There's a little something that bugs me about this game.

Technically, this game isn’t Halo in 10 years. This is Halo after only 4, using old dated tech in the 360. Why couldn’t they have just waited one more year, and sold it as a launch title for the next Xbox? It would be very fitting, since after all, it’s just like what happened with the original. This game is fantastic, imagine what they could have done with more powerful tech. Or at least release a graphically buffed version for the PC. We’ll never see another remake of this great game again, waiting more one more year could have went a long way.

> Technically, this game isn’t Halo in 10 years. This is Halo after only 4, using old dated tech in the 360. Why couldn’t they have just waited one more year, and sold it as a launch title for the next Xbox? It would be very fitting, since after all, it’s just like what happened with the original. This game is fantastic, imagine what they could have done with more powerful tech. Or at least release a graphically buffed version for the PC. We’ll never see another remake of this great game again, waiting more one more year could have went a long way.

Perhaps, but newer consoles would have more problems and developers would be working with new tech. Tech that they may not be able to fully utilize right away and thus we may not get the full experience had we waited further down the line. You just need to look at Halo 3 and Halo Reach differences in graphics and scale to get an idea what i mean.

Outdated as it may be, console developers now know the current gen consoles inside and out now and allows them to get the most out the hardware. They are more or less, in their comfort zone as far as that goes. It’s limited sure but i do agree Halo 4 should be put off for the next gen consoles. Seems like milking the series to me to keep Halo relevant since Reach is…well Reach.

Hey steel wool,
This is totally my opinion but the next Xbox is slated to come out in 2014 and over and having it as a launch title would be perfectly fine except 343i would either have to build the multiplayer from the ground up or use the reach engine. If they used the reach multiplayer on anniversary it would look a whole lot more dated. Basically this game came out the day and year it did because it was the exact tenth year anniversary, having it come out on the next console would defeat the whole purpose

If the Halo 4 was delayed for the new Xbox the sales would be terrible. 3-4 years is too long a gap, people would get bored and move onto other franchises and games.

lol haters gonna hate

> Technically, this game isn’t Halo in 10 years. This is Halo after only 4, using old dated tech in the 360. Why couldn’t they have just waited one more year, and sold it as a launch title for the next Xbox? It would be very fitting, since after all, it’s just like what happened with the original. This game is fantastic, imagine what they could have done with more powerful tech. Or at least release a graphically buffed version for the PC. We’ll never see another remake of this great game again, waiting more one more year could have went a long way.

What more do you really think they could have done? Slightly better graphics?

Sorry, but the notion that a 2001 game with better graphics would be a compelling launch title for the next generation Xbox is just silly. Such a game should exploit all of the new technology available, not just offer better graphics on an old game. A 10th anniversary release makes much more sense. Who knows, maybe there will be a 20th anniversary release in 2021 that leapfrogs the next console.

Imagine redesigning a game thats 10 years old? There is no guides on this, formatting and changing a 10 year old game takes patience and dedication, trial and error.

So what, a walls a bit glitchy, you’ll complain a few tricks are gone, go buy the original, and enjoy that if your mad.

Trying to port a Xbox game onto a Xbox 360 proves difficult, imagine trying to port Crash Bandicoot into Xbox 360 whilst retaining old models, graphics, and source code.

Until you’re actually a game developer trying to do this, don’t bash, complain or gripe.

P.S. I haven’t seen an announcement for the next Xbox on Xbox.com, only rumours on sites stating a newer XBox 360 will come out, but not a Xbox 720 or whatever you guys wish it is.