There's already a way to cheat in grifball...

So I was playing a regular game of grifball, and some dude managed to get the ball outside of the map and score with it. I have 2 clips of it

Something similar happened to me yesterday. Enemy ball carrier managed to get on to of the wall with the ball in hand. The match turned into 10 minutes of kill farming… This is something I knew would inevitably happen when I saw the first Grifball footage from Polygon. Given that the Grifball court doesn’t have a roof, that the ball can be thrown a significant distance, and that players have much greater vertical movement ability in Halo 5, these sorts of exploits were inevitable.

The solution, thankfully, is extremely simple. Put a roof on the Grifball court. The intent of the map’s design, evidenced by the high (though apparently not high enough) walls is to keep players within the bounds of the court. Now that we know that players can escape the court by getting over those walls, all that needs to be done is to place a roof on the court to stop this behavior. Players will stay trapped in the court, as intended, and Grifball can be played the way it is meant to be played.

This solution doesn’t need a massive update to fix. Just put a roof on the already existing map and replace the roofless court with the fixed court in the playlist. It can be accomplished in a hotfix.

There are invisable walls surrounding the whole court and it has a roof aswell, you can see that in forge, but the update made the invisable walls just be invisable, the blocking mechanic isn’t working as of now. But one other thing that’s wrong about the map, there’s no kill boundries at all…

You can also get outside the map, grab the turret, and come back and endlessly mow down the enemy team with it.

Lazy Link 1
Lazy Link 2

Well a ceiling would definitely keep this from happening, or some death zones and the ball immediately despawning after exiting the boundry. Either way would work, and either way is an easy fix, I’m sure it’ll get worked out. At this moment we’lol just have to defend it the best we can, and I’m still enjoying grifball especially with all the mobility we have.

> 2533274804014404;2:
> Something similar happened to me yesterday. Enemy ball carrier managed to get on to of the wall with the ball in hand. The match turned into 10 minutes of kill farming… This is something I knew would inevitably happen when I saw the first Grifball footage from Polygon. Given that the Grifball court doesn’t have a roof, that the ball can be thrown a significant distance, and that players have much greater vertical movement ability in Halo 5, these sorts of exploits were inevitable.
>
> The solution, thankfully, is extremely simple. Put a roof on the Grifball court. The intent of the map’s design, evidenced by the high (though apparently not high enough) walls is to keep players within the bounds of the court. Now that we know that players can escape the court by getting over those walls, all that needs to be done is to place a roof on the court to stop this behavior. Players will stay trapped in the court, as intended, and Grifball can be played the way it is meant to be played.
>
> This solution doesn’t need a massive update to fix. Just put a roof on the already existing map and replace the roofless court with the fixed court in the playlist. It can be accomplished in a hotfix.

That’s exactly what I was thinking! A roof would be amazing.

> 2533274924369891;4:
> You can also get outside the map, grab the turret, and come back and endlessly mow down the enemy team with it.

Really? Dear god that sounds absolutely terrible.

I just report the cheaters. It was 4-4 until the cheater jumped from outside the map to ground pound into our zone. It’s pathetic they can’t play the game correctly, and GG 343, no killzones or playtests well enough to avoid that. It’s your only map btw lol, just leave it to the forgers to make the maps, because they are still waiting to get theirs into the fray.

The turret is so far and require multiple people that by the time they got back the other team probably ended the game already.

Also, it’s a bug. They put kill boundaries there but they’re broken and they’re working on fixing it.

I saw that they are trying to fix that and the betrayals.

> 2533274823625840;9:
> The turret is so far and require multiple people that by the time they got back the other team probably ended the game already.
>
> Also, it’s a bug. They put kill boundaries there but they’re broken and they’re working on fixing it.

Hopefully Knockyard fixes it soon lol.

<mark>Do not post spam.</mark>

> 2533274824494670;3:
> There are invisable walls surrounding the whole court and it has a roof aswell, you can see that in forge, but the update made the invisable walls just be invisable, the blocking mechanic isn’t working as of now. But one other thing that’s wrong about the map, there’s no kill boundries at all…

link 1
link 2

> 2535458291926345;1:
> So I was playing a regular game of grifball, and some dude managed to get the ball outside of the map and score with it. I have 2 clips of it
>
> Gamer DVR - Xbox clips, Twitch clips and streams, Xbox screenshots, Xbox videos, Xbox DVR and more on Gamer DVR!
>
> Gamer DVR - Xbox clips, Twitch clips and streams, Xbox screenshots, Xbox videos, Xbox DVR and more on Gamer DVR!

this happened to me recently my entire team got outside the map but me so it was a 1v4 but the enemy team was not very good so i did not get spawn killed. also, about 3 quarters through the match they came back in and we won so it did not really bother me, but being able to score is just stupid

In one of my previous Grifball games, towards the end I got launched a very far distance out of the map, except we were losing and I didn’t have the bomb :frowning:

The same thing happened to me. The opposing team grav-hammer jumped over the walls and at one point (when we were winning) the ball guy decided to take a stroll to the edge of Glacier for several minutes, leaving me bored to tears and one of our teammates quitting in frustration.

Thankfully he accidentally killed himself by reaching a certain point where the ball became out of bounds and we were able to win, but at the same time it’s frustrating that they can exploit the game in that way.