There's no place for casual gamers in Halo 5.

I mean seriously, why do even the supposedly casual modes feel so damn frustrating to play? It’s like unless I’m sweaty and tryharding to the max I get absolutely destroyed. There is no way to relax in this game, and it’s more frustrating to play than any game I have EVER played before. What the -Yoink- is up with that?

I kinda wish Action Sack had more gametypes that were expected of the playlist… Fiesta styled stuff being more common, rather than things like Mantis Breakout which isn’t all that fun to be honest.

I remember a time, long ago, when video games used to be fun, and weren’t pretty much guaranteed to make you rip your hair out because of how mind-numbingly frustrating they are. 343 doesn’t have the simplest understanding of why people liked Halo.

Theres a learning curve but thats also what the ranks are for. Took me a day or so to not get destroyed but its like that on the first few days of any game. I honestly wouldnt stress the first few days, even if you get ranked bronze, youll rank up pretty fast once you get the hang of it. If you want casual then go with BTB.

The game is only frustrating if you let it be. also H5 was built for competitive play primarily. I feel action sack, warzone and warzone firefight are casual. the rest can be pretty sweaty, which is good imo… We haven’t had good sweaty play since H3 IMO.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> The game is only frustrating if you let it be. also H5 was built for competitive play primarily. I feel action sack, warzone and warzone firefight are casual. the rest can be pretty sweaty, which is good imo… We haven’t had good sweaty play since H3 IMO.

“sweaty” and videogames aren’t supposed to go together, and when they do, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what you were shooting for in your game.

Bungie made Halo games that were competitive, yet fun. Halo 5 is so competitive that there’s no room for people like me, who aren’t always in the mindset of having to play extremely focused to the point of frustration to even go positive.

Then look at the “non-competitive” modes too. Firefight is cheap beyond reason, warzone is an oversaturated mess of power weapons and vehicles unlike anything I’ve seen before, and action sack is, well, honestly downright pathetic in this Halo.

> 2533274827215546;6:
> > 2533274816788253;5:
> > The game is only frustrating if you let it be. also H5 was built for competitive play primarily. I feel action sack, warzone and warzone firefight are casual. the rest can be pretty sweaty, which is good imo… We haven’t had good sweaty play since H3 IMO.
>
> “sweaty” and videogames aren’t supposed to go together, and when they do, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what you were shooting for in your game.

This may surprise you but some players enjoy competitive play aka sweaty play.

> 2533274827215546;7:
> Bungie made Halo games that were competitive, yet fun. Halo 5 is so competitive that there’s no room for people like me, who aren’t always in the mindset of having to play extremely focused to the point of frustration to even go positive.
>
> I mean, just look at the “non-competitive” modes too. Firefight is cheap beyond reason, warzone is an oversaturated mess of power weapons and vehicles unlike anything I’ve seen before, and action sack is, well, honestly downright pathetic in this Halo. At my rank, 80, you need to pay actual money to get a reasonable amount of usable REQs to use in firefight or just accept that you will be always outgunned. And that game mode is not good enough to justify spending my actual earnings on it

this was supposed to be an edit of my previous post, misclicked.

But LethalQ, what of the countless others who want to play Halo to, I don’t know, kick back and enjoy the play rather than working yourself up to sweatiness for every. single. match. I don’t play videogames to tire myself out, and contrary to what you might think, neither do most people.

> 2533274827215546;7:
> Bungie made Halo games that were competitive, yet fun. Halo 5 is so competitive that there’s no room for people like me, who aren’t always in the mindset of having to play extremely focused to the point of frustration to even go positive.
>
> Then look at the “non-competitive” modes too. Firefight is cheap beyond reason, warzone is an oversaturated mess of power weapons and vehicles unlike anything I’ve seen before, and action sack is, well, honestly downright pathetic in this Halo.

You may want to play MCC and before you respond with the “it’s broken” when was the last time you tried playing? every time I put in my MCC disc, do a hard reset and launch MCC I find games. it is pretty much all causal now. also you can download Reach to tour Xbox one. I hear quite a few still play it.

