. Halo 4 has got another 6+ months at least of development time, I think you’re just trying to find excuses to put doubt on the game. Enough with these ridiculous fallacies…