They are too talky now

I have the fealing that with the new update the spartans and or maries are talking even more, anoingly more. Something that is brothing me because the spartans i have learned to know were the gens 2&3 they were more silient types, only talked when nessensery. In the book “hunters in the dark” there is some good phraese to this topic

To shorten my statment: The new spartans are far too human for me. We have now spartan 4 who betray for their own good. Something which would have nether happend with a 2 or 3. From a gameplay perspective and lore perspctive the 4th gen of spartans is weaker, ineficent compared to their pre models.
Just Odst with better armour, not the spartan mentality.

Now let the fanboys arise to spread the hate :smiley:

You do realize that the voiceovers are for gameplay purposes… Right?

Let the English professors arise and spread some knowledge :smiley:

I don’t even notice the spartans talking half the time, doesn’t really bother me. But what exactly is annoying about callouts when your team doesn’t talk to you? It’s kind of nice.

I too butcher the English language. :smiley:

I turned them off a long time ago. Call outs and competitive gaming in general are overrated.

> 2535414341107016;1:
> I have the fealing that with the new update the spartans and or maries are talking even more, anoingly more. Something that is brothing me because the spartans i have learned to know were the gens 2&3 they were more silient types, only talked when nessensery. In the book “hunters in the dark” there is some good phraese to this topic
>
> To shorten my statment: The new spartans are far too human for me. We have now spartan 4 who betray for their own good. Something which would have nether happend with a 2 or 3. From a gameplay perspective and lore perspctive the 4th gen of spartans is weaker, ineficent compared to their pre models.
> Just Odst with better armour, not the spartan mentality.
>
> Now let the fanboys arise to spread the hate :smiley:

Seriously?

If people would spend more time listening to the callouts, instead of complaining about them, playing with randoms wouldn’t be so annoying.

“Enemy with a sword!” - teammate sprints right towards sword guy

“Enemy sniper, watch out” - teammate walks into open and gets head taken off

They are here to improve the Mp experience. Not appease your knowledge of the books.

If you could share with me how i turn them off or did you just put the voice to zero?

my favourite is “have a nade”

> 2535414341107016;8:
> If you could share with me how i turn them off or did you just put the voice to zero?

You can turn off Spartan chatter in the options under Audio/Video

Its the MP Team Chatter option. Toggle it off for beautiful silence.

> 2676692992818466;7:
> > 2535414341107016;1:
> > I have the fealing that with the new update the spartans and or maries are talking even more, anoingly more. Something that is brothing me because the spartans i have learned to know were the gens 2&3 they were more silient types, only talked when nessensery. In the book “hunters in the dark” there is some good phraese to this topic
> >
> > To shorten my statment: The new spartans are far too human for me. We have now spartan 4 who betray for their own good. Something which would have nether happend with a 2 or 3. From a gameplay perspective and lore perspctive the 4th gen of spartans is weaker, ineficent compared to their pre models.
> > Just Odst with better armour, not the spartan mentality.
> >
> > Now let the fanboys arise to spread the hate :smiley:
>
>
> Seriously?
>
> If people would spend more time listening to the callouts, instead of complaining about them, playing with randoms wouldn’t be so annoying.
>
> “Enemy with a sword!” - teammate sprints right towards sword guy
>
> “Enemy sniper, watch out” - teammate walks into open and gets head taken off
>
> They are hear to improve the Mp experience. Not appease your knowledge of the books.

they are very help full, i hear them most of the time when i get sniped or sword striked or can see that happen…

I noticed the talking too, but I think it helps.

Whoa! I’m on your side spartan! :smiley:
We got Spartans here! :smiley:
Hey spartan. :smiley:
I’m dry! Reloading! :smiley:
Check your eyes spartan! :smiley:
You wanna get paid?!? Move it… wait… that’s Black ops 2… XD

they changed it, okey!?

The callouts are there to help newer players, and you can just turn them off. But seriously? Spartan 3s better than 4s? Spartan 3s were literal canon fodder, the majority (not Noble/Headhunters) of their “missions” were just sending hundreds and hundreds of them to do something and all/almost all of them ending up dead and the ones that survived get PTSD.

OK, I have no idea why I noticed this… but did anyone else notice the paragraph that starts out with “To shorten my statement”… is actually longer than the original statement? 0.o

Turn off Mp chatter in settings then.

Not as bad as players playing dumb music or constant gibberish talk before the match starts… What’s worse is that you CANNOT determine who is talking during the game loading lobby…

I actually like the spartans and NPCs talk in the multiplayer IMO. Nothing wrong with the following:

Marines saying “Hey there Spartan!”
Promethean Soldiers making fun of killed players by saying: This is humanity’s best??"
Elites constantly talking trash.
Grunts and their loudmouth talk.
Jackals and their psychopathic talk.
Lastly, Warden taunting players and saying these each time players are killed by him: “You are finished!”, “I’ve triumphed!”, rare but funny dialogue, he said something weird that I couldn’t capture, but at the end, he say: “Who’s next?!”

xD

I don’t want to have a “bro” Spartan.

You can turn off the spartans talking. I use to know that there is an enemy sniper or they have the sword, it’s way more reliable than friends. Look out he’s got a sword! Thanks I’m already dead to him xD.