These forums are a mess!

343 really needs to organize these forums by specific games in the halo series. I really don’t want to see all of these Halo 4 wishlist stuff when I want to read discussions about the game a actually play, HALO: REACH. All the games are just rolled into one mess and it’s almost impossible to find information about the thing you are here to read.

So please 343, just make these forums organized so I can find what i’m looking for, not all of these “H4 Neydz kilstreeekz!!11!” threads that flood this place. If you really want opinions on H4, MAKE A H4 WISHLIST/SUGGESTION THREAD.

kthxbai.

In case you didn’t know this forum is a BETA so you might expect this to happen

Seriously? It’s that bad? When’s the last time you’ve seen a thread like that… (don’t worry, I’ll wait.)

But these forums are in beta stage. There is an improvements wishlist thread over here. And hopefully someday you will notice that the search bar in this forum is probably one of the most fluid ones out there. Hopefully it can tide you over during the process.

> Seriously? It’s that bad? When’s the last time you’ve seen a thread like that… (don’t worry, I’ll wait.)
>
>
>
>
>
>
> But these forums are in beta stage. There is an improvements wishlist thread over here. And hopefully someday you will notice that the search bar in this forum is probably one of the most fluid ones out there. Hopefully it can tide you over during the process.

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/19897.aspx

I have but one word for you right now:

Assimilation.

Well, I still can’t find the flood of “H4 Neydz kilstreeekz!!11” so I will assume that was a massive exaggeration.

As far as a Halo 4 wish list, the search bar would come in handy once again! Bam.

We have an awesome community here. Sure we may bicker amongst each other about little nuances. But we respect each other’s opinions greatly. Give us some time to grow on you and I bet you’ll enjoy it here.

> We have an awesome community here. Sure we may bicker amongst each other about little nuances. But we respect each other’s opinions greatly. Give us some time to grow on you and I bet you’ll enjoy it here.

Just don’t let bs angel on your team in grifball.

> Well, I still can’t find the flood of “H4 Neydz kilstreeekz!!11” so I will assume that was a massive exaggeration.
>
> As far as a Halo 4 wish list, the search bar would come in handy once again! http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/12254/97782.aspx?PageIndex=1

I don’t come onto Halo forums to find a specific topic. I come because I want to see what the buzz is around the Halo: REACH community, you know, the halo game people play! Instead I have to fish around these useless post like the one I quoted above, it was a complete waste of time.

I use forums to get a broad sense of what the Halo: Reach community is talking about, or even some new news somebody found about Halo:Reach TU, or CEA maps. Not to search word for word for something, if I did I would simply use google for cold hard facts and not forum discussion.

Since you really want me to break it down, fine. Let’s go through the first page of the forums, shall we?

For the purpose of this lesson, we’ll stick to General Discussion, since that’s where your topic is listed. If you’d like, we can go through other sub-forums as well.

Diagram A

As you can see this is simple page layout, especially for a forum. On the left side of the page is the aspect of Halo that the topic is positioned towards. There are multiple categories. Waypoint, Halo CE, 2, 3, ODST, Reach, and All. These placeholders usually let people know what the topic will be about.

Since you wanted a broad overview of all things Halo - let’s list the topics that show up on the first page alone.

Halo Waypoint Forum Festivities - Events for the community, by the community, all bundled up in to one neat, organized thread.

Halo Fest/ PAX Prime - a discussion of the upcoming events in Seattle, WA the last weekend of August…

Halo Feedback - Good or bad, join in on the conversation and tell everyone just what you think.

Introduce yourself - self explanatory, right? No? Ok this is where you will… Introduce yourself.

These forums are a mess (note: the only pessimistic title on this page.)

Cut down the Firefight challenges - Discussion of the inclusion of Firefight in the Weekly and daily challenges.

My humble suggestions for the forums - refreshing, and so polite.

cR or EXP - which do you think is better?