> 2533274827215546;9:
> > 2533274827215546;7:
> > Bungie made Halo games that were competitive, yet fun. Halo 5 is so competitive that there’s no room for people like me, who aren’t always in the mindset of having to play extremely focused to the point of frustration to even go positive.
> >
> > I mean, just look at the “non-competitive” modes too. Firefight is cheap beyond reason, warzone is an oversaturated mess of power weapons and vehicles unlike anything I’ve seen before, and action sack is, well, honestly downright pathetic in this Halo. At my rank, 80, you need to pay actual money to get a reasonable amount of usable REQs to use in firefight or just accept that you will be always outgunned. And that game mode is not good enough to justify spending my actual earnings on it
>
> this was supposed to be an edit of my previous post, misclicked.
>
> But LethalQ, what of the countless others who want to play Halo to, I don’t know, kick back and enjoy the play rather than working yourself up to sweatiness for every. single. match. I don’t play videogames to tire myself out, and contrary to what you might think, neither do most people.

Could always just play ranked modes casually. Just because it shows you a rank doesn’t mean you have to try to do well.

> 2533274803493024;11:
> > 2533274827215546;9:
> > > 2533274827215546;7:
> > > Bungie made Halo games that were competitive, yet fun. Halo 5 is so competitive that there’s no room for people like me, who aren’t always in the mindset of having to play extremely focused to the point of frustration to even go positive.
> > >
> > > I mean, just look at the “non-competitive” modes too. Firefight is cheap beyond reason, warzone is an oversaturated mess of power weapons and vehicles unlike anything I’ve seen before, and action sack is, well, honestly downright pathetic in this Halo. At my rank, 80, you need to pay actual money to get a reasonable amount of usable REQs to use in firefight or just accept that you will be always outgunned. And that game mode is not good enough to justify spending my actual earnings on it
> >
> > this was supposed to be an edit of my previous post, misclicked.
> >
> > But LethalQ, what of the countless others who want to play Halo to, I don’t know, kick back and enjoy the play rather than working yourself up to sweatiness for every. single. match. I don’t play videogames to tire myself out, and contrary to what you might think, neither do most people.
>
> Could always just play ranked modes casually. Just because it shows you a rank doesn’t mean you have to try to do well.

Playing that casually means you will get mercilessly destroyed any time.
No previous Halo game has put me in a really bad mood every time I played, without fail. It’s the same reason NONE of my friends even bother with Halo 5 anymore. I keep giving it chances because I love Halo and its atmosphere, but it’s just DUMB how Halo 5 was designed exclusively with hyper-competitive play in mind. That’s only fun for a very select few.

> 2533274803493024;11:
> > 2533274827215546;9:
> > > 2533274827215546;7:
> > > Bungie made Halo games that were competitive, yet fun. Halo 5 is so competitive that there’s no room for people like me, who aren’t always in the mindset of having to play extremely focused to the point of frustration to even go positive.
> > >
> > > I mean, just look at the “non-competitive” modes too. Firefight is cheap beyond reason, warzone is an oversaturated mess of power weapons and vehicles unlike anything I’ve seen before, and action sack is, well, honestly downright pathetic in this Halo. At my rank, 80, you need to pay actual money to get a reasonable amount of usable REQs to use in firefight or just accept that you will be always outgunned. And that game mode is not good enough to justify spending my actual earnings on it
> >
> > this was supposed to be an edit of my previous post, misclicked.
> >
> > But LethalQ, what of the countless others who want to play Halo to, I don’t know, kick back and enjoy the play rather than working yourself up to sweatiness for every. single. match. I don’t play videogames to tire myself out, and contrary to what you might think, neither do most people.
>
> Could always just play ranked modes casually. Just because it shows you a rank doesn’t mean you have to try to do well.

I guess when you play modes like that, the “competitive spirit” kicks in even if just subconsciously. Several times I’ve tried to go into Arena with the intention of just lazily playing and halfway through every match I end up switching to being focused on doing my best (Which admittedly is still not that good, I can admit my flaws)

> 2533274827215546;12:
> > 2533274803493024;11:
> > > 2533274827215546;9:
> > > > 2533274827215546;7:
> > > > Bungie made Halo games that were competitive, yet fun. Halo 5 is so competitive that there’s no room for people like me, who aren’t always in the mindset of having to play extremely focused to the point of frustration to even go positive.
> > > >
> > > > I mean, just look at the “non-competitive” modes too. Firefight is cheap beyond reason, warzone is an oversaturated mess of power weapons and vehicles unlike anything I’ve seen before, and action sack is, well, honestly downright pathetic in this Halo. At my rank, 80, you need to pay actual money to get a reasonable amount of usable REQs to use in firefight or just accept that you will be always outgunned. And that game mode is not good enough to justify spending my actual earnings on it
> > >
> > > this was supposed to be an edit of my previous post, misclicked.
> > >
> > > But LethalQ, what of the countless others who want to play Halo to, I don’t know, kick back and enjoy the play rather than working yourself up to sweatiness for every. single. match. I don’t play videogames to tire myself out, and contrary to what you might think, neither do most people.
> >
> > Could always just play ranked modes casually. Just because it shows you a rank doesn’t mean you have to try to do well.
>
> Playing that casually means you will get mercilessly destroyed any time. Next?

No it doesn’t though. If you play it casually and don’t care your casual persona will eventually get ranked. Hypothetically for the sake of conversation, let’s say one gets ranked at silver 2. It would then be matched against others near that skill rank, so the casual games would have a logical 50% win rate. There’s not much difference between a ranked playlist and an unranked playlist. The main differences are:

  • Ranked playlists show your skill rank. Unranked playlists hide your skill rank, but it’s still there and serves the same purpose. - Ranked playlists tend to have a more narrow degree of skill searching, but it shouldn’t affect the end goal or win rate.

> 2533274803493024;14:
> > 2533274827215546;12:
> > > 2533274803493024;11:
> > > > 2533274827215546;9:
> > > > > 2533274827215546;7:
> > > > > Bungie made Halo games that were competitive, yet fun. Halo 5 is so competitive that there’s no room for people like me, who aren’t always in the mindset of having to play extremely focused to the point of frustration to even go positive.
> > > > >
> > > > > I mean, just look at the “non-competitive” modes too. Firefight is cheap beyond reason, warzone is an oversaturated mess of power weapons and vehicles unlike anything I’ve seen before, and action sack is, well, honestly downright pathetic in this Halo. At my rank, 80, you need to pay actual money to get a reasonable amount of usable REQs to use in firefight or just accept that you will be always outgunned. And that game mode is not good enough to justify spending my actual earnings on it
> > > >
> > > > this was supposed to be an edit of my previous post, misclicked.
> > > >
> > > > But LethalQ, what of the countless others who want to play Halo to, I don’t know, kick back and enjoy the play rather than working yourself up to sweatiness for every. single. match. I don’t play videogames to tire myself out, and contrary to what you might think, neither do most people.
> > >
> > > Could always just play ranked modes casually. Just because it shows you a rank doesn’t mean you have to try to do well.
> >
> > Playing that casually means you will get mercilessly destroyed any time. Next?
>
> No it doesn’t though. If you play it casually and don’t care your casual persona will eventually get ranked. Hypothetically for the sake of conversation, let’s say one gets ranked at silver 2. It would then be matched against others near that skill rank, so the casual games would have a logical 50% win rate. There’s not much difference between a ranked playlist and an unranked playlist. The main differences are:
>
>
> - Ranked playlists show your skillrank. Unranked playlists hide your skill rank, but it’s still there and serves the same purpose. - Ranked playlists tend to have a more narrow degree of skill searching, but it shouldn’t affect the end goal or win rate.

Yet, this game is still so hyper-focused on hyper-competitiveness and complete reliance on teamwork, you can’t even do good in a losing match if the other team is somewhat coordinated.

I guess what I’m trying to say, worded better, is you cannot play this game solo and expect to have fun. Unless you’re playing with a team and always coordinating and strategizing, you will get destroyed every time. In all of the older Halo games, you could do good as a solo player just relying on your aim and your skill, with basic strategy. In Halo 5, having good aim will get you almost nowhere.

You sure about that? I remember getting thrashed just as badly in Halo 3 and Reach as I do in Halo 5. If not worse at times.

> 2533274827215546;16:
> I guess what I’m trying to say, worded better, is you cannot play this game solo and expect to have fun. Unless you’re playing with a team and always coordinating and strategizing, you will get destroyed every time. In all of the older Halo games, you could do good as a solo player just relying on your aim and your skill, with basic strategy. In Halo 5, having good aim will get you almost nowhere.

I disagree. I solo play all the time and sure I have had bad beats but I have had plenty of wins as well. But I am a well above average player so maybe that helps.

> 2533274827215546;16:
> I guess what I’m trying to say, worded better, is you cannot play this game solo and expect to have fun. Unless you’re playing with a team and always coordinating and strategizing, you will get destroyed every time. In all of the older Halo games, you could do good as a solo player just relying on your aim and your skill, with basic strategy. In Halo 5, having good aim will get you almost nowhere.

OBJECTION!

I play Halo 5 solo about 95% of the time, and I have fun just about 99% of the time.

I don’t understand then. I get frustrated and turn off Halo 5 after about 2 games, where Halo 2, 3, Reach, and 4 I could play all friggin day and kick -Yoink- and enjoy all of it. I didn’t get worse.