Reach panoramas - A marvelous group of creations by our own Waypoint member aVeryEasyTarget

Button Mapping for Halo 4 - more customization equals more win

Hunters:Brutes - how many are there, really?

Your sticker - memorabilia that most probably threw away

Gamescom - News from Deutschland. Will there be any?

Halo 4 Wish List - wow, you asked, and it’s right there.

Whew, glad you stuck in there with me. I know there were a LOT of different things to see and do. Like a said, a great community, full of fun and flavorful people who love their Halo.

Now if we subtract the pinned topics at the top of the page, that leaves us 10 topics to work with. 2 are about forums, 2 are about Reach, 3 about Halo 4, and 3 are general discussion. It really doesn’t seem that hard to navigate, especially when pictures are involved. You don’t even have to read. The human brain only needs to recognize what the world looks like not actually says.

For you, just because I love you, I checked the Multiplayer section and found tons of threads about Reach. Sure a lot of them are discussing gameplay aspects that they wish would change, and that’s expected. But boy-oh-boy there is a ton of stuff happening. You should most on over and check it out. If you’d like, I’ll post a walk through.

And unfortunately, the buzz right now is about the TU, Halo CE:A, and Halo 4. I’ll admit, I’m excited as can be for all 3. I barely post anything about Reach anymore, unless I’m about to play. As a matter of fact, I’m going to do that now. I’m tired of typing. Would you like to come play as well?

I was getting ready to reply and then I realized rukizzel took all the good points. Although I would have went with a little less sarcasm.

Anyway, my best advice is to take him up on his offer. He’s good people. The forums will be changing so try and be patient for that. Give this place a chance and reserve judgment if you can.

If you are interested in Reach as much as it seems maybe you could join us for some of the upcoming playdates listed here: Halo Waypoint Forum Festivities

<4

adapt besides its still a beta, just wait if you dont like them right now, then dont view its that simple.

I’m just happy they fixed it so that I can read the pages after page 1, that was annoying!

> > Well, I still can’t find the flood of “H4 Neydz kilstreeekz!!11” so I will assume that was a massive exaggeration.
> >
> > As far as a Halo 4 wish list, the search bar would come in handy once again! http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/12254/97782.aspx?PageIndex=1
>
> I don’t come onto Halo forums to find a specific topic. I come because I want to see what the buzz is around the Halo: REACH community, you know, the halo game people play! Instead I have to fish around these useless post like the one I quoted above, it was a complete waste of time.
>
> I use forums to get a broad sense of what the Halo: Reach community is talking about, or even some new news somebody found about Halo:Reach TU, or CEA maps. Not to search word for word for something, if I did I would simply use google for cold hard facts and not forum discussion.

Well I’m sorry you feel the only thing anyone and everyone should talk about is Reach, however, as these forums are still beta, they aren’t the most organized as of yet, and even then, these are still forums, and this is general discussion. If you didn’t want a wide range of things being talked about other than just Reach, why did you come to general discussion and then complain about everything not being Reach? I’d assume you’d have better luck in the multiplayer forum. Sure that has Halo 4 threads too, but it’s not like it’s that hard to find recent topics on Reach you would like to participate in. There are topics past the first page that are still alive and well, just with need of a new post after all.

I kind of have too agree with the OP. Except on the count of the “everything has to be about reach” part. There are too many petitions and “what we want in H4” threads. H4 is more than a year away, guys. You don’t have to worry about it just yet. And how many of you trust 343i to make H4 great? Because not many of you are showing it.

I don’t know if it’s such a good idea to split the forums into game-specific subforums just yet. The community is still comparatively small, so any splitting up might prove to be more of a drawback than advantage.

However, I think it could work if the forums are split into three subforums: “current Halo” (Reach), “legacy Halo” (H:CE, H2, H3, ODST, Halo Wars), “future Halo” (HCEA, H4).

I like the forums the way they are, there is not many active people on here so there is only like 10 active threads, maybe in the future this would be nice but with the number of people that use the forums now, its just not needed.